The Big Gay Cake

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Big Gay Cake

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

But sir, will you defend my right to remind folk that this Saturday at half time in the All Blacks v Lions game we should, Lest We Forget, get out of our armchairs and stand/wobble for a minutes silence to remember that it will be DAY 3815 ? Wrong thread?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SHUT UP MIKE! :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Most pressingly - if rum was offered the chance to throw one up his wife's sewerpipe, would he do it? Or is this perversion?
It's the hope that kills you.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Most pressingly - if rum was offered the chance to throw one up his wife's sewerpipe, would he do it? Or is this perversion?
This may need a thread of it's own.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Any cakes for sale in the supreme court?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Dave wrote:I view this as an over the top response to an over the top response. Why doesn't someone make them a bloody cake and move the feck on! I hate that stuff like this makes the news, and feckin curry my yoghurt, meanwhile the ravaging cuts proposed for the health service are attributed very few feckage.

I understand that there isn't much appetite to discuss anything to do with religion on this board. As Snipe says, we won't reach a consensus, not that that is a reason not to debate something. The problem is, having been on differing sides on the religion debate, that neither side can prove/disprove the premise, i.e. belief in a supernatural God, who is invisible and has no physical presence or at least displays none. That remains completely untestable.

Refusing to make someone a cake on basis that the message on it goes against their religious views is absurd, in my opinion. The biblical argument against same sex relationships is fairly weak, with many starting to believe it be an erroneous interpretation of the scripture. Many of course remain faithful to the teachings of Jesus, he was an outstanding Rabbi, he is reported to have made multiple references to not judging others. So even if you believe something to be wrong or sinful, judging them is not permitted, so Christians should in my view, allow people to live their own lives on their own terms and no one should be subjected to the emotional guilt ridden diatribe that is commonplace in this part of the World.
I'd be right with you Dave if I didn't suspect the person ordering the gay cake wasn't deliberately setting out to antagonise.
Those types I have no time for.
Its a bit like if a Christian went into a Muslim bakers and ordered a twin towers memorial cake.
Only then most people no doubt would be on the side of the cake makers.
I'm sure that points been made to death in the 62 previous pages of this thread that I can't be bothered reading.

Quite right on one count though Dave, if I'm discussing the principles of imaginary Muslim cake making scenarios on a rugby web site I've way too much time on my hands.

Anyway for those who still give a feck here's what renown Gay activist Peter Tatchell thinks
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 9H&ampcf=1
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Dave wrote:I view this as an over the top response to an over the top response. Why doesn't someone make them a bloody cake and move the feck on! I hate that stuff like this makes the news, and feckin curry my yoghurt, meanwhile the ravaging cuts proposed for the health service are attributed very few feckage.

I understand that there isn't much appetite to discuss anything to do with religion on this board. As Snipe says, we won't reach a consensus, not that that is a reason not to debate something. The problem is, having been on differing sides on the religion debate, that neither side can prove/disprove the premise, i.e. belief in a supernatural God, who is invisible and has no physical presence or at least displays none. That remains completely untestable.

Refusing to make someone a cake on basis that the message on it goes against their religious views is absurd, in my opinion. The biblical argument against same sex relationships is fairly weak, with many starting to believe it be an erroneous interpretation of the scripture. Many of course remain faithful to the teachings of Jesus, he was an outstanding Rabbi, he is reported to have made multiple references to not judging others. So even if you believe something to be wrong or sinful, judging them is not permitted, so Christians should in my view, allow people to live their own lives on their own terms and no one should be subjected to the emotional guilt ridden diatribe that is commonplace in this part of the World.
I'd be right with you Dave if I didn't suspect the person ordering the gay cake wasn't deliberately setting out to antagonise.
Its a bit like if a Christian went into a Muslim bakers and ordered a twin towers memorial cake.
I'm sure that points been made to death in the 62 previous pages of this thread that I can't be bothered reading.

Quite right on one count though Dave, if I'm discussing the principles of imaginary Muslim cake making scenarios on a rugby web site I've way too much time on my hands.

Anyway for those who still give a feck here's what renown Gay activist Peter Tatchell thinks
Not sure Liz, apparently the chap in question was a regular customer.

Anyway, they just refused to put 'top shagger' on a cake for me so I'm off to KRW to tear them a new a-hole.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Someone on reddit has claimed she is fit
Anyone got a pic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Someone on reddit has claimed she is fit
Anyone got a pic?

Who?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Anyone got a pic?

Who?
Cake wench

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Anyone got a pic?

Who?
Cake wench

Bet he is incel though.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Dave wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:

Not sure Liz, apparently the chap in question was a regular customer.

Anyway, they just refused to put 'top shagger' on a cake for me so I'm off to KRW to tear them a new a-hole.
Fair dos Dave but I initally thought the gay marriage cake would be a normal wedding cake and put two geezers on top which I thought was a fuss about nothing.
However on viewing the actual cake to be made I found it was far more inflammatory and he must have known it would antagonise particularly if he was a regular and knew the position it would put the bakers in.

Or I could have this entirely wrong and he isn't the sort of person who seems to be loving the attention and gloating in the aftermath having put a regular family just wanting to get on with their lives through a living hell.
No one would do that though would they?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Anyone got a pic?

Who?
Cake wench

Very pregnant looking at present
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Anyone got a pic?

Who?