My seasonal "summer" thread.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: My seasonal "summer" thread.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bootlaced wrote:Trying to get cheap seasoned logs,hopefully demand will be down and someone will even deliver them to the door.

I hear there are some seasoned logs blocking trap 2, I'd imagine UR may pay you to take them away. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mock not ye who is playing "my little pony" this summer! >threaten

Come the winter a man is happy that he had the foresight to go into his wood and drop a few trees and lay them out to season. Come the first frosts it nice to fire up the chain saw and take a flask of Tay into the wood and put in the logs for the winter.
Aaaaah, the simple joys of cultchieism. One doesn't have a working fireplace in the modern Gold Coast home. Gas dahling, gas, not that filthy smokey stuff.................so last century. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Indiana
Novice

Post by Indiana »

bootlaced wrote:
Indiana wrote:Off to see a re-enactment of the battle of Waterloo in June, then speaking at a couple of conferences in Vienna in July, then I have got two friends from California over in August who want to see the best of Ireland so any good suggestions greatly received.

What sort of things are they into?
Food drink and history. I can always do the obvious stuff but I fancy something different
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain
Indiana
Novice

Post by Indiana »

Kofi Annan wrote:Transfer-Siberian railway journey with the better half, looking forward to three weeks of good food , wine with the occasional vodka chucked in.
Aw Hey Kofi sounds great, enjoy!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Indiana wrote:
bootlaced wrote:
Indiana wrote:Off to see a re-enactment of the battle of Waterloo in June, then speaking at a couple of conferences in Vienna in July, then I have got two friends from California over in August who want to see the best of Ireland so any good suggestions greatly received.

What sort of things are they into?
Food drink and history. I can always do the obvious stuff but I fancy something different
Check out Newgrange close to the Boyne valley, and there is some nice gastro pubs around there.
Last edited by bootlaced on Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Kofi Annan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Rome/Naples in June; Spain in July; as much time as possible watching the Ashes.

What from the burning logs, boring

Its amazing how much the grass can grow in 5 days when you watch it really closely :lol:
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: My seasonal

Post by bootlaced »

ColinM wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Rome/Naples in June; Spain in July; as much time as possible watching the Ashes.

What from the burning logs, boring

Its amazing how much the grass can grow in 5 days when you watch it really closely :lol:

Aye it grows even more when you take your eyes off it.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Indiana
Novice

Post by Indiana »

What sort of things are they into?[/quote]

Food drink and history. I can always do the obvious stuff but I fancy something different[/quote]

Check out Newgrange close to the Boyne valley, and there is some nice gastro pubs around there.[/quote]

Good shout cheers BL

Mark Twain
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Saving up to go to two semi-finals and two finals next year.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes yes yes, chaps you say you ate going to USA but are you or are you going to Disneyland? That is the question.

although it has the odd thing to commend it, the state of Florida doesn't count. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Ulster Grand Prix at Dundrod 17 August
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

So summer score was one gramophone, one radio, 3 Primus stoves, partially complete Tilley lamp & a one gramophone and one Primus awaiting my attention.

SWMBo had the discoutesy to do something stupid which means she can't walk or stand much... As a result we haven't been out of NI all summer. I'm developing a form of cabin fever.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Indiana wrote:What sort of things are they into?
Food drink and history. I can always do the obvious stuff but I fancy something different[/quote]

Check out Newgrange close to the Boyne valley, and there is some nice gastro pubs around there.[/quote]

Good shout cheers BL[/quote]
First visit to Newgrange and Knowth the day. Been meaning to go for about 30 years and never got round to it.

Absolutely amazing place. Well deserved of it's world heritage status.

Also did the Battle of the Boyne heritage place. Bit underwhelming to be honest. Certainly didn't learn anything new but it's a lovely place for a dander. One bonus was that it is free in 1st Wednesday of every month and you don't even have to show your lodge no. :oman:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

At the 300th anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne a chap from work, with affiliations to the Sandy Row Lodge, knocked up some EU Water Inspectorate badges and him and his mates headed south. They gathered water from the Boyne under the pretense of taking samples for analysis. The water was subsequently poured down Sandy Row on the 12th morning so the bretheren could symbolically cross the Boyne .
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

This summer I intend to drink a case of San Miguel and continually urinate in the middle of Lisburn High Street so people can reinact the sinking of the Spanish Armada in the summer of 1588 in my p1ss puddle.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’d have stayed in England if I’d known it was going to get this bloody warm.

No wonder my ice cream dripped down my arm in Newtonards today.