Browner memorial: What you eatin' thread.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Browner memorial: What you eatin' thread.

Post by Dave »

Somewhere rotten like the Millwheel in Dungannon.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:I need a Chicken Maryland! The sort you used to get on a high tea menu in an old style hotel. Where would I get that? I'm thinking a golf club or somewhere may still do the real mccoy!
AJ's
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:I need a Chicken Maryland! The sort you used to get on a high tea menu in an old style hotel. Where would I get that? I'm thinking a golf club or somewhere may still do the real mccoy!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPho ... eland.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRev ... eland.html
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

What about the old mixed grill? - lamb and pork chop, gammon, small steak, sausage, tomato pineapple and crinkly chips. Bread and butter and a pot of tea with it of course.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

My arteries are hardening just reading that Merv.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The Skandia used to be a go-to for that classic high tea fare. Height of sophistication 40/50 years ago.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I may have to drive to Crossgar tomorrow
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:What about the old mixed grill? - lamb and pork chop, gammon, small steak, sausage, tomato pineapple and crinkly chips. Bread and butter and a pot of tea with it of course.
Had a great Andalucian Mixed Grill in August Merv, thon was a handling, nothing on the plate but meat and a token few slices of tomato & black puddin'.

I remember the Skandia, I also recall the first Wimpy Bar in Wellington Place, it was a formal sit down meal rather than a Micky D's type place. Thought it was such a treat.

When in London, my Da was partial to a visit to the Lyons Corner Houses in the West End, I recall with minor embarrassment, a stern man of military gait taking the family order when I'd have been around 10 in the mid sixties. He lost his composure when the young master thought he'd have bacon egg & chips, then given the fancy art-deco decor, thinking of going a little exotic and adding, "and could I have some French Fried potatoes as well". :lol:

I daresay he thought to himself: Le petit garçon se crois qu'il est Le Premier Moutardier du Pape. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I was in AJ's a few weeks ago, we were just getting gathered up to leave when a large family were shown to the table next to us. There was only three of them but they were a very large family. The young waitress was trying to dish out the menus when the ma of the family raised her right hand in the waitresses face and guldered - no need for them just bring three chicken marylands and a large pot of tay. I like a lady who knows what her men need :lol:

The Skandia I have recollection of, upstairs on the main st in Bangor. There was a branch in College Sq and one behind M&S in town right up until maybe 8 or 9 years ago. I may hazzard that there was even a sort of a Skandia in Ards shappin centre at a time. Bangor was a culinary treat back in the late 80's, for they had KFC and Nibblers as well; but it went downhill when they closed the sitin and just became Nibble :lol: Then Bangor hosted the first Pizza hut I recall in NI, which might well have coincided with the demise of the good old Skandia. The family what owned the Skandia now run the Acton restaurant under the Premier Inn at Brunswick Square (used to be Olios)
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Isabeals on Main St Bangor did a proper chicken burger back in the day. Sliced chicken breast with thousand island sauce.

Loved the Skandia.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Whaddabout Mickdaannalls?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Whaddabout Mickdaannalls?
If the troubles start up again they should be bombed out of existence. >threaten
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Mechanically recovered meat and chicken. Anyone feeding that to children should be shat in de ball1x. Their burger buns are so full of preservatives, they never grow mould. Some of those buns came from Egypt, with the Israelites .
M&S sell a poor facsimile of a chicken Maryland, in trays of four. The Skandia's kitchens would've turned the heart outta ye...truly boggin.
Make yer own. It's easy.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In a quiet hour tomorrow afternoon, I'll be making tempura batter and doing some courgettes & peppers.

Too healthy? :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Whaddabout Mickdaannalls?
If the troubles start up again they should be bombed out of existence. >threaten
I'd level the Victoria Centre. What a soulless shytehole.
Big Neville Southall