What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cerveza de Espana moy bien: Estrella Galicia.

At the end of last year I found it in M&S in Bangor, but sadly when I went back for more, “out of stock” never to be seen again. Clearly the drinking folk of Bangor don’t know a good thing when they see it.

I’m hoping to find it on draught in my local within 5-6 weeks. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:Home last week and found Dundalgan Irish Country Cream in the fridge. Ended up taking it with me as my Dad doesnt like it. Much prefers Baileys but I have to say I prefer the Lidl stuff.
Mrs BM prefers the budget stuff too. €4.95 a bottle here. The alcohol dominates with Baileys.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lougha Peroni last night

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Cerveza de Espana moy bien: Estrella Galicia.

At the end of last year I found it in M&S in Bangor, but sadly when I went back for more, “out of stock” never to be seen again. Clearly the drinking folk of Bangor don’t know a good thing when they see it.

There's a lot of Spanish speciality and niche beers about these days. I like "1906 Reserva". A Spanish friend of my daughter's has started making craft beers in Malaga. Doing pretty well although he says he sells almost exclusively to the "more sophisticated" north of Spain.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Estrella available in draught form in a few Belfast city centre bars these days - can't remember which though. I think the Apartment might be one.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

pwrmoore wrote:

Estrella available in draught form in a few Belfast city centre bars these days - can't remember which though. I think the Apartment might be one.

That is Estrella Damm that we see in taps here, different companies and entirely unrelated AFAIK
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Probably brewed under licence anyway which means it has name and is roughly the same but not actually the same.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Home last week and found Dundalgan Irish Country Cream in the fridge. Ended up taking it with me as my Dad doesnt like it. Much prefers Baileys but I have to say I prefer the Lidl stuff.
Mrs BM prefers the budget stuff too. €4.95 a bottle here. The alcohol dominates with Baileys.
Agreed :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
If you drink it all at once remember to lock your phone away first, wouldn't want any WhatsApp accidents.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
If you drink it all at once remember to lock your phone away first, wouldn't want any WhatsApp accidents.
Just delete them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

ColinM wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

That is Estrella Damm that we see in taps here, different companies and entirely unrelated AFAIK
It's always a good day when you receive some education :salut:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Estrella Galicia available in Spanish Aldi - 10x 330ml for €6.49
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:

There's a lot of Spanish speciality and niche beers about these days. I like "1906 Reserva". A Spanish friend of my daughter's has started making craft beers in Malaga. Doing pretty well although he says he sells almost exclusively to the "more sophisticated" north of Spain.

I like the Alhambra Reserva from Granada, then again I’m biased in favour of most things Granada, going down in August for a couple of days, my 16th visit, should just move there.

Have you tried the 1906 Black courage, looks a bit of a baste at over 7 lbv.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Not enough
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:

Yes PWR, but it's probably Estrella Levante, there are as many Estrella beers as there are Estrellas in the night sky.