What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Russ »

Sangria and Sagres
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

222toHounslow wrote:Just broke out the Monkey 47. I was keeping it for when Ulster won some silverware but feck it, not in my lifetime.
Tried it's a few weeks ago, overhyped and not a patch on a lot of the other designer gins, bland and lacking any real unique flavour
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Redbreast 15 year old, nectar :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Just discovered Southern Comfort with some lime tonic.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:The new Guinness Rye Ale is a decent pint.
Was just coming on to say that Neil- you beat me to it. Full of flavour :thumleft:

Guinness Rye Pale Ale to give it its full name
Finally got around to trying this last night. Good initial flavour, but disappointing lack of aftertaste.

Nothing to make me choose it over the wide range of full-flavoured pale ales now on the market.

If the option is this or a lager, I may be tempted.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Talisker storm

S'alright.

I know some rave over it ......nat as good as a Bush of any variety.

Had a couple of Master McGrath's Red Ale the other night ..... NICE :thumleft:
The Mcgrath's range is excellent, there are one or two other individual beers which I may favour, but as a complete range, Mcgrath's have a consistency.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Very very little, indeed I have never imbibed less than in the last 6-9 months, not doing much for my mood.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Was just coming on to say that Neil- you beat me to it. Full of flavour :thumleft:

Finally got around to trying this last night. Good initial flavour, but disappointing lack of aftertaste.

Nothing to make me choose it over the wide range of full-flavoured pale ales now on the market.

Is the Guinness version available on draft or just bottles?

I'm sure it will sell some based purely on the brand, marketing clout and distribution of Guinness but as you say, not sure what would make it better than lots of other pale ales available today.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mikerob wrote:
BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

I'm sure it will sell some based purely on the brand, marketing clout and distribution of Guinness but as you say, not sure what would make it better than lots of other pale ales available today.
Only bottles afaik. It's the same range as the Dublin and Windies Porter. So I'm guessing time limited.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

uploadfromtaptalk1479737186795.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1479737186795.jpg (180.87 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Picked up a bottle of "Quiet Man" at the International Airport. 8 year old single malt. Bourbon casks. Bottled in Derry. Decent price and worked well from the flask (mixed with a dribble of water) at Bishop's Stortford v Esher last Saturday.
UlsterAddict
Novice

Post by UlsterAddict »

BR wrote:
mikerob wrote:
BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Only bottles afaik. It's the same range as the Dublin and Windies Porter. So I'm guessing time limited.
Have it on draft in both Laverys and The Pavillion - very nice too!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Pavillion rotate their draft selection from the Open Gate range every couple of months.

Should try the others (West Indian and Dublin Porters and the Milk Stout) - all v good.

Depending what part of the island you are in there will be variations in the range - had an ale while down in Galway which I have not seen up North. Not all of them are good to be fair, they tried to make a Wheat Beer - stick to the Stout/Porter.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Belfast Beer & Cider Festival on from today until Sunday in Ulster Hall. (CAMRA organised)

Great to see so many new, local craft breweries featuring. :stout: :stout: >burp
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

colind wrote:Belfast Beer & Cider Festival on from today until Sunday in Ulster Hall. (CAMRA organised)

Great to see so many new, local craft breweries featuring. :stout: :stout: >burp
Limited supply of each, once it’s gone etc. Went to it a few years ago on the Saturday, half of the products not available etc