A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Trump played golf while funerals of the murdered children took place.

He is a colossal Warren Gatland.
I used to be a committed golfer myself, not much gets in the way when you’re in the mood. But the man is absolutely a Warren Gatland, a most apt and beautifully descriptive word for the moron. This morning I discover that he had a cue card at the meeting of pupils and parents yesterday, with 5 bulletpoints the last of which was a reminder to say “I hear you” which suggests he is also a Warren Gatland simply, and clearly very simply, prepared by others to go in front of the cameras and stick to some well rehearsed sound bites.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Baggy you'll like Philip DeFranco and his youtube news show

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think you mentioned him before, to my shame, I’ve yet to acquaint myself with him.

So......... nah a wiki page tells me he throws in Celebrity gossip, which makes him unwatchable for me, irrespective of anything useful he may offer.
This is why youtube is a great medium. You can skip the guff

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Can anyone think of any good reason why a member of the public would have a legitimate reason to own a semi-automatic rifle?

Best I can come up with is "Zombie Attack".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Sadly nothing will change until the money is removed from mericun politics. The NRA funded the orange one to the tune of $30m so obviously they have have his nuts in a vice. Him and the rest of the republican party. Out of idle curiosity I ventured on to the NRA website to find out exactly what they are about. The market themselves as the largest civil rights organisation in the US. Obviously don't give a rats ass about the victims right to live. Shower of subhuman cnuts.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

On a lighter note, I see a member of the board of the Law Society for Scotland is in trouble, he's been reported to the Polis. Why?

Because he referred to the Orange Order as "Knuckle dragging mutants" and "Fu'cking inbred w@nkhankies". Seems to me the man's only crime is being a good judge of character.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Can anyone think of any good reason why a member of the public would have a legitimate reason to own a semi-automatic rifle?

"To protect themselves from their own government"
That's the bullshyte reason for the second amendment

To be fair their own government is completely over tooled up in terms of weaponry and I wouldn't trust the US government not to turn their guns on their own people

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I received an email from USA today offering free ankle holster with every semi automatic handgun bought over 400 dollars, legit dealer not spam and feckin scary the class of stuff they have on sale.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Can anyone think of any good reason why a member of the public would have a legitimate reason to own a semi-automatic rifle?

"To protect themselves from their own government"
That's the bullshyte reason for the second amendment

To be fair their own government is completely over tooled up in terms of weaponry and I wouldn't trust the US government not to turn their guns on their own people

Exactly. Your not going to do much good with a shotgun or traditional hunting rifle if the US Army comes knocking on your door.

Armed school staff seems to work in Israel, but then that is a very different society, different threat and would probably be a different outcome if the average Palestinian could walk into their local Super Sal and buy a AK47.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Giving a teacher a handgun leaves them the first target of someone with a semi automatic, teacher will have to look, think and draw gun while attacker comes in ready for first shot, won't stop a fruitcake disgruntled pupil or former pupil from creating havoc in a classroom and chances of a teacher hitting someone at a distance with a handgun is pretty negligible, it's not the movies where the bad guy gets dropped straight between the eyes while running at 50m with a handgun.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Less guns. Not more

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:Giving a teacher a handgun leaves them the first target of someone with a semi automatic, teacher will have to look, think and draw gun while attacker comes in ready for first shot, won't stop a fruitcake disgruntled pupil or former pupil from creating havoc in a classroom and chances of a teacher hitting someone at a distance with a handgun is pretty negligible, it's not the movies where the bad guy gets dropped straight between the eyes while running at 50m with a handgun.
But apparently these people are 'cowards' so they'll be put off.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:Giving a teacher a handgun leaves them the first target of someone with a semi automatic, teacher will have to look, think and draw gun while attacker comes in ready for first shot, won't stop a fruitcake disgruntled pupil or former pupil from creating havoc in a classroom and chances of a teacher hitting someone at a distance with a handgun is pretty negligible, it's not the movies where the bad guy gets dropped straight between the eyes while running at 50m with a handgun.
Oh right so that solves the problem, just give everyone a gun then no one will shoot anyone as they are all cowards
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Oh right so that solves the problem, just give everyone a gun then no one will shoot anyone as they are all cowards
Seems to be the solution.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Seems to be the solution.
These Americans aren't as dumb as the sound.
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:

Yes but they are also crazy, so nothing will put them off.

I hear you. :duh:

I wonder quite what weapon the teachers will hide surreptitiously, it better be good because the AR15 is supposedly accurate up to 600 yards.