Congratulations .............. I suppose.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Congratulations .............. I suppose.

Post by BR »

I wonder would those doing good work in the community prefer an MBE or one of those awards from UTV*?

*other broadcasters are available and have been known to churn out cheap TV programming under the guise of a gala awards dinner.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I wonder would those doing good work in the community prefer an MBE or one of those awards from UTV*?

*other broadcasters are available and have been known to churn out cheap TV programming under the guise of a gala awards dinner.

Somebody has to keep failed comedians employed. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Could they not just bring back celebrity squares?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote: I don't think you can see past the honours system. I've already stated I would outlaw it. As said I wasn't corrected on anything.

Why do you think recognition has to come from the state, its Govt or its monarch. I very clearly don't, Snipe does, he corrected your sound post and you swallowed it. Simple as that. I certainly never suggested I do. I feckin' know that, keep up.
Up yer 'arris you langball. Step away from the emotion sometimes. You'll find it helps. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You two should get married. I believe that is permissible now in the enlightened South :duck: . The level of hostility suggests you would make a go of it. :thumleft: :thumleft:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You two should get married. I believe that is permissible now in the enlightened South :duck: . The level of hostility suggests you would make a go of it. :thumleft: :thumleft:
Even if I was that way inclined he'd be too much of a biaaatchhhh for me Snipe. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Celebrity Charity is asking your mates to work for nothing to get the public to part with their money

And then claim "you " have raised / given the money to charity .
The fact is the one who has actual given the money is the one who has given to charity .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Even if I was that way inclined he'd be too much of a biaaatchhhh for me Snipe. :D
You should be so lucky
Lucky lucky lucky.

As fer you Snipe, 'way and ride yer hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To both of you, if you'd just listened to my good sense we could have avoided pages of ballix. Never a good idea the honours system, not when it was only for the higher echelons, not now when they try to sanitise it by having the odd decent person as well as celebrities & "worthies" who are only doing their feckin' jobs. Pure bullshite.

Ould Kaiser Wilhelm was a knight of the Garter, Emperor Hirohito was too, the despicable Nicolae Ceauşescu was an Hon.Sir.

Poor Ould Roger Casement was a type of Sir, then they executed him. :roll: Robert Fecking Mugabe was a CBE. :duh:

Then of course you had Lester Piggott, formerly L PIggott OBE, the well known tax evader who was jailed, pity that ballix Barlow wasn't jailed for doing the same ...............but then he campaigned for the Tories. As for Lester, harshly treated by todays standards ............still he almost got Ken Dodd for Christmas in a similar rap.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

Thanks, this gives me some consolation. Over the past 2 years almost every person I have fought with has been honoured by the queen. I am beginning to think the unthinkable that I may have been on the wrong side of all my arguments.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:Thanks, this gives me some consolation. Over the past 2 years almost every person I have fought with has been honoured by the queen. I am beginning to think the unthinkable that I may have been on the wrong side of all my arguments.
No you haven't.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
You should be so lucky
Lucky lucky lucky.
If you were Kylie I'd probably consider slipping one in. :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:Thanks, this gives me some consolation. Over the past 2 years almost every person I have fought with has been honoured by the queen. I am beginning to think the unthinkable that I may have been on the wrong side of all my arguments.
You're a chube for fighting
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Nah Brian you aren't, sometimes people just need a good skelp on the point of the chin, for it makes them better people if they can come to a greater understanding of life when, as the whackee, they can understand the actions of the whackor were entirely in tune with what the universe required to retain its equilibrium. :lol:

If your "fights" have been of the verbal variety, well look at it this way, chubes aren't going to chastise themselves, somebody has to help them out. >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You should be so lucky
Lucky lucky lucky.
If I were Kylie, I might even let you big boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You should be so lucky
Lucky lucky lucky.
If I were Kylie, I might even let you big boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, half a dozen pints and some "sympathetic lighting" and he'll never notice the difference :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:
There was some boxing match on there recently and I understand the two fighters got millions of dollars for their efforts. I'd suggest the chubes in this case were the ones who availed of the pay per view or those who paid to attend. You could see a fight for free any Saturday night in many cities and towns across the UK and Ireland.