Joe Barakat !

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Joe Barakat !

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If as appears likely Burt Bachache is Les Kiss's man then I think I'll wait and see. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Last I heard was he was to be here for start of July, so possibly already here ....... or not
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wasn't at Ravenhill monday but neither was Pip
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Will be the most influential coaching signing in years. Fact.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

He put in a good interview on youtube

Knew the nicknames already

Here to coach the collision zone
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Hard to pick holes in what he says. Admittedly talk is cheap as the kiwi swim coach proved, but if he deliver what he says, he'll do for me. As always, I'll wait until Christmas before calling for either his head or for a generous contract extension. I like that he calls a spade a spade, last season was not good enough.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Kofi Annan wrote:Will be the most influential coaching signing in years. Fact.
Is that good or bad Kofi?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

He's no Steve Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Hard to pick holes in what he says. Admittedly talk is cheap as the kiwi swim coach proved, but if he deliver what he says, he'll do for me. As always, I'll wait until Christmas before calling for either his head or for a generous contract extension. I like that he calls a spade a spade, last season was not good enough.
It got closer than it deserved but really .......... not even close to good enough. Dreadful dreary performances with the odd spark thrown here and there. I say with fear of little or no contradiction, a good 70-80% of the performances were less than acceptable, results notwithstanding, for there are so many "gimmes" in this league.

I hope none are dumb enough to think, we played Weegies off the pitch but fecked it up.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Doak out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

With Lesbian Kiss, Burt Backache, Okey Dokey & the Poisoned Dwarf Ulster may have the best coaching team in .......... Ulster. :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:With Lesbian Kiss, Burt Backache, Okey Dokey & the Poisoned Dwarf Ulster may have the best coaching team in .......... Ulster. :red:
Armagh have
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

BaggyTrousers wrote:It got closer than it deserved but really .......... not even close to good enough. Dreadful dreary performances with the odd spark thrown here and there. I say with fear of little or no contradiction, a good 70-80% of the performances were less than acceptable, results notwithstanding, for there are so many "gimmes" in this league.

I hope none are dumb enough to think, we played Weegies off the pitch but fecked it up.
This was a bizarre feeling I had after the Munster game - that Ulster could have been so grim and turgid all season and yet still had a mathematical chance of a home semi-final... It was the first time I had properly felt that the Pro12's detractors might have a point. Had Ulster finished the job during Scotstoun II, it would really only have proven the point. Ulster could have won the whole thing on the back of producing only two decent performances against Glasgow throughout the entire season...

That said, I am reasonably optimistic about next season - in part because of some hope about what the new management structure and a proper pre-season planning without disruption will bring and in part because I just can't see how Ulster can produce worse...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Strangely feel the opposite about the incoming season, for the reason that the pre season wont be disrupted. We'll have half the IQ players away with the Irish squad for varying lengths of time. The supposedly incoming Director of Rugby is not showing up until about Christmas and we've not recruited in the right areas.