ASK THE EXPERT

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rocket
Novice

Re: ASK THE EXPERT

Post by Rocket »

Dear Baggy I hope this is not a stupid question but what does the term a "warren gatland" mean? I think I missed the start and just want to ensure I am up to speed.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rocket wrote:Dear Baggy I hope this is not a stupid question but what does the term a "warren gatland" mean? I think I missed the start and just want to ensure I am up to speed.
Quite simple Rocket. A Warren Garland is a euphemism for a front-crozier
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

How many experts are on this thread, and how does thee expert cut the wheat from the chaff
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Kofi Annan wrote:...how does thee expert cut the wheat from the chaff
Wheat from chaff is not cut Kofi, but separated by other means.

But maybe I should have left that for the expert.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rocket wrote:Dear Baggy I hope this is not a stupid question but what does the term a "warren gatland" mean? I think I missed the start and just want to ensure I am up to speed.
A Warren Gatland is the censor's idea of the slang name for a vagina, otherwise known as the C-word. You may or may not have been lucky enough to see my beautifully worded insult to that dullard, Against, last Friday eventide perfect use of the C-word though it did upset a few chubes, led by poor Jackie Brown, the most hated man on the Saracens forum.

Rocket, you've been helped.

Just in case the explanation isn;t clear enough, he is a picture clue.
dylan.jpg
dylan.jpg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Is that Hartley or Ashton ... or perhaps Hartley after he's eaten Ashton?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi, as far as I am aware I am the only certified "Expert" here, albeit it's a case of self-certification. When setting up this help site I did suggest that other wise men may provide answers.

After all Kofi, one may be an Expert on a wide range of everyday confusions, but one does not own the site, one cannot set the rules stating "other would be experts, feck off", anyway I like Big Merv, top bloke.
BaggyTrousers wrote:No matter how stupid it makes you feel or how trivial you believe it to be, just ask the expert and I will get you a full and frank reply.

Easier than Google
More reliable than Wikipedia

Have a go if you think yer up for some education. Whether the wonders of the golf swing, rugby, the wonders of the universe, whatever you like. If you seek the opinion of one more qualified to give it than you you've found the right place.

Who knows, others may even have enough wit to provide answers.

Like the Fosters ads only more righteous.
Mind you, I have no recall of the specific Fosters ad. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:It's the one with the two Aussie blokes drinking fosters in the beach hut and some numpty rings in asking for advice like is it ok to wear budgie smugglers at a pool party.

http://youtu.be/8kCdMfP-gQg

You have been helped.
Expertly replied young man. >EW
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jackie Brown, the most hated man on the Saracens forum.

Could there be higher praise of any individual? Congrats Jackie.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Jackie Brown, the most hated man on the Saracens forum.

Could there be higher praise of any individual? Congrats Jackie.
Probably a statement rather than question Shan, but as an expert, I'm duty bound to give my opinion anyway.

Yes of course there is. Jackie seems to all intents and purposes a decent bloke & I'm sure underneath it he is. However, not only is he despised by Sarries but I understand he is viewed as a clown, more to be pitied than scorned, on Munsterfans.

Further I find him a hypocrite on the "sweary word" issue, reporting posts whilst using swearing himself.

My expert opinion is that young Jackie has much to learn and is unlikely to be kindly viewed by visiting fans of ANY club.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Now, some advice rather than a reply.

What a beautiful week on the North Down Gold Coast. For the last 2 mornings I have spent my recovery time after the Leicester weekend on the beach at Crawfordsburn with my daughter & 3 dogs.

Lovely sunny mornings but a tad chilly. Nevertheless never forget your protection, skin can't be looked after too well. My recommendation for this week is slap on the sun screen
factorD.png
factorD.png (176.85 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

I had initially thought 'Gatland' was UAFC code for one who enjoys "pulling his own pipe."

I write the above as an explanation for the word I am about to write below (so as to see what UAFC translates said word to):

banker.
It's the hope that kills you.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Ah.
It's the hope that kills you.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Baggy, help me out please. Since you posted above that you have three dogs you must know your stuff about such an animal

I'm thinking about purchasing a new dog myself? Which one should I get?
The first ones name is Kofi...
The second ones name is Russ...

Please help, I can't decide :scratch:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (252.77 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Russ is a fantastic name for a dog. Friend is looking to offload some border collies. Corbet Lough area

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk