USA Presidential Primaries 2016 - its all here.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: USA Presidential Primaries 2016 - its all here.

Post by big mervyn »

mea97mb wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
namron wrote:What I like about Drumpf is the sheer honesty and non PC stance. He just says what a lot of white Americans actually think. It really is a crazy country and one of which I would not choose to abide.
In many ways, it's not dissimilar to Norn Iron.
Yeah in the same way that our politicians also display sheer honesty about their past. :duck:
I was talking about the crazy bit :lol:

The pervading theocracy, the homophobia (gay President or 1st Minister anyone?) The fact that politicians feel free to articulate views that would not be tolerated in a more civilised society. The positive revelling in shytkicking, backward thinking idiocy.

It's not hard to see where many of them came from.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

big mervyn wrote:
mea97mb wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
namron wrote:What I like about Drumpf is the sheer honesty and non PC stance. He just says what a lot of white Americans actually think. It really is a crazy country and one of which I would not choose to abide.
Yeah in the same way that our politicians also display sheer honesty about their past. :duck:

The pervading theocracy, the homophobia (gay President or 1st Minister anyone?) The fact that politicians feel free to articulate views that would not be tolerated in a more civilised society. The positive revelling in shytkicking, backward thinking idiocy.

It's wonderful that We can self deprecate. Americans can't. Northern Ireland for all its faults is still light years ahead of the USA in terms of welfare state and NHS.I am not to gone on Monsanto Hillary either who somehow seems to escape the bile of this forum .
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I think we might start up a separate thread on Hilary for a bit of gossip - first link - https://www.mrconservative.com/2014/10/ ... s-exposed/
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

:lol: trust you to get under the "political lesbians' narrative. Very naughty, much like Sammy Wilson caught with his pants down giving it large to Rhonda P.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Couldn't agree .................less, Norm, I think he is a wonderful ham actor, I don't believe all that much of what he says is quite what he believes.

He has enjoyed his Alan Sugar role on TV and I am utterly convinced he started this as a merry jape with no great expectation of success and indeed I'm not altogether convinced he actually wants the job. I believe him to be on the horns of a dilemma, how to get out of this with the remotest grace ..........admittedly not his strong suit.

I suspect he has begun appealing more and more to the lost common redneck in an effort to be sidelined, he has too many other plates in the air & they ain't gonna spin themselves y'all. He may finally have to declare himself a communist to get these po'white trash to start a'hatin' instead of a'votin'.

He makes Palin and the richard craniums in the T Party look moderate, he is a racist, a misogynist, a loudmouthed tramp who would not "Make America Great Again" but make America an isolated laughing stock.

America is a remarkable country, some money & a neck of the finest brass will take you a long way .............. even if you have to tac like a yacht into the wind when things don't go as you'd planned. Ask Obama.

Speaking of whom, if ever proof were needed that the President is not the all powerful man they'd like you to believe, he proves it. I don't doubt his very good intentions in many respects but when the power in the two houses turns, he finds himself blocked & obstructed at every cut & turn, unable to bring anything major to the table, it's all shot through just because so many republicans wouldn't vote for his measures even if they agreed with them.

I yet retain hope that a country I like in so many ways, isn't about to be this dumb.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Don't you mean that dumb again after they voted in Bush jnr and Reagan?
Now that is proper dumb.
Just for the record Bagster, Sugar did the Trump apprentice thing and not the other way round.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

namron wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
mea97mb wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

It's wonderful that We can self deprecate. Americans can't. Northern Ireland for all its faults is still light years ahead of the USA in terms of welfare state and NHS.I am not to gone on Monsanto Hillary either who somehow seems to escape the bile of this forum .
Norm, you are quite at liberty to detest Hilary's guts but I will simply say this. For whatever faults they had and have, the Clintons both took a significant interest in our wee country when many of "our own" politicians in Westminster couldn't care less as long as it didn't spill over to the mainland.

