A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:anyone else think that Mr Stirling could be looking a new job.... albeit with a huge pay-off I suspect he can kiss his Knighthood goodbye.
It is beyond belief that he is the man running the country when he has been exposed as a man of pretty feeble judgement and a burden on the tax & ratepayers of NI for years to come.

The more evidence you hear the worse it gets, a country run by muppets whether politicians or Civil Servants.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:anyone else think that Mr Stirling could be looking a new job.... albeit with a huge pay-off I suspect he can kiss his Knighthood goodbye.
It is beyond belief that he is the man running the country when he has been exposed as a man of pretty feeble judgement and a burden on the tax & ratepayers of NI for years to come.

The more evidence you hear the worse it gets, a country run by muppets whether politicians or Civil Servants.
It is not beyond belief as it is pretty normal in our government today to have people who are not capable of doing their jobs due to not actually being qualified to do them.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

It is not beyond belief as it is pretty normal in our government today to have people who are not capable of doing their jobs due to not actually being qualified to do them.
Mr Sterling first rose to prominence when he had the bright, or dark, idea that the denizens of Dundonald House were not allowed to turn the lights on in the mornings. Given his lack of recent fiscal wisdom, it will come as no surprise that this had nothing to do with saving money......... just so the staff would have something to do in the afternoon. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Well, you say that, but do you think the serial torturers of UK USA & Israel amongst many many others will give a shyte about the whys & wherefores, their only concern is that their torture practices can continue, albeit, Betty claims her guys no longer use those practices.
The UK, USA and Israel wouldn't have given a sh1te what the verdict was. All three have very recently been involved in illegal war and all three are well known for using torture and other human rights denying methods as standard operating procedure. The British, being more mature, are far more versed in pretending they don't engage in it and some poor feckers even believe them. Like any criminal they only "care" when they are caught red handed. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There may be something in what you say Young Langer, but I tell you this without fear of contradiction, Lt-Col Arnaud Beltrame is a braver man than I am. He must have been pretty sure he hadn’t a great chance of surviving.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:No idea why the Lionels as a nation fear and despise the European Court of Human Rights. Today in a judgement that will be welcomed in UK , USA & Israel amongst others, they decided "the hooded men" were not tortured.

I can only say that if that isn't torture I hope to fück that I am never tortured.
Oh bugger, I forgot to ask if anyone had heard that pathetic worm of a man Jeffrey Donaldson being asked by William Crawley, several times if he thought "the five techniques" amounted to torture?

For the innocent, the 5 techniques are: prolonged wall-standing, hooding, subjection to noise, deprivation of sleep, and deprivation of food and drink.

What was added was that it is impossible to stand spreadeagled against a wall for 7 days & 7 nights, so everytime they left that position they were beaten unconscious.

Wee rotten Jeffrey, the pompous little toad, prevaricated, obfuscated and point blank refused to answer. Wild Bill Crawley said, "I'm just asking for your personal opinion as to whether or not that sounds to you like torture", answer came there noown.

#Slippytittedweefuckdog. I've often shat better than smug Jeff.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/eu-ref ... ssion=true

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Well, you say that, but do you think the serial torturers of UK USA & Israel amongst many many others will give a shyte about the whys & wherefores, their only concern is that their torture practices can continue, albeit, Betty claims her guys no longer use those practices.
The UK, USA and Israel wouldn't have given a sh1te what the verdict was. All three have very recently been involved in illegal war and all three are well known for using torture and other human rights denying methods as standard operating procedure. The British, being more mature, are far more versed in pretending they don't engage in it and some poor feckers even believe them. Like any criminal they only "care" when they are caught red handed. :D

When you say, :red: , are you saying they feel like the Aussie cricket captain?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:https://amp.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/eu-ref ... ssion=true

No surprise at all there Jackie. The bit that interested me was:
Our poll with YouGov shows that 36% of people think leaving the EU is more of a priority than keeping Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom (29%).

And 71% of people that chose the EU over Northern Ireland voted Brexit.
Unscientifically, I reckon the figures would be similar if the question had included Scotland and Wales, little englanders are just that, self-interested Lionelscum. :puker:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Unscientifically, I reckon the figures would be similar if the question had included Scotland and Wales, little englanders are just that, self-interested Lionelscum. :puker:
Ballix. Better together. :D :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see they are going to table the same sex marriage bill for NI in the commons tomorrow. Great to see the English trying to sort out this issue for some marginalised folk in the alleged united state. Hopefully the 17th century crew can be kept well out of it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Assuming that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that many many shrieky people will be calling on the DUP to sack the anti-Muslim two. Surely they should never play politics again, nor represent Ireland at rugby ............ no wait, I'm conflating two rugby players trash-talking with two politicians merely hating 1,800,000,000 people worldwide.

Hang the rugby players, sure Big Ian's nipper was only having the craic.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Assuming that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that many many shrieky people will be calling on the DUP to sack the anti-Muslim two. Surely they should never play politics again, nor represent Ireland at rugby ............ no wait, I'm conflating two rugby players trash-talking with two politicians merely hating 1,800,000,000 people worldwide.

Ian Og's explaination and apology seem to have been accepted by leaders of the Muslim community. Perhaps they have more genuine things to be offended by and worried about. I hope we're not taking proxy offence like those on Twitter.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Assuming that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that many many shrieky people will be calling on the DUP to sack the anti-Muslim two. Surely they should never play politics again, nor represent Ireland at rugby ............ no wait, I'm conflating two rugby players trash-talking with two politicians merely hating 1,800,000,000 people worldwide.

Ian Og's explaination and apology seem to have been accepted by leaders of the Muslim community. Perhaps they have more genuine things to be offended by and worried about. I hope we're not taking proxy offence like those on Twitter.
Yes. Jnr's reaction has been appropriate but this is just the latest in a long line of islamophobic statements from the DUP.

Interesting to hear that Arlene "might" leave if Ireland is united. :roll: That would certainly influence my vote, though I would believe it when I see it. We're still waiting for boring b@stard Phil Collins and other minor Tory celebs to feck off.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:

Yes. Jnr's reaction has been appropriate but this is just the latest in a long line of islamophobic statements from the DUP.

Interesting to hear that Arlene "might" leave if Ireland is united. :roll: That would certainly influence my vote, though I would believe it when I see it. We're still waiting for boring b@stard Phil Collins and other minor Tory celebs to feck off.
She couldn't argue the position of staying in the UK. She couldn't list off a few reasons to remain. She just threw her wee head up. If she's not bullying people she's a busted flush.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999