A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Dave »

It wouldn't stop the shootings. They would target somewhere else, if indeed it did work as a preventative. The other thing is, how long before a teacher whacks a kid. US public schools are wild AF.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:It wouldn't stop the shootings. They would target somewhere else, if indeed it did work as a preventative. The other thing is, how long before a teacher whacks a kid. US public schools are wild AF.
It would be like a the gunfight at the OK Corral
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:Giving a teacher a handgun leaves them the first target of someone with a semi automatic, teacher will have to look, think and draw gun while attacker comes in ready for first shot, won't stop a fruitcake disgruntled pupil or former pupil from creating havoc in a classroom and chances of a teacher hitting someone at a distance with a handgun is pretty negligible, it's not the movies where the bad guy gets dropped straight between the eyes while running at 50m with a handgun.
But apparently these people are 'cowards' so they'll be put off.
Oh right so that solves the problem, just give everyone a gun then no one will shoot anyone as they are all cowards
Works with Nukes so why not. #MAGA

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Labour MP to table Bill at Westminster to extend same-sex marriage to Northern Ireland

A Labour MP is to table a Private Members Bill at Westminster proposing the extension of same-sex marriage to Northern Ireland.

Conor McGinn, who is originally from Co. Armagh, plans to introduce a Ten Minute Rule Bill on the issue at the end of March.

The MP for St Helens in Merseyside said people in Northern Ireland “can’t wait for their basic rights any longer”.

He wants Westminster to take action given the current political impasse in the North, with the Bill expected to be introduced on March 28.

Speaking on the BBC’s Daily Politics programme, Mr McGinn said: “My preference would be for a fully-functioning power-sharing Executive and Assembly to do this but people can't wait for their basic rights any longer.

“And that’s why I’ve take the decision, along with my colleagues in the Labour Party and others I’m sure, to push through this at Westminster.”

There have been five attempts to introduce same-sex marriage through the Northern Ireland Assembly.

The latest vote in November 2015 was the first to receive a majority vote in favour, but was blocked by a DUP petition of concern.

Asked if handing the decision to Westminster would have repercussions in the North, Mr McGinn refuted suggestions the matter was a sectarian issue.

He also said that the DUP can’t complain if Westminster acts on equal marriage, given they have themselves called for direct rule while the stalemate in the North continues.

“This is not about people being Unionist or Nationalist, it’s not even about people being gay or being married, it’s about people being equal,” said Mr McGinn.

“If my constituents of the same sex who love their partner can get married in St Helens, if people can in Cardiff and in Edinburgh and in Dublin, then they should be able to do so in Belfast as well.”

Secretary of State Karen Bradley has said MPs would be given a free vote on the Bill and that the Conservative Party won't whip the vote “on matters of conscience such as equal marriage”.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Oh dear there are going to be some really sour looking faces on the DUP
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Rooster wrote:Oh dear there are going to be some really sour looking faces on the DUP
On the outside yes but they may use it to their advantage as well. They can vote against and keep face. It takes = marriage out of the SF equality portfolio leaving just the Irish language. A much easier argument to hold the line against in any future elections.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:
Rooster wrote:Oh dear there are going to be some really sour looking faces on the DUP
On the outside yes but they may use it to their advantage as well. They can vote against and keep face. It takes = marriage out of the SF equality portfolio leaving just the Irish language. A much easier argument to hold the line against in any future elections.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Oh yes that is certainly true and no doubt SF will be hoping of something going through as well, between them get all the stuff they don't want to be seen making decisions on passed then they can go back and argue about some other trivial matter while the country falls apart around them.
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This government has just ignored opposition bills and will continue to do so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Sadly nothing will change until the money is removed from mericun politics. The NRA funded the orange one to the tune of $30m so obviously they have have his nuts in a vice. Him and the rest of the republican party. Out of idle curiosity I ventured on to the NRA website to find out exactly what they are about. The market themselves as the largest civil rights organisation in the US. Obviously don't give a rats ass about the victims right to live. Shower of subhuman cnuts.
I think it's even more sinister that that. Trump has indeed been bought and paid for by the NRA. The worrying thing is that for a massive number of american voters their right to own guns is so embedded in their psyche and national identity that it is their number one issue when they vote. More important that the lives of the innocent. Its a massive problem and one of the big drawbacks of a written constitution and Bill of Rights.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:Sadly nothing will change until the money is removed from mericun politics. The NRA funded the orange one to the tune of $30m so obviously they have have his nuts in a vice. Him and the rest of the republican party. Out of idle curiosity I ventured on to the NRA website to find out exactly what they are about. The market themselves as the largest civil rights organisation in the US. Obviously don't give a rats ass about the victims right to live. Shower of subhuman cnuts.
I think it's even more sinister that that. Trump has indeed been bought and paid for by the NRA. The worrying thing is that for a massive number of american voters their right to own guns is so embedded in their psyche and national identity that it is their number one issue when they vote. More important that the lives of the innocent. Its a massive problem and one of the big drawbacks of a written constitution and Bill of Rights.
Yip, the only way to make changes is to modernize the 2nd amendment. There's no point tinkering at the edges, or deliberately misinterpreting it in the supreme court.

Ain't going to get that level of support across the union though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Yip, the only way to make changes is to modernize the 2nd amendment. There's no point tinkering at the edges, or deliberately misinterpreting it in the supreme court.

Ain't going to get that level of support across the union though.
It's a deeply troubling problem for them and there is no easy fix. The well intentioned founders have had their second amendment overtaken by developments they could not have foreseen.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Our politicians telling lies again, surely not >threaten
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43264995
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hear from a pretty reliable source that Mr Arlene Foster got a good digging in the barracks down in Omagh recently, he was apparently, though not having been there I cannot swear to it, involved in a bit of a bigoted exchange with a fellow officer who in response bate the head off him.

My source is an uninvolved officer who has experience of Mrs Fascist who told the father of an ex-girlfriend of my man, "do you know your daughter is going out with a dirty Fenian", albeit that was when she was in her last year at school, I don't have any sense that her opinions have changed.

#notmy1stminister .........................I'm as good as Spanish. Ole.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

You'd have to be hard hearted to not feel a little sorry for the Spanish.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Our politicians telling lies again, surely not >threaten
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43264995
Do you expect politicians to tell the truth? Any who do are usually deselected by the clownish voters.