A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 4 votes
  

A little bit of politics folks`

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Heard a fair bit of the Ed Miller Band speech to the LPC this afternoon. You know what, I think Ed has finally cracked it, he actually didn't sound like a nervous arsefoon with a heavy cold.

More importantly, I think I'd quite like to live in the country Ed wants ...................but of course vast well resourced interest groups will ensure that it never happens.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26573
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby pythagoras » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm

My days of being impressed by politicians' rhetoric are OVER.
FFS BT, an Obamalite "Britain is better than this" 14 times?!!
I don't want to listen to any more of that kinda horseshit.
I feel the hand of history on my shoulder, I really do.
To the Demarchy!
User avatar
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1414
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby BaggyTrousers » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:51 pm

pythagoras wrote:My days of being impressed by politicians' rhetoric are OVER.
FFS BT, an Obamalite "Britain is better than this" 14 times?!!
I don't want to listen to any more of that kinda horseshit.
I feel the hand of history on my shoulder, I really do.
To the Demarchy!


Yeah yeah Pi-arse, I know you are probably right but I do have this sneaking feeling (wishful thinking no doubt) that young Ed is not as slippery a ballix as phoney Tony, one of the greatest political disappointments of all time. If only John Smith hadn't died we'd be a lot better off in this neck of the woods.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26573
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Listened a bit to the artist formerly known as Gideon at the Upper Class Party's Conference. He proposes getting, what doubtless the "middle-class majority" here will think of as "the work-shy" to do "work for benefits".

Here is a wee idea Gideon, if there is such work to be done, create jobs you toffee-nosed, upper-class, Eton educated, name-changing out of embarrassment, MUPPET. Slavery was abolished a while back dickhead.

Stop trying to get work done for free you scumsuckingTorypenis. Rather than cutting jobs, pay people a living wage & get them working & paying tax & national insurance you Bullingdon Blazer wearing gobshite, pretend chancelloring barsteward.

Just a thought. :roll:
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26573
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby AyeYerMa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Two sides of the same coin in your first and last posts. Policies designed to appeal to the baser instincts of the "traditional" voter of the parties that the main UK ones used to be.

Both completely infeasible but a source of "ha, ha, ha stick it to the toffs/oiks" for the footsoldiers... Until the bills come in and someone else can be blamed for the failure.

Ho-hum.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
User avatar
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Location: Belshaft, Norn Iron

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Listened a bit to the artist formerly known as Gideon at the Upper Class Party's Conference. He proposes getting, what doubtless the "middle-class majority" here will think of as "the work-shy" to do "work for benefits".

Here is a wee idea Gideon, if there is such work to be done, create jobs you toffee-nosed, upper-class, Eton educated, name-changing out of embarrassment, MUPPET. Slavery was abolished a while back dickhead.

Stop trying to get work done for free you scumsuckingTorypenis. Rather than cutting jobs, pay people a living wage & get them working & paying tax & national insurance you Bullingdon Blazer wearing gobshite, pretend chancelloring barsteward.

Just a thought. :roll:

You tell'em Arthur...........
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21351
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Shan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Feck Baggy maybe the British Conservative Party are learning from their Irish counterparts(Fine Gael) backed up by our alleged Labour Party. We've had the SlaveBridge scheme going for a while now and despite the claims on the website there's about 14,000 people currently engaged.....though I accept some are for positions which can really help somebody to gain skills. However I have seen tons of positions posted for van drivers , chip shop attendants, warehouse operatives and other non-skilled or low skilled jobs and some of these by large multinationals.

One job for a cleaner was posted by Limerick School Ard Scoil Rís. Audacity of the very lowest order but not overly surprising from the fancy North Circular Road residing shíthole. The only good things that ever came out of there was Paul O'Connell and one good friend of mine. :D

The intern will gain practical experience in 1: Use of industrial cleaning equipment 2: Provision of a high standard of work 4: Stock-taking of cleaning materials. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following 1: Ordering stock 2: Maintenance and use of equipment 3: Maintaining quality of work. On completion the intern will have attained skills in 1: Planning and implementation of cleaning schedules 2: Providing a high quality standard of wowk in a busy environment 3: Communication skills.