When Reggie Maudling (the ballix) talked of an acceptable level of violence and everyone from Thatcher right up to Blair had bigger fish to fry, I am convinced that the Clintons both made some sort of difference here by influencing affairs and providing a stimulus through the likes of George Mitchell, keeping Blair's mind on the job.

The peace, such as it is, may have happened without the Clinton's, but I believe they had genuine interest and input especially when compared to those who came before and after them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Don't you mean that dumb again after they voted in Bush jnr and Reagan?
Now that is proper dumb.
Just for the record Bagster, Sugar did the Trump apprentice thing and not the other way round.
I know that, that order is simply irrelevant, that is not the matter at debate. >EW
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

So Donald doesn't want the Presedentcy ? A man with that sort Ego of would want the top job no question.
As for hating Hillarys guts ? Well I am not particularly endeared to her.
She has some dubious backers/employers to whom I am very opposed .Monsanto is an evil and dangerous organisation destroying the rights of farmers worldwide.
She is a Liar of the highest magnitude.
Benghazi ....
She sees all the poor unfortunates that husband harassed and manhandled as trash.
She can receive up to 200k for a public appearance
She went to Trumps wedding
She didn't buy a present.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

namron wrote:As for hating Hillarys guts ? Well I am not particularly endeared to her.
She has some dubious backers/employers to whom I am very opposed .Monsanto is an evil and dangerous organisation destroying the rights of farmers worldwide.
There is a lot of anti Monsanto propaganda spread by the organic and other environmental groups who stupidly did not realise the huge benefit it could have been to them in producing food which is less dependant on pesticides and fertilizers, eg blight resistant spuds instead of drenching them with either modern fungicides or in the case of organic ones they use copper sulphate because it is a natural product; Uranium and Polonium are natural products as well but not great if you try and digest them either :shock:
Monsanto has not destroyed rights to any farmers, if you don't want to use their seed then don't use it, if you do then you pay for the technology it is no different to any other product.
The same people who say Monsanto produces "Frankenstein" foods are happy to use mutation breeding as a method for getting new varieties, now that really is a "Frankinstein" type of food, check out the Wiki page on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation_breeding.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Rooster wrote:
namron wrote:As for hating Hillarys guts ? Well I am not particularly endeared to her.
There is a lot of anti Monsanto propaganda spread by the organic and other environmental groups who stupidly did not realise the huge benefit it could have been to them in producing food which is less dependant on pesticides and fertilizers, eg blight resistant spuds instead of drenching them with either modern fungicides or in the case of organic ones they use copper sulphate because it is a natural product; Uranium and Polonium are natural products as well but not great if you try and digest them either :shock:
Monsanto has not destroyed rights to any farmers, if you don't want to use their seed then don't use it, if you do then you pay for the technology it is no different to any other product.
The same people who say Monsanto produces "Frankenstein" foods are happy to use mutation breeding as a method for getting new varieties, now that really is a "Frankinstein" type of food, check out the Wiki page on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutation_breeding.
You can lead a horse to water........
I have researched this company and it's dealings extensively. I stand by my opinions
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

namron wrote:
Rooster wrote:
You can lead a horse to water........
I have researched this company and it's dealings extensively. I stand by my opinions
Whatever you think namron but there are far worse companies in the world distorting trade and progress in many countries.
As far as agriculture goes the big 6, BASF, Bayer, Dupont, Dow Chemical Company, Monsanto, and Syngenta more or less control world agricultural plant production, with the exception of China and feck knows what the Chinese are doing behind closed doors, last I heard they were messing with human embryos.

Interesting fact, plants can be genetically modified and if the breeder did not notify the authorities what was modified it could not be traced or discovered by DNA analysis.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Last nights Channel 4 programme was a bit of a giggle. Useful link -- http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... /on-demand

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Last nights Channel 4 programme was a bit of a giggle. Useful link -- http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... /on-demand
It was funnier than that. The GOP grandees are in a serious twist and they're not dying about Ted Cruz either. It's unprecedented times and it's going to be entertaining.
The one ace card they hold is that they can change the rules of the convention.