1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 28 users online :: 8 registered, 1 hidden and 19 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], LegsLikeSausages, nonplussed, SemrushBot, volvo, YandexBot

Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 653352
Total topics 19077
Total members 2925
Our newest member Lamboson

Birthdays

Congratulations to: KenDoddsDadsDogsDead (55)

Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

• Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Re: Cricket season

Postby big mervyn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 am

The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 am

I'm always somewhat bemused by the charge of "bringing the game into disrepute". I neither believe that the game of cricket was on trial nor that the two young gentlemen brought the game of rugby into disrepute. In both cases the trial participants themselves were brought into disrepute, through their own actions, a lying bitch or the DPP, take your pick.

My impression of Stokes is that he seems a rightcunt, quick with his fists, apparently attempted to bribe the doorman and beyond question is one very ugly ginger. He may be talented, so what?
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby big mervyn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 am

Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 pm

big mervyn wrote:Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.

Hale's or Hales'?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby big mervyn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.

Hale's or Hales'?

It occurred to me to go back and apostrophize at the time but I was on a wee footery phone at the time and couldn't be ar$ed.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:05 pm

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:

Hale's or Hales'?

It occurred to me to go back and apostrophize at the time but I was on a wee footery phone at the time and couldn't be ar$ed.

So which?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby justinr73 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:00 pm

big mervyn wrote:The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.

Freddie got a one match suspension and lost the VC iirc following his nautical adventures in the West Indies.

I’ve always felt slightly guilty about that because I did buy him his second drink of the evening.
justinr73
Warrior Assassin

Postby big mervyn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm

justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.

Freddie got a one match suspension and lost the VC iirc following his nautical adventures in the West Indies.

I’ve always felt slightly guilty about that because I did buy him his second drink of the evening.

Back in the day, Beefy probably ended up in a few scrapes not dissimilar to Stokes' (apostrophe BR!) escapade. Changed times.

I see Stokes has gone straight back into the Test XI.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby HwoodMike2umate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Surprise surprise - rain delays start today @ Bready . https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43475
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Postby BR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:27 pm

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Back in the day, Beefy probably ended up in a few scrapes not dissimilar to Stokes' (apostrophe BR!) escapade. Changed times.

Thanks but AFAIK the west midlands city was not involved in the incident in Bristol, so there is no confusion. Unlike the Hale/Hales situation.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby big mervyn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:21 am

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Thanks but AFAIK the west midlands city was not involved in the incident in Bristol, so there is no confusion. Unlike the Hale/Hales situation.

Sorry. Hadn't twigged until you wrote that. Hales' then.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:32 am

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Sorry. Hadn't twigged until you wrote that. Hales' then.

To be fair, it was fairly clear once I watched the video.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Guys it’s much simpler if you adopt the Derry/Londonderry/MaidenCity/StrokeCity/Delhi/ LondonDelhi system whereby a business called Keyes becomes “I went down ti Keyeses hi”, hence did you see Haleses wee sly boot. :thumleft:

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby justinr73 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:15 am

Good series this but the sooner England get a decent Test match coach the better.
justinr73
Warrior Assassin

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:38 am

Is this shyte over yet? The weans are back to school. I find myself listing cricket as yet another sport I can no longer be doing with.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'