50 euro extra per week on your social welfare paid by the taxpayer and unscrupulous employers get themselves free labour and of course in terms of the public sector "jobs" filled the Govt gets to lie on the live register numbers. Everyone's a winner except the low and middle income taxpayers and the poor individuals who are doing these jobs for about €3 per hour under the minimum wage.


http://www.jobbridge.ie/
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9810
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby shamalicious » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Osborne is a G*tland of the lowest order.

Notice he got an "honest I'm down with the kids" haircut recently.

Keep the plebs in their place eh Georgie? :puker:
Stand up for the Ulstermen

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Shan wrote:Feck Baggy maybe the British Conservative Party are learning from their Irish counterparts(Fine Gael) backed up by our alleged Labour Party. We've had the SlaveBridge scheme going for a while now and despite the claims on the website there's about 14,000 people currently engaged.....though I accept some are for positions which can really help somebody to gain skills. However I have seen tons of positions posted for van drivers , chip shop attendants, warehouse operatives and other non-skilled or low skilled jobs and some of these by large multinationals.

One job for a cleaner was posted by Limerick School Ard Scoil Rís. Audacity of the very lowest order but not overly surprising from the fancy North Circular Road residing shíthole. The only good things that ever came out of there was Paul O'Connell and one good friend of mine. :D

The intern will gain practical experience in 1: Use of industrial cleaning equipment 2: Provision of a high standard of work 4: Stock-taking of cleaning materials. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following 1: Ordering stock 2: Maintenance and use of equipment 3: Maintaining quality of work. On completion the intern will have attained skills in 1: Planning and implementation of cleaning schedules 2: Providing a high quality standard of wowk in a busy environment 3: Communication skills.



50 euro extra per week on your social welfare paid by the taxpayer and unscrupulous employers get themselves free labour and of course in terms of the public sector "jobs" filled the Govt gets to lie on the live register numbers. Everyone's a winner except the low and middle income taxpayers and the poor individuals who are doing these jobs for about €3 per hour under the minimum wage.


http://www.jobbridge.ie/


That sounds like the sort of nonsense wee Gideon is on about. Communication Skills? How to say yes sir to someone who asks you to clean the bog.

I have no objection to placements that afford some genuine training and increase job potential, I do object to "employment" that isn't actually employment, yet the greasy little shyster is actually talking about giving people doing jobs that aren't jobs, whatever he imagines that to be other than cheap/free or indeed slave labour.

Furthermore unlike you local gobshite's scheme, as far as I know Gideon doesn't believe any extra funds are required, just it would be putting benefits at risk to decline. I don't want people sitting at home polishing their ring at my expense but if Gideon has established that there are jobs needing to be done by these people, CREATE actual jobs & stop monkeying about & massaging unemployment figure with schemes plucked straight from his Brennan and get people into work paying tax & NI. That my dear Snipe is hardly rampant socialism.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26573
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Away ye go you two. Find a room with Billy Brag and Derek Hatton and sing a few verses of the international and talk a little treason.
"It's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin and can't stand the company."
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 21351
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Shan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Agreed Baggy. Here's the thing that a lot of the more comfortable, too well insulated and heavily blinkered amongst us don't really get- In the society we have created we do not have enough jobs for everybody. In an open free market economy the interests of the owners of the factors of output(let's not call it manufacturing in our semi to full post-industrial age) is not employment. It is profit. As long as you have enough people with enough wealth to consume your creation all is well in the world. It is far far cheaper to pay corporation tax etc to fund a welfare state than it is to be bound to provide employment for all able bodied folk.

Thing is you then spin this slavery in the right way so as to impress all the moronic and well insulated section of society with your war on the feckless and lazy while at the same time ensuring you don't overdo it and fecking well politicise the poor folk who are generations into the cycle of being surplus to requirements. Overall it is just more of the silly old game of protecting the status quo and fooling most of the people most of the time into thinking you actually have any particular political policy outside of screwing over the people you can screw and keeping others entertained. The only real difference these days in the absence of any actual socialist parties is the level of subtlety. When in London Zoo the man in the blue jumper first feeds the tigers while the man in the red jumper first feeds the ducks. Ultimately all the animals get fed something but both men go home without an empty sack. That's all.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9810
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Shan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:Away ye go you two. Find a room with Billy Brag and Derek Hatton and sing a few verses of the international and talk a little treason.


