A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BR »

As I said some time ago. If there are parties with genuine asperations of a united Ireland, now would be the time to come up with some sort of innovative proposals.

I think many northern nationalists and AFAIK all southern unification parties seem to be suggesting that NI is simply absorbed into the current republic effectively over night. (Albeit with a ongoing dowry from London).

Let's hear some proposals on a federal Ireland; on a transfer of sovereignty without immediate legislative or administrative alignment; .... There are so many things that could attract a wavering unionist, but it seems nobody wants to offer anything but the utopia that is the current southern state.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Assuming that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that many many shrieky people will be calling on the DUP to sack the anti-Muslim two. Surely they should never play politics again, nor represent Ireland at rugby ............ no wait, I'm conflating two rugby players trash-talking with two politicians merely hating 1,800,000,000 people worldwide.

Hang the rugby players, sure Big Ian's nipper was only having the craic.
Ian Og's explaination and apology seem to have been accepted by leaders of the Muslim community. Perhaps they have more genuine things to be offended by and worried about. I hope we're not taking proxy offence like those on Twitter.
Yes. Jnr's reaction has been appropriate but this is just the latest in a long line of islamophobic statements from the DUP.

Interesting to hear that Arlene "might" leave if Ireland is united. :roll: That would certainly influence my vote, though I would believe it when I see it. We're still waiting for boring b@stard Phil Collins and other minor Tory celebs to feck off.
She couldn't argue the position of staying in the UK. She couldn't list off a few reasons to remain. She just threw her wee head up. If she's not bullying people she's a busted flush.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
...and her message to the 200k DUP voters, most of whom won't be able to leave is "feck yousuns. I'm alright!"
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Assuming that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that many many shrieky people will be calling on the DUP to sack the anti-Muslim two. Surely they should never play politics again, nor represent Ireland at rugby ............ no wait, I'm conflating two rugby players trash-talking with two politicians merely hating 1,800,000,000 people worldwide.

Hang the rugby players, sure Big Ian's nipper was only having the craic.
Ian Og's explaination and apology seem to have been accepted by leaders of the Muslim community. Perhaps they have more genuine things to be offended by and worried about. I hope we're not taking proxy offence like those on Twitter.
Yes. Jnr's reaction has been appropriate but this is just the latest in a long line of islamophobic statements from the DUP.

Interesting to hear that Arlene "might" leave if Ireland is united. :roll: That would certainly influence my vote, though I would believe it when I see it. We're still waiting for boring b@stard Phil Collins and other minor Tory celebs to feck off.
She couldn't argue the position of staying in the UK. She couldn't list off a few reasons to remain. She just threw her wee head up. If she's not bullying people she's a busted flush.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
...and her message to the 200k DUP voters, most of whom won't be able to leave is "feck yousuns. I'm alright!"
Similar to Nigel Farage then he said get out of EU but if it goes wrong he will take his pension and live in Europe
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

A UI aligned with an independent Scotland is the only logical approach

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Been saying that since the Brexit miscount Russ. Indeed I'd want a proper union between the two. Let England and its little western colony do their own thing and we can laugh at them.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see a few people are getting upset about a Tory tw@t visiting Armagh without telling anyone. When I first read it, not knowing who the feck Mickey Brady was, I assumed Davis was pottering about the wrong side of the border. Maybe Brady is annoyed because he couldn't invite yer man to afternoon tea. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:I see a few people are getting upset about a Tory tw@t visiting Armagh without telling anyone. When I first read it, not knowing who the feck Mickey Brady was, I assumed Davis was pottering about the wrong side of the border. Maybe Brady is annoyed because he couldn't invite yer man to afternoon tea. :D
Apparently Mickey Brady is my MP and I had never heard of him either
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:I see a few people are getting upset about a Tory tw@t visiting Armagh without telling anyone. When I first read it, not knowing who the feck Mickey Brady was, I assumed Davis was pottering about the wrong side of the border. Maybe Brady is annoyed because he couldn't invite yer man to afternoon tea. :D
Apparently Mickey Brady is my MP and I had never heard of him either
Used to be in the Undertones.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

He used to be Zoot the sax player in Dr Teeth's Electric Mayhem.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Knows Gerrys lawyer very well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

See that windrushing basturd Rudd resigned. How is May still in a job?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:See that windrushing basturd Rudd resigned. How is May still in a job?
You could ask how are all our MLA's still in a job
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:See that windrushing basturd Rudd resigned. How is May still in a job?
Nobody else is daft enough to want it.

(Head Coach at UR is more attractive than PM at UK)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:As I said some time ago. If there are parties with genuine asperations of a united Ireland, now would be the time to come up with some sort of innovative proposals.

I think many northern nationalists and AFAIK all southern unification parties seem to be suggesting that NI is simply absorbed into the current republic effectively over night. (Albeit with a ongoing dowry from London).

Let's hear some proposals on a federal Ireland; on a transfer of sovereignty without immediate legislative or administrative alignment; .... There are so many things that could attract a wavering unionist, but it seems nobody wants to offer anything but the utopia that is the current southern state.
We'd have to deal with Northern inability to abide by the law first. We don't allow vigilantism in the civilised world.
Gang of up to 50 capture, bind, beat and cover in paint fugitive sex offenders in Northern Ireland
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

By the way, any sign of Rooster today? :D :D :D