A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by namron »

Exactly Dave but they are not really negotiating anything except to preserve the status quo whilst trying to look tough and determined to do their best for Britain ..Tossers.They know exactly what they are at with their EU banker mates. They would sell Aunt Agatha for a fiver. That naughty boy Cameron really did throw a brown log in the Custard and after nearly losing Scotland you would have thought they may have pulled on his reins, but here we are LOl
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

namron wrote:Exactly Dave but they are not really negotiating anything except to preserve the status quo whilst trying to look tough and determined to do their best for Britain ..Tossers.They know exactly what they are at with their EU banker mates. They would sell Aunt Agatha for a fiver. That naughty boy Cameron really did throw a brown log in the Custard and after nearly losing Scotland you would have thought they may have pulled on his reins, but here we are LOl
Instead of saving £350 million a week it will probably end up costing £350 million a week to stay half in half out
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

That is the price Britain has to pay for allowing their dumb population to have a voice for once. British democracy is built on not giving the people any say except for the illusion created every general election. I suspect this is the last time Britain will allow the people to f-ck with British democracy.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:That is the price Britain has to pay for allowing their dumb population to have a voice for once. British democracy is built on not giving the people any say except for the illusion created every general election. I suspect this is the last time Britain will allow the people to f-ck with British democracy.
Britain: hold my beer
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Well Comrade Shanovich I seem to remember a certain Irish referendum in 2008 getting the treatment after the voters in the 26 counties voted against Lisbon. Irish democracy at work eh?
The £350 million was always going back to EU under the tories. They are the establishment just as the EU are the establishment. It may seem as if there is wrangling and arguing but this is a sham to appease the outraged/worried/baffled/perplexed/stupid.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

namron wrote:Well Comrade Shanovich I seem to remember a certain Irish referendum in 2008 getting the treatment after the voters in the 26 counties voted against Lisbon. Irish democracy at work eh?
The £350 million was always going back to EU under the tories. They are the establishment just as the EU are the establishment. It may seem as if there is wrangling and arguing but this is a sham to appease the outraged/worried/baffled/perplexed/stupid.
Suggest you google the word Democracy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, "'typically"" through elected representatives.

there you go Russ could you not be arsed ;)
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

namron wrote:a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, "'typically"" through elected representatives.

there you go Russ could you not be arsed ? ;)
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

namron wrote:Which version of Remain would you have liked?
I'm not sure I would have liked any version.

Although 'remain' at least suggested maintaining the status quo. Which was membership of the EU on arguably the most favourable terms of any member.

Given the choice between that and a random choice of a plethora of competing visions for a UK outside parts or all of the European community, proposed by people who were in no position to implement them; there was unfortunately only one way I could vote.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

namron wrote:a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, "'typically"" through elected representatives.

Good man

Dont forget the rest

a state governed under a system of democracy.

plural noun: democracies

"a multiparty democracy"

control of an organization or group by the majority of its members.

"the intended extension of industrial democracy"

the practice or principles of social equality.

"demands for greater democracy"

That last one is prettt crucial. Dont you think?

namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Demands for greater democracy or more government of the individual?
Democracy does nothing but maintain the existence of alienated power, since it requires that our desires be separate from our power to act, and any attempts to engage in that system will only serve to reproduce it. Democracies of any type make decisions via elections, the very essence of which transfers one’s will, thought, autonomy, and freedom to an outside power. It makes no difference whether one transfers that power to an elected representative or to an elusive majority. The point is that it’s no longer your own. Democracy has given it to the majority. You have been alienated from your capacity to determine the conditions of your existence in free cooperation with those around you.
"There is an important distinction here. Parties are political in their claim to represent the interests of others. This is a claim to alienated power, because when someone takes power with a claim to represent me, I am separated from my own freedom to act. Any time someone claims to represent you or to be your liberatory force, that should be a definite red flag.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Certainly better than 52% of 72% of the whole population.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:

Certainly better than 52% of 72% of the whole population.
Merv there's no talking to the hardliners

They're so set in their ways they could be bots

namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

I would blame the Russians, misinformation, the weather, Corbyn, Coronation street, the exit polls, my Aunt nanny ,her Dog and in no particular order.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?