Cameron, the new Blair

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Cameron, the new Blair

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:The aforementioned Max Hastings tells me that USA have flown more than 57000 missions in Syria .........
Eamonn Holmes this morning:

The RAF targeted an oilfield that had already been extensively bombed by America and France. Was there anything left to hit?
They could always hit Eamonn Holmes - even Corbyn would support that.

But seriously, it wasn't important what the target was, just where it was. A couple of miles over the Iraqi border simply emphasises the point that it's business as usual for the RAF despite the media circus around the politicians.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:They could always hit Eamonn Holmes -
Small P could always hit him ffs!.

Some of the Labour defectors are getting a bit precious because of "threats" to deselect them. Is that not what a constituency is supposed to do when they fundamentally disagree their elected representative. :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bazzaj wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I am pacifist, but there is a time and a place to fight and I do believe Syria is the time and the place now.
pacifist definition- someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes
Are you definitely sure you are a pacifist Grumps rather than someone who might be considered not a pacifist at all, due to thinking that there is actually a time and a place to fight?
Very good - I meant to come back sooner to see who would pull me on that but have only got back to the forum now and had to check back to see who bit. Thought it would have been someone else. :(

I might be considered a "Shut up or I'll pacifist thru yer face" type of pacifist ...... or not!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:I wonder how many Labour defectors actually believe that it's the right thing to do and how many are using the vote to undermine Corbyn?
It is hard to understand how Corbyn doesn't undermine himself by his stance in the past about the IRA. I find it hard to trust any politician who apparently changes his stance according to his own particular circumstances.

Of course it could just be the British forces he objects to :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Once a Knight wrote:

And as you know, I was against the Iraq adventure as well. I think we actually agree but from different points. My indication of no moral qualms is your morality being redundant in a decision about war.
Absolutely and of course I wasn't trying to suggest you were at tea with Tony in relation to Iraq. :D

Fair enough on the second point.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Can't understand why the Labour supporters are in such a fuss this time when it is actually a more dangerous situation than when they were backing Tony sleezebag Blair when he was using false information to join a scrap in Iraq against advice from some of the military leaders who thought it was false information.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

the sooner the Russians target the car park for oil trucks delivering to Turkey the better...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deutchland have entered the fray today and interestingly are urging the Saudis to join the Coalition of Grace against the Ultimate Axis of Evil.

Interesting to see the Saudis fighting the side they are financing.

G'wan the Huns.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:the sooner the Russians target the car park for oil trucks delivering to Turkey the better...
Looks like the UK and Russia have decided this is their job

Makes one wonder what the Americans have been bombing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:the sooner the Russians target the car park for oil trucks delivering to Turkey the better...

I'd imagine they have mainly been bombing areas surrounding their intended targets.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote: Makes one wonder what the Americans have been bombing
in fairness, Syria is perfect for them. There are no friendly forces in the area.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They have to get through the 600 billion dollar budget somehow. Indiscriminately Bombing vast swathes of desert will get the job done in terms of being rid of replaceable ordinance and get even more money next year.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

the Merikans do like to play with their toys from time to time and use them in a combat zone. Keeps the skills of the gamers in the US up and lets them think about designing some new toys to play with.

Come on Russia lets bomb those car parks and really shake things up, but of course firing a missile at a wannabe European member may be a step too far even for them. Europe doesn't have the balls to face up to the fact that much of the oil is going into Turkey although the revenue to support ISIL has been shifting into other areas already to negate when the west finally does tackle the oil flow if at all. Too many people making too much money.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

the Merikans do like to play with their toys from time to time and use them in a combat zone. Keeps the skills of the gamers in the US up and lets them think about designing some new toys to play with.

Come on Russia lets bomb those car parks and really shake things up, but of course firing a missile at a wannabe European member may be a step too far even for them. Europe doesn't have the balls to face up to the fact that much of the oil is going into Turkey although the revenue to support ISIL has been shifting into other areas already to negate when the west finally does tackle the oil flow if at all. Too many people making too much money.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:

Do the Americans actually know what they have been bombing? Probably took out a camel and 3 date palms with 50 tonnes of high explosive
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Any one else think that the latest shooting in America is a bit strange? Thought it weird that it escalated pretty quickly from an employee in a strop to a full blown ISIS attack evidence being "found" in a flat that was subsequently opened up to the press after being cleared out by the Fed's but looking like a normal house and things actually arranged to suit a story.
Now anyone who has seen a raid by a burgler, HMRC or the PSNI would instantly realise that the house in question was not searched at all, no trace of forensic examination whatsoever in that house.
Rory Best