All Ireland Finals

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All Ireland Finals

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan wrote:Langers beaten. Limerick march on to the final. A good day.
Does anyone here care apart from yerself
Always preferable to F1
The only thing it would be a close run thing about would be whether you hated F1 or Hockey on Ice the most.

That said I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Bogball & an almost infinitesimally greater interest in Hurlybah, which is to say if I were in a pub in Limerick and it was on the bax, I'd stay long enough to finish my pint.

Paddybastard games, feck'em.

Right, I'm away out to buy my Atlético Madrid top ready for the new season. Let's hope we stick it to those Catalan ballixes and the noisy neighbours again this season. The only team to win La Liga other than those two in the last 15 years.

Atlético is my natural home, they are regarded as the rough diamonds, pretty much-unloved outside of their own city, constantly up against the Munster & Leinster of Spanish football .............. an Ulsterman could do worse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The two All Ireland hurling semi finals just played at the weekend were extraordinary sporting occasions. Full of athletic ability and tense to the last moment. Gah football is a rubbish game of pulling and dragging that bores me, but hurling is very special.
I am daring to go to Ballycastle up your way for our bank holiday weekend :duck: visiting the Titanic en route.
Is it possible to watch the hurling replay up there on TV?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote:The two All Ireland hurling semi finals just played at the weekend were extraordinary sporting occasions. Full of athletic ability and tense to the last moment. Gah football is a rubbish game of pulling and dragging that bores me, but hurling is very special.
I am daring to go to Ballycastle up your way for our bank holiday weekend :duck: visiting the Titanic en route.
Is it possible to watch the hurling replay up there on TV?
Should be. Ballycastle and the Glens is something of a hurling hotspot in the North. If you wait until our public holiday you could take in the Auld Lammas Fair.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:
I don't know.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
theodddropgoal
Novice

Post by theodddropgoal »

I care Shan.
Two terrific games played in a decent spirit. Both exciting right to the final whistle. A great advert for sport generally, let alone hurling. One of my regrets has been that I was never able to attempt to play football (GAA) in my youth.(If the IRA hadn't of shot me the UDA certainly would have) Now I wish I could have hurled. Good luck to Clare,my favourite county of your 26.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I don't know.
Kofi's disgust [most likely] stems from the change in rule 42 that allowed soccer and rugby to be played in croke park.
If you remember most opposition to the change came from Ulster.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:
Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I don't know.
Kofi's disgust [most likely] stems from the change in rule 42 that allowed soccer and rugby to be played in croke park.
Kofi is well able to speak for himself of course, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Kofi's distaste comes from the GAA being the Sporting wing of the RA.

Ask Peadar Heffron.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
I don't know.
Kofi is well able to speak for himself of course, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Kofi's distaste comes from the GAA being the Sporting wing of the RA.

Ask Peadar Heffron.
Enjoy the wanda, meanwhile :
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/0 ... save-video
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Going to be an Ulster team in the football final this year. Monaghan's comfortable win over Galway in Salthill this evening means they'll face one of Donegal or Tyrone in the semi-final next Sunday.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cormac wrote:Going to be an Ulster team in the football final this year. Monaghan's comfortable win over Galway in Salthill this evening means they'll face one of Donegal or Tyrone in the semi-final next Sunday.
Ulster surge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cormac wrote:Going to be an Ulster team in the football final this year. Monaghan's comfortable win over Galway in Salthill this evening means they'll face one of Donegal or Tyrone in the semi-final next Sunday
I'm as excited about that as I am about the hockey. :sleeping:
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cormac wrote:Going to be an Ulster team in the football final this year. Monaghan's comfortable win over Galway in Salthill this evening means they'll face one of Donegal or Tyrone in the semi-final next Sunday
He has a point about gaelic football, it's a dog's dinner of a game.
Hockey does nothing for me either as a game but I'm certainly going to watch today's game.
It's partly an Irish thing, if Ireland were in the world cup final of dressage, I'd probably watch that too.
But it's also the David v Goliath aspect. That's what had me supporting Croatia in the World Cup final.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
He has a point about gaelic football, it's a dog's dinner of a game.
Hockey does nothing for me either as a game but I'm certainly going to watch today's game.
It's partly an Irish thing, if Ireland were in the world cup final of dressage, I'd probably watch that too.
But it's also the David v Goliath aspect. That's what had me supporting Croatia in the World Cup final.
Sure, Donegal or Tyrone will effectively be in the world cup final of bogball. There should also be a Dáiví agus Góiliat element.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Daithi is Irish for David.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jetstream wrote:Daithi is Irish for David.
I knew that. Just testing to see if any of youse non Gaels would spot that.
Big Neville Southall