A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote: I'd love if you could explain where all these jobs are going to come from. Neither Govts in free market economies nor markets themselves have been able to manage it for decades. The only countries in the last 100 years which had full employment were ones without free markets.
Problem is Shan there are many about who have no idea nor any thought for their fellow man beyond what the Sun or for the moderately more intelligent The Daily Mail/Daily Fascist.

They may wish to ponder that life unemployed isn't all that many would have you believe. If only is was as simple os the Tory party think I'd relish a life on the dole.
unemployed.jpg
unemployed.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:the Sun or for the moderately more intelligent The Daily Mail/Daily Fascist.
unemployed.jpg
I'd say the Sun readers are possibly the moderately more intelligent Baggy - a few of them can be credited with a sense of comic irony and there is another swathe who are happy to forgo the right wing rhetoric for a glimpse of a pair of pert diddies over the breakfast cornflakes.

The Daily Heil reader, on the other hand, is inavriably a brain-washed Gatland.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/scare-st ... to-z.html/
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

There is another forum I post to, largely for academic purpose, which is peopled very largely by people who read and enjoy the Daily Heil.

For the past few months (it started from a Bedroom Tax debate) I have been using a sock puppet who claims to be a Pakistani, mostly non-observing Muslim with a large family living on a small rented freehold in Cumbria, which through a convoluted series of frauds and deceptions I actually own, but still claim housing benefit for, this being paid to my brother who owns a business in the UAE which fronts for members of my family all over the world.

I regale them with tales of classic car and bike rallies, the daughter's ponies, one European and one "proper" holiday a year (we went to the Lions this year).

I'm sure I've been responsible for at least one embolism and I have received at least one death threat. I reported that to the moderators and claimed I was so scared I was living on my boat for a while.

You could almost hear the teeth gnashing.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Probably close enough gents but either way think it's a good time for the song again anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Agreed Baggy- It never ceases to amaze me how far someone can make such a paltry sum go yet we(Éire) have scumbag politicians who tell us they cannot live on less than €110k per annum plus expenses. If I had €110k I'd be happy enough to give up 5% of it I'd hope.

But Phil Hogan who wouldn't pay a service charge on his luxury apartment in Portugal, bought with an interest-only loan his pal head of toxic and taxpayer-robbing Irish Nationwide approved for him, because he wasn't satisfied with the service has now brought in water charges which ultimately will be used to privatise the water in Ireland(Not to mention providing multi-billionaire FG supporting, half of Ireland's media owning and SiteServ owner Denis O'Brien of Esat fame with much needed extra revenues through granting him the installation contract) rather than use any raised revenue to repair the decrepit piping system which would save an estimated €1billion per annum(They have to extract water from the Shannon to support domestic demand in Dublin due to leakages) and yet we will imprisoned if we are not happy to pay for a service which will ultimately feed the wealthy again. The dirty scummy hypocritical bag of w-nk.

Ah for f-ck sake. You'd be sick of the verminous filth.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

AyeYerMa wrote:There is another forum I post to, largely for academic purpose, which is peopled very largely by people who read and enjoy the Daily Heil.

For the past few months (it started from a Bedroom Tax debate) I have been using a sock puppet who claims to be a Pakistani, mostly non-observing Muslim with a large family living on a small rented freehold in Cumbria, which through a convoluted series of frauds and deceptions I actually own, but still claim housing benefit for, this being paid to my brother who owns a business in the UAE which fronts for members of my family all over the world.

I regale them with tales of classic car and bike rallies, the daughter's ponies, one European and one "proper" holiday a year (we went to the Lions this year).

I'm sure I've been responsible for at least one embolism and I have received at least one death threat. I reported that to the moderators and claimed I was so scared I was living on my boat for a while.

You could almost hear the teeth gnashing.
Yeah bit you know what- The Govt and other agencies actually utilise this approach ensure a continuation of divide and conquer. There is nothing the force likes more than the public distrusting each other and fighting amongst themselves.

