The Big Gay Cake

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Big Gay Cake

Post by rumncoke »

The guy went in to offend and be "offended " in the hope of compensation -a chancer --

would you go into a Sein Fein office and ask them to print Unionist leaflets

Ashers views etc were never an unknown factor .

if you want to speak to God pray

If you want to meet Him

text while driving

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Shame on the so called Equality Commision. This case was not about equality , it was by militant gay activists copying what others had done in US to something to giggle over a latte.

Stupid waste of money and the people supporting this should be ashamed
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

rumncoke wrote:The guy went in to offend and be "offended " in the hope of compensation -a chancer --

would you go into a Sein Fein office and ask them to print Unionist leaflets

Ashers views etc were never an unknown factor .

if you want to speak to God pray

If you want to meet Him

text while driving

Wrong rum. The guy went in expecting to have his order either refused or rejected in order to provide an opportunity to bring a court case to provoke debate and potentially clarify the law. I suspect he wanted to humiliate Ashers a bit too. But I don't think this was ever about getting personal enrichment.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

The Big Gay Cake

Post by rumncoke »

naive

to old to accept that bullsh

That was Michael Wardlows motivation not the motivation of the guy who ordered the cake .

If it was his motivation then the - "pain and suffering " which he claimed to have experienced is a sham .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:Ah well just saw the cost of the case, just short of half a million add on the same again for the duff rape case and that's a million this year that could have been far better spent with a bit of forethought and common sense.
Then there are multiple inquiries of various types and the legal funding of this wee corner of the world must be approaching the GDP of a small nation.
The man with the biggest mandate in UK political history is trying to cut funding to the equality commission to stop them wasting it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Seems sensible
Not refused service because he was gay (how were Ashers to know?)
Decided not to make the cake once they realised the message they were effectively being asked to endorse was not one they agreed with

That is a monstrously stupid post, Toryboy. Imagine that instead of being a financial charlatan, you ran a printing business. I come in as the purveyor of fine coffee. I provide you with the following script: Cafe Baggy, home of the best coffee in town.

Now think carefully, by printing this for me to distribute are you endorsing my cafe? Are you in any way suggesting that you, a mere sweaty print-stained order boy, really advising the world that Cafe Baggy supplies the best coffee in town?

Of course not you silly Toryboy. That has been the most absurd of all arguments in this whole nonsense, notwithstanding it has been put forward by people as equally absurd as yourself.

Have I mentioned I hope Ashers proprietors die soon?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Interesting judgement. The CHR trumps FETO.

So I can't be compelled to end my bakebook postings with #SUFTUM.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Decided not to make the cake once they realised the message they were effectively being asked to endorse was not one they agreed with

That is a monstrously stupid post, Toryboy. Imagine that instead of being a financial charlatan, you ran a printing business. I come in as the purveyor of fine coffee. I provide you with the following script: Cafe Baggy, home of the best coffee in town.

Now think carefully, by printing this for me to distribute are you endorsing my cafe? Are you in any way suggesting that you, a mere sweaty print-stained order boy, really advising the world that Cafe Baggy supplies the best coffee in town?

Of course not you silly Toryboy. That has been the most absurd of all arguments in this whole nonsense, notwithstanding it has been put forward by people as equally absurd as yourself.

If I didn't agree with how you sourced coffee then I'd be within my rights to not print the posters

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

The perceived endorsing of your coffee is not the issue, Baggy. If Russ's conscience dictates that Clements' coffee is better than yours, it is contrary to his human rights to compel him to state otherwise.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:

Totally agree with that result Russ, in a way it is similar to a bar refusing admission to a know trouble maker. Gay people going to Ashers have never been refused to be gay or even queried on their sexual orientation.

Wrong Rooster, they very much have.

Show me your evidence & I'll show you mine. >EW

I see the DUP piling in behind Ashers. Anyone who says that this was neither political nor discriminatory is a meatpuppet, including the Honorable Lady who announced the decision.

It's really rather simple, Ashers offer a service, they do not advertise that they may wish to make editorial decisions about what a punter wants on the product. I'd support them in not producing anything that is an affront to public decency, that is not the case here, this was an affront to their religious beliefs and as importantly their DUP political beliefs.

The ruling is utter bullshit, they refused to provide an advertised service on the simple grounds that they didn't like the message :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and their grounds for refusing are bogus bullshit, religion & political belief (which in Norn Iron are intertwined in many aspects).

I assume that in the normal course there would be an appeal to a higher court, however, the DUP have already begun an offensive on the Equality Commission, both Paisley & Foster that I've seen to date. I assume they are trying to make the commission nervous about their funding. Disgraceful, utterly disgraceful, political bullying of the office charged with supporting the equal rights of minorities to maintain them at the same level as the majority who are politically able to grant to themselves.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Wrong Rooster, they very much have.

Well it says so in the ruling.

Does that count as evidence?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

If I didn't agree with how you sourced coffee then I'd be within my rights to not print the posters

Don't be absurd Toryboy, how in fu'ck's name do you think you would have any idea where or how I sourced my product, more realistically if you tell me that as a printer you would investigate where a client gets their product I submit to you that you would quickly be an ex-printer looking for a job.

Or, here is another weird thought, you could concentrate on the issue put to you, to wit, printing the leaflet is in no way endorsing the product.

Nice attempted sidestep, didn't work.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:The CHR Trumps FETO.
Lets not bring Trump into this. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: Wrong Rooster, they very much have.

Well it says so in the ruling.

Does that count as evidence?
Wait a minute, Rooster was quoted in the evidence? I know he gets involved in more than is good for him >EW , but he testified for Ashers? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Whoda thunk?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Don't be absurd Toryboy, how in fu'ck's name do you think you would have any idea where or how I sourced my product, more realistically if you tell me that as a printer you would investigate where a client gets their product I submit to you that you would quickly be an ex-printer looking for a job.

Or, here is another weird thought, you could concentrate on the issue put to you, to wit, printing the leaflet is in no way endorsing the product.

Nice attempted sidestep, didn't work.
Tories sadly made it a requirement to do sanctions, terrorist and political checks on people you do business with

It's going to hit some firms really hard very soon