All Ireland Finals

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All Ireland Finals

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:Dubs will likely take Mayo to the cleaners tomorrow. Hope not though as a good competitive game would be great.
Can't see any other outcome really.
A lot of us thought Scarlets would win last night, they didn't :D perhaps.......
That's kind of ballix though. The only way someone could have thought that Scarlets would beat Ulster in Ravenhill is if they really believed that Ulster is not a decent team. The reality is that Ulster should always expect to beat everybody at home, with the exception of Leinster and Munster who are obviously better teams over the last 10 years or so.......and Glasgow maybe can be included as well.

Munster should always expect to beat everybody at home, with the possible exception of Leinster and Leinster should think their only threat at home is Munster. It certainly is an annoyance to me when Munster are beaten at home by anyone other than Leinster.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bog ball no interest in a sectarian sport, one that actively is bigoted by its nature.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Oh ah GAA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5946UyLWG ... e=youtu.be

On up for the match in 1993
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kofi Annan wrote:Bog ball no interest in a sectarian sport, one that actively is bigoted by its nature.
Keeps the GAWAs away.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

damianmcr wrote:Oh ah GAA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5946UyLWG ... e=youtu.be

On up for the match in 1993
Derry's finest. Jaysus. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:Bog ball no interest in a sectarian sport, one that actively is bigoted by its nature.
Interested enough to make a dumb comment though. What are ya fecking like. :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Even the gaa boys are saying "look" at the start of every sentence when being interviewed now.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shan wrote:
Interested enough to make a dumb comment though. What are ya fecking like. :lol:
Shan, can you show me some examples of were the GAA is trying to inclusive, I can show you plenty of examples were they are not. Sectarian to the core. UR bend over backwards ( which I have to say sickens me as rugby always was inclusive) to go to non traditional schools ie Them ums schools , I don't see a real effort by the GAA.

Shan, I once went to a County Final, interesting I was in the area nothing to do so I popped in to watch the game, paid my punts, anyway as I was on holihocks I was in a pair of shorts and a rugby shirt, the brad pitt I got from GAA types was unreal, made as welcome as a fart in a space suit.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote: UR bend over backwards ( which I have to say sickens me as rugby always was inclusive) to go to non traditional schools ie Them ums schools
Why does it sicken you :scratch:

I wouldn't argue that rugby was not already inclusive, but surely, to actively address a perception which may exist in nationalist (and possibly in working class unionist) communities cannot be a bad thing?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Social experiment: wear a GAA top to a gawa game.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:
Shan, can you show me some examples of were the GAA is trying to inclusive, I can show you plenty of examples were they are not. Sectarian to the core. UR bend over backwards ( which I have to say sickens me as rugby always was inclusive) to go to non traditional schools ie Them ums schools , I don't see a real effort by the GAA.

Shan, I once went to a County Final, interesting I was in the area nothing to do so I popped in to watch the game, paid my punts, anyway as I was on holihocks I was in a pair of shorts and a rugby shirt, the brad pitt I got from GAA types was unreal, made as welcome as a fart in a space suit.
http://jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Jerom ... elfast-532

We could all tell stories of times we faced moronic fools. I could detail things which happened when rugby clubs from here went up to play clubs in Northern Ireland. However I can't be bothered with all that as I know that no matter what we and how much we progress there are always going to be blinkered backward f-ckwits who want to mire themselves in their self-constructed world of sh1te where they can play the victim all day long.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Listened to first half commentary. Clifford.. Clifford... Clifford!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kerry destroying Derry in the minor final.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Kerry destroying Derry in the minor final.
Aye, feck them, they may be good at bog ball but they don't have great walls like Derry.

If you're ever up that way give me a shout, I've a great ould mate, looks like a biblical prophet and makes a crust to top up his bank pension by being a top class tour guide on the walls.

He is also a bugger for good stout and a great time would be had by all. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: .

Anyway, I'm so interested in the GAA, I'm away to cut the grass before the new week brings a few fresh deluges.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Shan wrote:Kerry destroying Derry in the minor final.
>6shooter