What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What are you watching?

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:Anybody watch Derrygirls?
Some great lines but I thought it was mostly average enough. The press seem to have loved it, even across the water.
Average is about right.

Miles better than No 2s but miles short of Father Ted which is the gold standard for Irish sitcoms.

Some of the acting was pretty dire but there were a few good lines in there alright. First one is always going to be a bit of a scene setter so might be worth another go.

Wonder what the typical Lionel in the street thought of it? A lot of the gags would have been straight over their heads.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Decent enough. There hasn't been a decent sitcom for a while.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Decent enough. There hasn't been a decent sitcom for a while.
Don't think there's ever been a really decent one to come out of NI. Everything produced here always seems a bit AmDram.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

MY BACK! Some Lackeys on this board.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:MY BACK! Some Lackeys on this board.
You been found out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
Some great lines but I thought it was mostly average enough. The press seem to have loved it, even across the water.
Average is about right.

Miles better than No 2s but miles short of Father Ted which is the gold standard for Irish sitcoms.

Some of the acting was pretty dire but there were a few good lines in there alright. First one is always going to be a bit of a scene setter so might be worth another go.

Wonder what the typical Lionel in the street thought of it? A lot of the gags would have been straight over their heads.
I couldn't hear it because Mrs justinr73 was laughing too loudly.

That said, i thought it was better than most new stuff these days but comparisons with the Inbetweeners were a bit generous.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Average is about right.

I couldn't hear it because Mrs justinr73 was laughing too loudly.
The second and third episodes are the real test. Did the first episode use up all the good material or is it just getting warmed up? We'll give it another go. I'm not expecting a new Father Ted, it can't be as dreadful as Number Twos, but a new Give My Head Peace would raise a smile or two at least.

That said, i thought it was better than most new stuff these days but comparisons with the Inbetweeners were a bit generous.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

No,Give My Head Piece is bloody dreadful. Always was. One of the most embarrassing things to come out of this statelet and that's saying something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tommy wasn't bad on Getaways.

We haven't had much by way of holiday shows since Judith Chalmers hung up her cossie.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

justinr73 wrote:Tommy wasn't bad on Getaways.

We haven't had much by way of holiday shows since Judith Chalmers hung up her cossie.
Boils my pi$h. What is Tommy? A rugby player or a TV presenter? How can he be both, especially when we obviously lack basic skills.

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Currently enjoying many but The Crown season 2 is very good.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackie Brown wrote:

Boils my pi$h. What is Tommy? A rugby player or a TV presenter? How can he be both, especially when we obviously lack basic skills.

Yeah, amazing how UR let him go to Cannes this week wasn't it? :scratch:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:

Calm down dear, filmed last summer. His line "always difficult to defend against Saracens" almost saw me turn it off but I struggled through it.

I still hate thon dick who was off down the Shannon in a boat with his missus. I bought him a Christmas present
kickinthedick.jpg
kickinthedick.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 604 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wise up, these things are always live.