In America it is known that the Govt agencies pay poor people to go out with signs promoting right-wing Govt policy. A poor fecker in need can easily be persuaded to do something for $500 in a country with even worse social structures than us here in the somewhat civilised British Isles. But even here people are paid to rabble rouse and engage in false flag activities.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Doesn't matter. They all live next door to someone who does the same anyway.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have not actually watched it but saw enough on the excellent "Charlie Booker's Screenwipe" to see Channel 4 doing the Governments insidious work of confirming all folk on benefits are evil scrounging b'stards with no morals whatsoever who will steal from their mothers never mind an honest British citizen with a company car an expense account & a little foreign income that is so simple to hide from the taxman. All right ( & I mean right) thinking "hard working families" will of course despise every benefit recipient irrespective of their circumstances including those unfortunate enough to be too disabled to work, battered wives left to bring up a squad of kids with no child support & the rest of the evil grasping lowlife :roll:

Gatlands.

TV as a government mouthpiece :duh: Next we will have "Immigrant Infestation" which will have an exciting climax with a public vote to stick some towelhead on the next plane out of GB. Followed by "Public Sector Wasters" were the public can vote to close a Hospital, a School - but not Eton - or a Labour Exchange as they were known when I was 7.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have not actually watched it but saw enough on the excellent "Charlie Booker's Screenwipe" to see Channel 4 doing the Governments insidious work of confirming all folk on benefits are evil scrounging b'stards with no morals whatsoever who will steal from their mothers never mind an honest British citizen with a company car an expense account & a little foreign income that is so simple to hide from the taxman. All right ( & I mean right) thinking "hard working families" will of course despise every benefit recipient irrespective of their circumstances including those unfortunate enough to be too disabled to work, battered wives left to bring up a squad of kids with no child support & the rest of the evil grasping lowlife :roll:

Gatlands.

TV as a government mouthpiece :duh: Next we will have "Immigrant Infestation" which will have an exciting climax with a public vote to stick some towelhead on the next plane out of GB. Followed by "Public Sector Wasters" were the public can vote to close a Hospital, a School - but not Eton - or a Labour Exchange as they were known when I was 7.
You wha?? What about yon moral police up in newtownabbey......they banned a play which they have never seen because it may upset the DUP faithfull-----total gatlands!!!!!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jockster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have not actually watched it but saw enough on the excellent "Charlie Booker's Screenwipe" to see Channel 4 doing the Governments insidious work of confirming all folk on benefits are evil scrounging b'stards with no morals whatsoever who will steal from their mothers never mind an honest British citizen with a company car an expense account & a little foreign income that is so simple to hide from the taxman. All right ( & I mean right) thinking "hard working families" will of course despise every benefit recipient irrespective of their circumstances including those unfortunate enough to be too disabled to work, battered wives left to bring up a squad of kids with no child support & the rest of the evil grasping lowlife :roll:

Gatlands.

You wha?? What about yon moral police up in newtownabbey......they banned a play which they have never seen because it may upset the DUP faithfull-----total gatlands!!!!!!
Wrong thread oul' haun, that is not political, it's religious intolerance, knowledge of the subject optional, just imagine it may be morally reprehensible for young free presbyterians to view ( that is loosely free - not of course freedom of thought or expression) and call for a ban.

In all honesty from the rehearsal footage I saw on TV, it looked keek, but of course that is neither here nor over there in the corner with the closed minded zelots.

Have the DUP ever issued a fatwah for the improper use of "Jesus"?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jockster wrote:

Gatlands.

Are you much of a culture vulture Jockster.
There are two rights at play here. The right to artistic integrity and the right to have your religious views not held up to ridicule. On the one hand the touring company are probably at a loss as to why someone would want to outlaw their 'harmless' production and on the other hand a group of people who are at a loss as to why someone would want to put on such a 'blasphemous' production. Just another example of people of faith and people of no faith failing to understand each other. Insensitivity and overreaction, a heady mix. Sadly nothing new.................
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Jockster wrote:

Gatlands.

