One Hundred Things That Boil My Pish

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: One Hundred Things That Boil My Pish

Post by BR »

1. Hu
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

Well played BR ... well played!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
theundercoverspark
Novice

Post by theundercoverspark »

Shan wrote:Facebook Rugby Fans there twice, at 40 & 89. Entirely unacceptable Baggy. You need one more.

That's because there's 2000 of them. >6shooter

IMG_20151214_200629.jpg
IMG_20151214_200629.jpg (70.61 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Personally I think there is a contradiction in / suicide / and those who oppose assisted dying

because surely the second is the same as the first and both may leave the relatives with a guilt complex.

Personally i favour the" Liverpool Pathway" withhold treatment other than pain relief to those with terminal illness.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Personally I think there is a contradiction in / suicide / and those who oppose assisted dying

because surely the second is the same as the first and both may leave the relatives with a guilt complex.

Personally i favour the" Liverpool Pathway" withhold treatment other than pain relief to those with terminal illness.
Rum'n, that is worryingly dumb.

As you know I too am aging, I feel I probably haven't terribly long to go but I'd rather like to cash in my chips & join the fecking choir celestial with my marlies more or less intact. Accordingly, any chance you could tell me at what age did you lose your ability for logical thought? I know we are all different but just to give me a rough idea. Cheers. :thumleft:

More seriously, as you are proposing it, you must I assume know that the "Liverpool Pathway" deals with people at or incredibly near the end of their lives and as such is completely inappropriate for a range of conditions where those of a sound mind might wish to exercise their free will at a time of their choosing.

I have a sister-in-law who is in a shockingly bad condition with MS. In her state I don't think I would be too hesitant in putting something in place for when I decide that I've had enough. She, as far as I know, has no such feelings, but I see no good reason to prevent anyone of sound mind from making their own call on it.

Slipping back from seriousness, I often think I've lived too long, so many things that make me want to slaughter millions.

I could easily have gone to 500 Things that Boil my Holy Living Fecking Pish, its a bottomless pit of despair, incredulity & hatred.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

It's a bit too early on a Tuesday to get into a full of debate about assisted suicide except to say that like other choice based issues such as abortion the right to make this should be with the person who is affected and not the government. In my sole opinion of course. The government should legislate it to protect the vulnerable and provide safe passage for those of sound mind to make that decision.

Having seen a number of older (and sadly a few not so older to be fair) relatives and friends suffer the ignominy of things like Alzheimer's, MS, Motor Neurone Disease, Strokes among others I would be off the opinion of one is of sound faculties they should be allowed the decision to pass on to the next life with some dignity if they so wish.

My great Aunt lived for 18 years in a state of perpetual confusion. Didn't know her brother, son, nieces, nephews from Adam and often cried when visited because she simply didn't know who we were.

I won't even get into the cost of assisted living but suffice to say the old dear would have been appalled by the amount her considerable estate was utilised by the government to keep her alive.

I know if I was to get the inkling tomorrow that I was losing my marbles and euthanasia is not yet legal in the UK is likely bite a shotgun and at least let my family enjoy some benefit of my Ill-gotten gains than let it be spent on keeping me alive in a void.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Suicide itself was only decriminalised in the UK in 1961 and in Ireland much later in 1993. Societal evolution is a slow process but one hopes we will free ourselves further in time. The ideal outcome is that folk are permitted to have complete ownership of their own bodies, their own lives and that they can nominate somebody to assist them if they need it to end that life. With so many parties who want to retain that control over folk we will be slow getting to this promised land.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

These days many would draw a distinction between suicide and assisted dying. The latter mostly involving people with terminal and life limiting conditions. I know we're all dying but that's a different scenario.

Suicide tends to be a lonely and often a painful and/or flawed process.

