A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Jackie Brown »

Kofi Annan wrote:
I do agree with D.C. our so called politicians of all groupings are cnuts, especially those in alliance , I single them out as their fence sitting flag waving ( every flag) allow the morons on DUP and SF to have those own way, the only time they slip to one side is to vote with SF as they still wrongly see it their position to support the minority’s rather than what is right politically.
Still bitter about the Union Fleg?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So I see Sammy Wilson is claiming that Robbo is speaking claptrap. Feck that's a good one coming from him. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Shan wrote:So I see Sammy Wilson is claiming that Robbo is speaking claptrap. Feck that's a good one coming from him. :D
That would be Sammy 'Green Guff' Wilson, the DUP's expert on man made climate change? The man who said there would never be a Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Belfast? The man who tried to explain the difference between the RAC and the RUC to Ali G because - hold on - he thought he was part of a genuine interview?
Yeah, ok.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes Prom2, the very prat.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

One was frightfully amused to hear David Pigfu@ker Cameron considers Michael Gove "a lunatic". A bit late in the day realising after the fact that one of your closest colleagues, a prat you brought into the cabinet is a mental eejit. Bit slow on it Dave eh?

Even when he was interviewed Gove's on father had almost nothing to say in support of junior. Mad as a box of frogs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

promenader 2 wrote:
Shan wrote:So I see Sammy Wilson is claiming that Robbo is speaking claptrap. Feck that's a good one coming from him. :D
That would be Sammy 'Green Guff' Wilson, the DUP's expert on man made climate change? The man who said there would never be a Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Belfast? The man who tried to explain the difference between the RAC and the RUC to Ali G because - hold on - he thought he was part of a genuine interview?
Yeah, ok.
If you haven't seen it, Sacha Baron Cohen's latest project This is America contains some of his best work. Some absolute gems.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is it as biting and hard hitting as Ed Ballix in Trumplamd.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

It's brilliant Bagster.
Saw the first episode and thought it was ok but the following episodes were superb.
What I like about him is his indiscriminate pi$h taking.
Redneck Trump voters are an easy target for the usual left leaning comedy fraternity but Cohen also exposes the lefty liberal Clinton voting types.
Conclusion being they are all equally as retarded.
The self loathing white liberal male winning the gangster rap off was pure comedic genius.
Cohen has some minerals I will give him that!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:It's brilliant Bagster.
Saw the first episode and thought it was ok but the following episodes were superb.
What I like about him is his indiscriminate pi$h taking.
Redneck Trump voters are an easy target for the usual left leaning comedy fraternity but Cohen also exposes the lefty liberal Clinton voting types.
Conclusion being they are all equally as retarded.
The self loathing white liberal male winning the gangster rap off was pure comedic genius.
Cohen has some minerals I will give him that!
I have a pal Jackie who, as a young man and an engineer in Short Bros, was seconded to Boeing in Seattle for 12 months. The move became permanent and Jackie retired out of Boeing maybe 10 years ago, wife is from NI, kids are as American as momma's apple pie. He always said to me that "the average American" is as thick as shyte. When I tell you that he voted for George W Bush and any other Republican including Trump, it will not surprise you to know that he once told me in whispered tones, "fu'cking ni**ers are ruining America". Jackie is not a white liberal male. >EW

I like Jackie, but not his politics, I have this thing 90:10 by which if a friend is a racist, homophobe or just a right-wing asshole, I balance that with the rest of his/her character, and if they are 90% ok, I live with their shyte. Works ok and at my age, I'm not changing it now.

NB: for clarity, I tell Jackie he is a right-wing asshole, he smiles and nods. :D
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Seattle eh. If I 'm not mistaken thons where they make diagonal steam traps.

If you watch SBC you will see an excellent spoof set in Kingsman, an Arizona shythole that you will almost certainly have been in on your Western adventures
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Seattle eh. If I 'm not mistaken thons where they make diagonal steam traps.

If you watch SBC you will see an excellent spoof set in Kingsman, an Arizona shythole that you will almost certainly have been in on your Western adventures
Yes Merv, Kingman Az is the first town you hit on R66 when you drive down US93 from Vegas via the Hoover Dam. It is one of the biggest railway hubs in the west despite as you say being an "Arizona shytehole". It is also home to Mr Dz Diner, a Turquoise and Pink confection of a wee diner, jukebaxes on the walls, but serves some of the finest fastish food I've ever swallied over in Seppoland.

Must take a look. :thumleft:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Seattle eh. If I 'm not mistaken thons where they make diagonal steam traps.

As far as I know they went bust because Jimmy Dalzell decided not to invest in Y2K remediation.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:

As far as I know they went bust because Jimmy Dalzell decided not to invest in Y2K remediation.
That's a shame, I've had an original steam trap for decades but it's had it's day, was hoping to get a new one, very handy thing out here in Spain, if only I could show the locals that something accurate to within a thousandth of an inch may be ok for them, but why bother when you can have something that's "dead on".
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So good old Boris is off again and no doubt some folk are delighted about that as it gives them plenty of scope for some virtue signalling, including one person who seems to think it is OK to say that being a buffoon is a British trait. She'd have been better off just saying Boris is a buffoon which is mere fact.

Labour MP Stella Creasy said that voters in a potential Conservative leadership contest should note that Mr Johnson appeared to be positioning himself as a figure in the mould of US right-winger and former Trump aide Steve Bannon.

She warned he was in danger of "going full Morrissey", in reference to the singer who has been mired in controversy over comments on immigration, and said her advice to Mr Johnson was that "being a buffoon, not being a racist and misogynist, (is) more British".
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:So good old Boris is off again and no doubt some folk are delighted about that as it gives them plenty of scope for some virtue signalling, including one person who seems to think it is OK to say that being a buffoon is a British trait. She'd have been better off just saying Boris is a buffoon which is mere fact.

Labour MP Stella Creasy said that voters in a potential Conservative leadership contest should note that Mr Johnson appeared to be positioning himself as a figure in the mould of US right-winger and former Trump aide Steve Bannon.

She warned he was in danger of "going full Morrissey", in reference to the singer who has been mired in controversy over comments on immigration, and said her advice to Mr Johnson was that "being a buffoon, not being a racist and misogynist, (is) more British".
Definitely an English one. That word would not be in common usage 'round these parts.
Big Neville Southall