There are two rights at play here. The right to artistic integrity and the right to have your religious views not held up to ridicule. On the one hand the touring company are probably at a loss as to why someone would want to outlaw their 'harmless' production and on the other hand a group of people who are at a loss as to why someone would want to put on such a 'blasphemous' production. Just another example of people of faith and people of no faith failing to understand each other. Insensitivity and overreaction, a heady mix. Sadly nothing new.................
No. I couldn't lay any claim to that Jackie nor would I want to. We''re all fortunate enough to have rights in this society (even the people that are offended by everything). I really don't mind people being offended--that is their right. I just despise it if they think their right to offence should affect everyone else.
themezz
Novice

Post by themezz »

Shameful how dare anyone poke fun at my all forgiving imaginary friend

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Jockster wrote:

Gatlands.

There are two rights at play here. The right to artistic integrity and the right to have your religious views not held up to ridicule. I assume Snipe you will therefore have complete sympathy for Muslims who wish to behead those who would create an image of the prophet? On the one hand the touring company are probably at a loss as to why someone would want to outlaw their 'harmless' production and on the other hand a group of people who are at a loss as to why someone would want to put on such a 'blasphemous' production. Are you intimately cogniscent of the contents of the production or did you just see a wee clip on the news? I would suggest that the vast proportion of those who protest are protesting about something they know little about. It just doesn't sound wholesome so ban it. Just another example of people of faith and people of no faith failing to understand each other. Insensitivity and overreaction, a heady mix. Sadly nothing new.................
How do you feel about book burning Snipe? Seems a logical extension to this censorship, anything you don't like, get rid of it and feck anyone else no matter what they feel, eh?

This is little more than the good old Norn Iron sport of "taking offence". It looked rubbish but I defend their right to perform their rubbish as I would defend the right of folk who felt strongly about the content to stage a peaceful protest but this is just the DUP & some others taking their ball home - we don't like it, you aren't seeing it.

I hate the DUP who would probably love to lock up the parks again on Sundays & the abominable narrow minded Free Presbyterian Church & all other Godbothers who feel they can dictate what the sane members of the community can & cannot watch. Vicious intolerant bigots who doubtless fondly imagine themselves to be democrats whilst their internal internecine scrapping is played out in public adding further & further to their increasingly ludicrous image.

Oh how the Shinners must laugh. I can just imagine M16 phoning his former Head of Staff, "Hey Marty, you'll never guess what the prods are up to now in Newtownabbey, pure gold, you couldn't make it up so you couldn't. Feck Dymphna I guldered."

Shambles.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Jockster wrote:

Gatlands.

In my opinion a lot of that is nonsense.

Religions should be no more protected from ridicule than Harry Potter or other novels. In fact religions leave themselves wide open to ridicule in what is becoming an increasingly secular society. What the DUP did was attack free speech and used their power irresponsibly. In western society I can decide myself whether to watch something. I don't need them to act as some sort of moral guardians. For religions to try and lay claim to some sort of moral hierarchy is laughable itself.

No the DUP were entirely in the wrong here. Who the feck votes for these nutjobs!!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Jockster wrote:

Gatlands.

There are two rights at play here. The right to artistic integrity and the right to have your religious views not held up to ridicule. I assume Snipe you will therefore have complete sympathy for Muslims who wish to behead those who would create an image of the prophet? On the one hand the touring company are probably at a loss as to why someone would want to outlaw their 'harmless' production and on the other hand a group of people who are at a loss as to why someone would want to put on such a 'blasphemous' production. Are you intimately cogniscent of the contents of the production or did you just see a wee clip on the news? I would suggest that the vast proportion of those who protest are protesting about something they know little about. It just doesn't sound wholesome so ban it. Just another example of people of faith and people of no faith failing to understand each other. Insensitivity and overreaction, a heady mix. Sadly nothing new.................
How do you feel about book burning Snipe? Idiotic, provocative and childish are the words I would chose. What about you?
I think you may need to review what I posted as you clearly didn't get my point and instead jumped to the wrong conclusion.
In reply to the red bits:
Muslims, like all people of faith or none, have the right to have their beliefs respected by society as long as they are not illegal, immoral or antisocial.

I can but assume that you missed both sets of quotation marks. I wasn’t calling it ‘blasphemous’ they were. I wasn’t calling it 'harmless' either. In both cases they were the views of the respective groups.