A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Gary »

Brexit 0 Democracy 1 :cheers:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:Brexit 0 Democracy 1 :cheers:
?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Rum
Tard
Applause
How did you get that past the censor

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I negotiated it in with the soft GAWA/Mexico border
Excellent Merv!!!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
?
The Government lost a vote tonight 309 to 305 so must insert an amendment to the BRexit bill that requires a vote in parliament BEFORE the final deal is signed and the crux is that parliament will be entitled to send the government back to renegotiate if Parliament votes down the final deal.

The Government wanted to have the final say on the deal, sign it and have Parliament rubber stamp it with no right to amend.

Fu'ck me but I love it when even the DUP can't see Mayhem to victory. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
?
The Government lost a vote tonight 309 to 305 so must insert an amendment to the BRexit bill that requires a vote in parliament BEFORE the final deal is signed and the crux is that parliament will be entitled to send the government back to renegotiate if Parliament votes down the final deal.

The Government wanted to have the final say on the deal, sign it and have Parliament rubber stamp it with no right to amend.

Fu'ck me but I love it when even the DUP can't see Mayhem to victory. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
?

Watched the debate live earlier
Normal people have yvette cooper and ken clarke to thank

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
?

Watched the debate live earlier
Normal people have yvette cooper and ken clarke to thank

2 smarter people than the present mob at the top.
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A rare away win
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ken Clarke has always been my favourite Tory, however, that is like saying something smells like my least appalling fart.

But for what it's worth, all these years he's been my favourite Tory largely because he is usually pretty considered and moderate, but most crucially because he has always been completely pro-Europe, the only intelligent stance in my opinion, irrespective of the genuine need for reform of the EU. I've said it before, if they had sent Dave the Pigfuc'ker home with anything but utterly empty-handed this whole farce would never have been perpetrated.

And besides, any politicians who become well known for his love of comfortable shoes - Hush Puppies - is ok with me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:A rare away win
... but no real prospect of staying in Europe. Quite the metaphor for Ulster.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:A rare away win
... but no real prospect of staying in Europe. Quite the metaphor for Ulster.
You are quite right Merv, but it does very slightly open the door for those whose ultimate aim is a second referendum if the terms are not far removed from the same payments for zero influence.

No real prospect and frankly I suspect those clinging on to hopes that "it may not happen" are fooling themselves.

On the bright side, it appears my healthcare requirements appear as if they will be safeguarded so I can save €300 a month by not needing to become self-employed.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Daily Mail front page is something else

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

so you do believe in democracy then ? Sooooo why wont you accept the positive vote for Brexit ?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
so you do believe in democracy then ? Sooooo why wont you accept the positive vote for Brexit ?
That is not the question posed by this, it is whether the deal concluded is good for the country in the eyes of the elected representatives of the people
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

The biggest unknown is how much longer Mayhem's DUP led government can last, 2019 feels a long way for them at the minute. In a related matter I drove across the M3 just yesterday morning and no signs of the York St interchange yet funny enough.