FaceBook

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

FaceBook

Post by Kofi Annan »

What da fook is the matter with the morons who post there some of the shît is mad.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FaceBook

Post by Russ »

Which one?

Chubes post on official and ursc
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Which one?

Chubes post on official and ursc
Both
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bakebook is populated by chubes, can't speak about twatter, I don't twatt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I draw a parallel between the accessibility of Bakebook and the accessibility of Ulster (rugby). You no longer need to know how the league works in order to loudly express an opinion on whether we're going to win or not. You no longer need to understand the ruck laws in order to buy a ticket to Ravenhill. I may write a thesis on it some day, if I ever get time between answering people's questions on TV coverage.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

They only ever seem concerned about what channel the game is on and then start tearing into each other when Ulster lose, it's a geg.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I confess to having a Bakebook page, I regard it as a necessary evil to give minor relatives & a few far flung friends and acquaintances the opportunity to communicate with me without taking up my valuable time with mundane phone calls & suchlike.

That said, it is no place for rugby discussion, I put it on a par with Scaaaaaaaaaaalet Fans.

I would regard "liking" Ulster Rugby on Bakebook as on an even footing to liking the Brownies. A tosser's paradise for the intellectually stunted and I believe moderated in similar fashion.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

BR wrote:I draw a parallel between the accessibility of Bakebook and the accessibility of Ulster (rugby). You no longer need to know how the league works in order to loudly express an opinion on whether we're going to win or not. You no longer need to understand the ruck laws in order to buy a ticket to Ravenhill. I may write a thesis on it some day, ....
Will it be on TV?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

The comments on the official Ulster Facebook page is hilarious even when they win. Chubes, I'm sure channel 4 will do a documentary on them soon. Clive will be on it.