What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:She is known to be racist.
Does that make her shows less funny than they already are?
They're shyte
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Let's face it Baggy, you would be happy enough with her being banned from TV on the basis that she supported Trump, regardless of what she may have twatted in recent days.
Not strictly ............or even remotely true. I think you may have misunderstood me all these years, I am generally for freedom of speech, generally against things being banned, but if they are necessary to support public decency, I'll wear them.

Supporting Trump makes someone one of two things, 1) a moron 2) someone who is pretty wealthy who thinks Trump will enhance their net worth. It does not necessarily make them unfit for general consumption.

What Ms Barr has tweeted makes her just a fu'cking horrible racist cu'nt.

I hope this clarifies matters to your complete satisfaction.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Let's face it Baggy, you would be happy enough with her being banned from TV on the basis that she supported Trump, regardless of what she may have twatted in recent days.
Not strictly ............or even remotely true. I think you may have misunderstood me all these years, I am generally for freedom of speech, generally against things being banned, but if they are necessary to support public decency, I'll wear them.

Supporting Trump makes someone one of two things, 1) a moron 2) someone who is pretty wealthy who thinks Trump will enhance their net worth. It does not necessarily make them unfit for general consumption.

Fair enough.

I'm not sure that being a horrible racist twunt should barr (swidt) her from having a sitcom on tele, but I could see why ratings may drop/advertisers may baulk.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Never like her or thought she was funny anyway, no loss.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The maker of Ambien said "racism is not a known side effect" after Roseanne Barr cited the drug in explaining the tweet that led ABC to cancel her show. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Fair enough.

I'm not sure that being a horrible racist twunt should barr (swidt) her from having a sitcom on tele, but I could see why ratings may drop/advertisers may baulk.
Indeed, a smell of controversy and advertisers in America run for the hills. There have been several examples already this year.

I was highly amused that she blames the drug Ambien for her outbursts on Twatter, the response of the makers of Ambien was priceless - "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Indeed, a smell of controversy and advertisers in America run for the hills. There have been several examples already this year.
And not just in America ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see Trump is crying because he didn't get any apologies from ABC. What a langer he is.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote:
Tighty wrote:The Bridge and The killing are excellent as is the Icelandic drama ,' Trapped'.

Also liked the first series of Borgen , but didnt think the later series was as good.

Moving to 'Southern climes', I like 'Inspector Montalbano' which is set in Sicily...plots nowhere near as intricate as Nordic Noir stuff but still a good wheeze.
The Bridge and The Killing are both excellent. The final season of the Bridge will be on BBC2 later in the year (no date announced yet). Borgen was good also, who would have thought Danish politics was so interesting. It did tail off a bit in the last Season (no3).

Wallander was a very good detective series set in Southern Sweden also. The current Walter Presents show - Rebecka Martinsson on More 4, set in snowy Northern Sweden has potential.

Not a huge fan of 'Inspector Montalbano', any time I have watched it - surprised he gets any police work done, either having long lunches or multiple cups of coffee!
The finale of the Bridge has not been a let down.

Subtitled stuff is great because you actually have to concentrate on it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Tighty wrote:The Bridge and The killing are excellent as is the Icelandic drama ,' Trapped'.

Also liked the first series of Borgen , but didnt think the later series was as good.

Moving to 'Southern climes', I like 'Inspector Montalbano' which is set in Sicily...plots nowhere near as intricate as Nordic Noir stuff but still a good wheeze.
The Bridge and The Killing are both excellent. The final season of the Bridge will be on BBC2 later in the year (no date announced yet). Borgen was good also, who would have thought Danish politics was so interesting. It did tail off a bit in the last Season (no3).

Wallander was a very good detective series set in Southern Sweden also. The current Walter Presents show - Rebecka Martinsson on More 4, set in snowy Northern Sweden has potential.

Not a huge fan of 'Inspector Montalbano', any time I have watched it - surprised he gets any police work done, either having long lunches or multiple cups of coffee!

Tonight’s episode was a step up in class. Excellent final series. Saga is a great character.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Lucifer, I’d wang half the cast.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Tonight’s episode was a step up in class. Excellent final series. Saga is a great character.
And a decent ending.

I want John the IT guy to get a spin off show.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Last night’s the Bridge finale was excellent. John getting it on with the Danish IT person was a fun side story.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Another good Belgian offering on More4.

Code37:Sex Crimes

Something very nasty happened to an obnoxious lawyer this week.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just finished watching Finnish crime thriller Dark Wind. Good show on Netflix.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!