What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you watching?

Post by againstthehead »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Just watched the first two episodes of Department Q, BBC4, Saturday night. If you like your crime dramas down and dirty then this Danish masterpiece is a must. It gets Mum's FB certificate. (Fecking brilliant!)
Ooh, interesting. Might give that a bash. Reading a bit Jo Nesbo at the minute so might enjoy that.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Just watched the first two episodes of Department Q, BBC4, Saturday night. If you like your crime dramas down and dirty then this Danish masterpiece is a must. It gets Mum's FB certificate. (Fecking brilliant!)
It is very good, bit grim and dark at times but gets the Image
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

just watched that Dep Q and nearly shat me pants this evening. Cool show - thanks guys.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This tape stuff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Enjoyed the Rat Pack last night about snooker in the 80s and focussing on the Higgins Davis rivalry. Thought the 2 lads did a great job portraying the protagonists particularly Higgins. Very funny and poignant at times but still maintained a feel of authenticity.

Saw Davis talking about Higgins yesterday, and he was actually moved to tears, which isn't what you'd expect.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Neill_M wrote:
I thought it was just a one off and didn't realise is was a series so watched the rest. possibly the best drama I have watched on tv. Absolutely superb.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Silicon Valley started on Monday again on Sky Atlantic, it's brilliant. Likewise working my way through Big Little Lies, Narcos and Black Mirror all of which are also great
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Finished Bosch S3 there. I enjoyed it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

againstthehead wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
I thought it was just a one off and didn't realise is was a series so watched the rest. possibly the best drama I have watched on tv. Absolutely superb.
Watched the 3rd one. Quality stuff, v dark at times as is the norm for this programme it seems Image
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:Enjoyed the Rat Pack last night about snooker in the 80s and focussing on the Higgins Davis rivalry. Thought the 2 lads did a great job portraying the protagonists particularly Higgins. Very funny and poignant at times but still maintained a feel of authenticity.

Saw Davis talking about Higgins yesterday, and he was actually moved to tears, which isn't what you'd expect.
While we're on snooker, I watched the Davis v Taylor 'rematch' again yesterday. Hilarious. No doubt you've seen in Mac, here's the link for anyone who hasn't. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDgme-cbj-k
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Neill_M wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Watched the 3rd one. Quality stuff, v dark at times as is the norm for this programme it seems Image
Just watched the first one last night and enjoyed it hugely. This forum can be useful occasionally!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Has that doctor on Masterchef cooked anything other than curry? She'd down to the last 6.

I reckon I've managed Asian, French, Italian, Mexican, Italian, English and Irish in a week on several occasions.

My family seem to think I'm getting married to Alison. Wrong side of the border and not as good a cook. I'll leave you to work out which lady I mean....
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Flew through Silicon Valley in the past week. Its an excellent show.

Anyone tried American Gods? Its crazy.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Stumbled across this last night. If this doesn't cheer you up, nothing will.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIv3kc3p3I
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watched Shawshank Redemption last night

Question who put the cupcake back up on the wall after Andy escaped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist