A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In another momentous week for the 17th-century backwoodsmen & weemin of the DUP, they show no signs whatsoever of understanding the modern world.

They are asking for an apology from the BBC for the content of a comedians "act".

I happened to see it, didn't find it overly funny.......... but here, let the BT explain:
The BBC is coming under pressure to apologise to Arlene Foster for broadcasting a TV show in which a Scottish comedian said the former First Minister looked like "a butch lesbian masquerading as a straight woman in charge of the DUP".

Fern Brady also lashed out at the party as "the most homophobic in the UK".

Her other targets included actor Liam Neeson and Belfast city, where she has appeared in several live shows and also on the BBC's Blame Game programme.

Brady's broadside at the DUP came on Live From The BBC on Wednesday night as she recalled a conversation with a Belfast taxi driver who'd joked with her that all Northern Ireland women were comedians.

Brady said she told him: "I know mate. My favourite one is the character actor you have here who looks like a butch lesbian masquerading as a straight woman in charge of the DUP, the most homophobic political party in the UK."

She told her audience: "If you don't know them, the DUP are a mad Northern Irish party.

"They don't have gay marriage in Northern Ireland and what I love is when these homophobes have to make up these fictional, pretend reasons to justify their homophobia because you can never say the real reason why you're homophobic, which is: 'I really want to try gay sex'.

"All homophobes are gay in the end; it's just a waiting game.

"So instead you do what the DUP do and you make up these pretend reasons like: 'We can't have gay marriage in Northern Ireland because it would ruin the definition of traditional marriage'."

Sources close to the DUP said the BBC's decision to broadcast Brady's "offensive onslaught" was disgraceful and warranted an immediate apology.

During one performance in Birmingham last year Brady said that she'd had to amend some of her jokes before the BBC would broadcast them, in particular one about Foster.

"So obviously the shocking comments about Mrs Foster that were aired during the week must have been cleared by the BBC," said the DUP source.

The BBC was asked last night about the show and if there had been any complaints about the comedian's remarks.

It said: "We don't routinely give out complaints figures, but publish a fortnightly complaints report that shows total complaints received about programmes and those receiving more than 100 complaints."

At the start of her televised routine, Brady said she had travelled around a lot getting her show ready, including previewing it in Belfast.

"It's a weird place to do comedy," she said.

"But if you are a young person, go. It's an amazing way to experience what 1970s Britain was truly like." She said that the Belfast taxi driver couldn't believe that she was a "female" comedian. She told him: "I know they're still illegal here", and likened Northern Ireland to the state of Gilead, referenced in TV series The Handmaid's Tale as a totalitarian place of sexism, racism and homophobia.

On Twitter the reaction to Brady's show was mixed with plaudits from some individuals and angry criticism from other people who said they were going to complain to the BBC.

It's not, however, the first time Brady has criticised the DUP and Foster on social media sites or in her shows.

She has also attacked Ballymena-born Neeson, who said last year that the Hollywood sexual harassment scandal had sparked "a bit of a witch-hunt".

Brady, who will be appearing at the Empire in Belfast next month, said Neeson and other celebrities, including Joanna Lumley and Angela Lansbury, had undermined the seriousness of accusations against producers like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey.

Before the Republic voted to overturn the abortion ban earlier this year, Brady was also an outspoken critic of the country's legislation.
And of course, being the BT, they have not faithfully reported her act, what they ascribe as comments she made, as if in conversation somewhere, they too were all part of her act/gig/turn.

FFFS Norn Iron, grow up and join the modern world, throwing a hissy fit over what a little-known comedian chooses to make comedy about...............really?

Arlene Foster former 1st Minister
1arlenefoster.jpg
1arlenefoster.jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 389 times
A typical "Butch Lesbian"
1butch.jpg
1butch.jpg (7.42 KiB) Viewed 389 times
FFFS only an idiot could confuse them. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

"They don't have gay marriage in Northern Ireland and what I love is when these homophobes have to make up these fictional, pretend reasons to justify their homophobia because you can never say the real reason why you're homophobic, which is: 'I really want to try gay sex'.

"All homophobes are gay in the end; it's just a waiting game.

Feck but I hate this childish and utterly brainless redundant nonsense which is endemic in the SJW community. The majority of homophobes are homophobic because they are intolerant, hateful and horrible c-nts. This juvenile rubbish is the equivalent of the arguments we had as children - "you are smelly", "no you are". FFS.