It seems only right that everybody should be afforded the choice of dying with dignity at a time and place of their own choosing surrounded by people that care for them, just as Rum can choose to go down the Scouse pathway. Probably not for me but I wouldn't deny him the opportunity.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Suicide itself was only decriminalised in the UK in 1961 and in Ireland much later in 1993. Societal evolution is a slow process but one hopes we will free ourselves further in time. The ideal outcome is that folk are permitted to have complete ownership of their own bodies, their own lives and that they can nominate somebody to assist them if they need it to end that life. With so many parties who want to retain that control over folk we will be slow getting to this promised land.
The idea they could prosecute you for killing yourself always struck me as a far from logical law. You might as well sue God for an act of God, cause the insurance companies won't pay out, however in suing God please understand that in the unlikely event that you succeed in obtaining judgment in your favour, it will be a pyrrhic victory for God is even worse than insurance companies, much to his discredit.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MInd you, it's more expensive than a package holiday, some of which may as well kill you.
Almost 300 Britons have travelled to Dignitas to end their lives.
Britons made up the second highest number of foreigners going to Zurich for assisted suicide between 1998 and 2014, exceeded only by Germans.
The organisation said 273 Britons had killed themselves with its help in its first 16 years, compared to 920 Germans and 194 French.
Dignitas was founded in 1998 to help people with terminal and incurable illnesses to kill themselves in Switzerland, where assisted suicide is permitted in specific circumstances.
'Patients' must prove they are of sound judgment and be able to administer a lethal dose of a drug themselves.
In 2010 the organisation's fees were said to be almost £3,200 for preparations and the assisted suicide, rising to more than £6,500 for those wanting funerals, medical costs and other fees covered.
My 100 pishboilers were not intended to be terribly serious, so I leave you with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BtquTKw78

I know a few friends who will enjoy that.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: The idea they could prosecute you for killing yourself always struck me as a far from logical law. You might as well sue God for an act of God, cause the insurance companies won't pay out, however in suing God please understand that in the unlikely event that you succeed in obtaining judgment in your favour, it will be a pyrrhic victory for God is even worse than insurance companies, much to his discredit.
Yes but they could prosecute you if you had a failed suicide attempt. Imagine how disgusting that is. Somebody is suffering so badly in this life that they only see one way out and when that fails they could be prosecuted, jailed perhaps. Sick but at least we have moved beyond such barbaric "justice". Now we just need to move another step. Small steps is always how we go for the human species is overwhelmingly reluctant to change. Bombardment works but I'd rather leave that to the unscrupulous, dangerous and evil while banking on us moving naturally , with some necessary prompting, as we can.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
It seems only right that everybody should be afforded the choice of dying with dignity at a time and place of their own choosing surrounded by people that care for them, just as Rum can choose to go down the Scouse pathway. Probably not for me but I wouldn't deny him the opportunity.
I don't have an issue with the pathway. It happens here for cancer patients.

Now while I'd be against the obvious deliberate killing of folk without their consent, even as an aim to ease their pain I'm all for that easing of pain in the last few hours or days and let nature takes its course. There is a fine line as I know but having witnessed this, with my aunt and others, I don't have any issue. Everyone knows that technically the death is accelerated and that the action could be argued as killing but nobody has ever raised it. The reason being because the majority of us don't want to see anybody suffer longer than is necessary, even if we really don't want them to be gone. Thankfully we are, most of us anyway, not selfish enough to put our own desires ahead of those of a dying person.

Friend of mine got cancer last year. He was only 50. He was told it was incurable, inoperable and decided he didn't want any treatment. Died after a couple of months. My uncle had the same a few years ago and decided to take on the treatment and he lived for 2 years but much of that in pain and many months where he could no longer walk. No issue as it is a choice whether you want short term pain and death or long term pain and death. If the choice of not having treatment was not available I'd be outraged as it would mean the state forces extra torture and suffering on its citizens. That is what it does when it denies to right to assisted suicide and it is outrageous IMO.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy my old man sound as bell mentally but physically failing due strokes and mini stokes immobile and having to be fed just decided to stop eating . The nursing home advised us to accept his decision and they would ensure he got water as necessary died within the week .

Basic answer is where there is a will there is a way

Now was it suicide or assisted or the Liverpool pathway ?

The family could have insisted he be force fed and that decision would have been respected by the nursing home !

How is fine by me as long as there is no guilt imposed on the relatives .

I knew a couple of people who died of drug overdoses and committed suicide and the guilt felt by the family members

It always starts with the phrase " what if "

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy my old man sound as bell mentally but physically failing due strokes and mini stokes immobile and having to be fed just decided to stop eating . The nursing home advised us to accept his decision and they would ensure he got water as necessary died within the week .

Basic answer is where there is a will there is a way

Now was it suicide or assisted or the Liverpool pathway ?

The family could have insisted he be force fed and that decision would have been respected by the nursing home !

How is fine by me as long as there is no guilt imposed on the relatives .

I knew a couple of people who died of drug overdoses and committed suicide and the guilt felt by the family members

It always starts with the phrase " what if "

In which case Rumn you should be easily convinced that a planned suicide at Dignitas resolves everything for everyone..
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Given my fathers health and quality of life was it suicide ?

In many ways yes

Was it assisted . Not in any physical or medical sense and that is the difference .