Where the feck is Rapunzel when ya need her for feck sake. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9810
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Furthermore unlike you local gobshite's scheme, as far as I know Gideon doesn't believe any extra funds are required, just it would be putting benefits at risk to decline. I don't want people sitting at home polishing their ring at my expense but if Gideon has established that there are jobs needing to be done by these people, CREATE actual jobs & stop monkeying about & massaging unemployment figure with schemes plucked straight from his ar$e and get people into work paying tax & NI. That my dear Snipe is hardly rampant socialism.


There are of course a number of people out there who are trying to get work and can't find anything suitable and others who simply can't work, however problem is, there are a number who would not bother to apply for such jobs as they are quite happy to "polish their ring at your expense". Therefore maybe suggesting they'll have to do these crappy tasks to earn their benefits will either get them off their ring for a short period of time benefitting those who pay the tax to fund their polishing time or alternatively may motivate them to try to get a job they'd prefer to do.
User avatar
Yoda
Initiate
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby Shan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Yoda wrote:
There are of course a number of people out there who are trying to get work and can't find anything suitable and others who simply can't work, however problem is, there are a number who would not bother to apply for such jobs as they are quite happy to "polish their ring at your expense". Therefore maybe suggesting they'll have to do these crappy tasks to earn their benefits will either get them off their ring for a short period of time benefitting those who pay the tax to fund their polishing time or alternatively may motivate them to try to get a job they'd prefer to do.


I'd love if you could explain where all these jobs are going to come from. Neither Govts in free market economies nor markets themselves have been able to manage it for decades. The only countries in the last 100 years which had full employment were ones without free markets.

In Ireland during the so called boom we had approx 4% unemployment. That was, I think, 97k on the live register. Now of course the live register is only one measurement but that is considered full employment in any country. There are always folk who cannot work for one reason or another. One of those reasons is illiteracy. Yeah I know it is shocking in this day and age that folk in Ireland or in Great Britain could be illiterate but they exist all the same. Some folk get left behind by the machine of the public education system or is just caught in the system-engineered partial social fallout. Imagine a guy who was born in the middle of a sink estate to a family who have been existing on social welfare for years. Neither parent can read or write and do not have the knowledge to know how advantageous such a thing we take for granted is so he is never offered the type of encouragement which would be needed growing up in such an enviroment of hopelessness. Now he has been existing for 30 years himself on social welfare but suddenly there is a jobs boom like we've never seen before. What is this poor ba£tard who has been abandoned by society suposed to do? He is already lost and so are his children without some serious investment. Why bother with such investment when you can just throw him a 180 euro a week for his adult life which helps to keep the frowning levels among the polite folk at levels well enough to keep them distracted from the real harm being done to society overall.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9810
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby AyeYerMa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Shan wrote: What is this poor ba£tard who has been abandoned by society suposed to do?


In the recent past the stock answer was to select a slightly less poor ba£tard of a vaguely different political persuasion or creed, bind their wrists with a coat hanger, pop their head into a double thickness of plastic bin bag and then pop a couple of nine mil rounds into the back of said head.

I believe that once you've expended about half a dozen each of 9mm and bin bags (the coat hanger is reusable) that people will be willing to pay you a small stipend not to do it to them.

The popularity of this particular endeavour has wained somewhat of late, but I can see it making a comeback.

If a few of the initial subjects were SERCO employees it might even gain widespread support in some quarters.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
User avatar
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Location: Belshaft, Norn Iron

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

Login

Username:

Password:


Remember Me
Hide Me
Register
Image
Image
Check out our latest T-Shirts for all the family!!
The UAFC Shop
Image

Polls

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
2
3%


Louis Ludik
25
40%


Darren Cave
3
5%


Stuart McCloskey
0
0%


Stuart Olding
0
0%


Rob Lyttle
1
2%


Charles Piutau
4
6%


Paddy Jackson
18
29%


Ruan Pienaar
2
3%


Andy Warwick
0
0%


Callum Black
0
0%


Rob Herring
0
0%


Rory Best
0
0%


Rodney Ah You
3
5%


Ross Kane
0
0%


Alan O'Connor
0
0%


Peter Browne
0
0%


Franco van der Merwe
0
0%


Iain Henderson
0
0%


Sean Reidy
3
5%


Roger Wilson
1
2%


Clive Ross
1
2%


 
Total votes : 63

View topic

!-- Piwik -->