That said I don't see what the DUP are outraged about. They are the most homophobic party in the UK and almost certainly proud of that. If their outrage is more about the references to Arlene's appearance then fair enough. However if she and they weren't such rancid c-nts it wouldn't happen. Sometimes one has to look to oneself for the problems. That would demonstrate self awareness and societal awareness of course which is not really something DUP folk are afflicted with.

To be honest if I was an English person I'd be dying of shame that NI was part of my state given that these semi-evolved specimens are the chosen representatives of the majority of their people. Of course I am factoring in that most English folk don't know, and don't want to know, anything about NI and the reasons for how a relatively normal person there could possibly vote for such a diseased party.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

The one thing I'll say is that I find it weird that they care so much.
The way I see things as I get older is that I have only a limited amount of fecks to give and I don't waste them on things that have no direct or even indirect bearing on myself.
I realise there is a degree of selfishness to my philosophy but it's a great way to live modern life without going mad.

2 gays want to tie the knot they have every right to be as miserable as me.
Crack on I don't give a feck.

Would I vote on it either way though?
No.
Why?
Because I don't give a feck.

Surprised I've raised enough fecks to post this tbh.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The one and only worthwhile point to be made from this is that here we have a political party in a ridiculous position of power and yet refusing to govern in their own bailiwick getting their panties in a bunch over a second rate, at best, little-known comedian.

You could not make it up. The only explanation is that they consider any DUPer being considered gay is a heinous outrage on a par with Birkenau, Auschwitz or similar. Quite remarkable when we know the penchant of at least a couple of their number to be fond of a rent boy or fu'cking kids.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It's not just an anti-gay attitude though. With the exception of Protestantism, do the DUP support society moving on, in any form?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:It's not just an anti-gay attitude though. With the exception of Protestantism, do the DUP support society moving on, in any form?

Just rugby, nothing else.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Well, they didn't support Paddy and Stuart!! Presbyterian prigs; I can say that as I am also PressButtonB just with my own views.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BR wrote:It's not just an anti-gay attitude though. With the exception of Protestantism, do the DUP support society moving on, in any form?
Yes particularly for gypsies.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Looks like the DUPs Brexit policy is going to cost them a designated day for flying the Union fleg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44960653
Northern Ireland is to lose a designated day for flying the Union flag as a result of Brexit.
Under current legislation there are 18 days when government buildings must fly the flag including Europe Day in May.
However, under legislation planned as part of leaving the EU, Europe Day is to be removed from the list.
I wonder will they change their minds now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's brilliant. Will there be protests?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:Well, they didn't support Paddy and Stuart!! Presbyterian prigs; I can say that as I am also PressButtonB just with my own views.

Do you actually practice it Santa...............or are you so good you don't need to? I always find the notion of "practicing ......( fill in religion of choice)" to be as odd as two left feet.

I'd love to meet an "expert blackmouth/meth/fenianbastard/CoI" and ask them a few pertinent questions to see how their expertise holds up. So many contradictions in all these branches of faiths, unsurprising when it's clearly made up bullshit, that for some "expert" to fend off the obvious questions means they just require a brass neck and the ability to waffle without actually answering a question other than through blatant obfuscation - I always find the "he gave us free will" kop out, similar to pleading the fifth, particularly hilarious, it imbues the spouter with a huge amount of stupidity and no shame at all that you recognize it in them.

As for the vicious Muslims (Moslems if you are the w@nkstain at the Belfast Tabernacvlvm), I walked into my local Muslim owned supermarket the other day, and much to my amazement not one person threatened to behead me. The early call to prayer each morning sees amazing sights, young and old in beautifully colourful full length kit looking for all the world like they are off to a wedding. 10 minutes later there they are in their civvies. How are so many so terrified of these ordinary decent citizens?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:That's brilliant. Will there be protests?

Aye, that wee womanny will stove in a windie at City Hall again and gulder through the remaining tattered shards, "No Sarander" :roll:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:That's brilliant. Will there be protests?

Aye, that wee womanny will stove in a windie at City Hall again and gulder through the remaining tattered shards, "No Sarander" :roll:
She was one hag.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:Looks like the DUPs Brexit policy is going to cost them a designated day for flying the Union fleg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44960653
Northern Ireland is to lose a designated day for flying the Union flag as a result of Brexit.
Under current legislation there are 18 days when government buildings must fly the flag including Europe Day in May.
However, under legislation planned as part of leaving the EU, Europe Day is to be removed from the list.
I wonder will they change their minds now!!! Image Image Image Image
Didn't UKIP promise us (amongst many other things) a new National Holiday - independence day, wasn't it?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Farage posited the notion BR, so don't be houlin' yer breath or yee'll expire.