Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Cricket season

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Whatever happened to the big fight down in Waringstown?
THIS?

Waringstown II v Waringstown III - one player from each team suspended for nearly a year for having a "disagreement" in the presence official umpires?

Is that the one?
Aye

Didnt something similar happen at a north down club and both players got just a warning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It's just not cricket.

I try and keep my players on a shorter leash. We had a young quick bowler in our side once though. The batter objected to some short stuff in what was only a Business League game so our bowler proceeded to york him and enquire if that was pitched up far enough.

Am off to the Oval on Friday and Saturday.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
THIS?

Waringstown II v Waringstown III - one player from each team suspended for nearly a year for having a "disagreement" in the presence official umpires?

Is that the one?
Aye

Didnt something similar happen at a north down club and both players got just a warning
A north Down club or specifically North Down Cricket Club (in Comber)?
Either way I'm not aware of either, despite being a member of North Down. I would be surprised though if a physical altercation resulted in just a warning as the NCU has strict rules for different levels of offence. A warning would be used for a level one offence and a physical altercation is not a level one offence.

Only account I'm aware of was that the two players were unlucky that what they did was in the presence of at least one umpire who was quite right to report them, but perhaps what was more unfortunate (for them) was that all clubs had been warned about falling discipline standards only a week or two earlier, so perhaps the NCU felt they had to make an example, once a report had been received.

From report I heard (which may not be 100% accurate), the two players concerned would quite often "disagree", but are in fact quite friendly and had made up within minutes of the altercation. Hardly surprising being at the same club? Some might consider the punishment quite harsh considering the circumstances, but them's the breaks.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:It's just not cricket.

I try and keep my players on a shorter leash. We had a young quick bowler in our side once though. The batter objected to some short stuff in what was only a Business League game so our bowler proceeded to york him and enquire if that was pitched up far enough.

Glens pre season?

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
THIS?

Is that the one?
Aye

A north Down club or specifically North Down Cricket Club (in Comber)?
Either way I'm not aware of either, despite being a member of North Down. I would be surprised though if a physical altercation resulted in just a warning as the NCU has strict rules for different levels of offence. A warning would be used for a level one offence and a physical altercation is not a level one offence.

Only account I'm aware of was that the two players were unlucky that what they did was in the presence of at least one umpire who was quite right to report them, but perhaps what was more unfortunate (for them) was that all clubs had been warned about falling discipline standards only a week or two earlier, so perhaps the NCU felt they had to make an example, once a report had been received.

From report I heard (which may not be 100% accurate), the two players concerned would quite often "disagree", but are in fact quite friendly and had made up within minutes of the altercation. Hardly surprising being at the same club? Some might consider the punishment quite harsh considering the circumstances, but them's the breaks.
Family

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:It's just not cricket.

Glens pre season?

It was a close call, what with them playing Linfield an' all.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Stokes was superb today.

As good as his knock in Cape Town.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

World class wind up by Aggers on Boycs on TMS.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... than-agnew
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

You'd think the stingy old git could spare a first class ton - he got 151 after all.

Typical Yorkshireman.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Pleased for TRJ who has paid his dues in County cricket.

Nearly 3 times as many wickets as Wood at a better average, strike rate and economy rate.

Wood is a one trick pony, with his one trick actually being to do a passable impression of a pony.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I'll be off work so if I wake up next Wednesday (13.9.2017) and its not pouring I may well cycle to watch West Indies v Ireland @ Stormont. Am I likely to bump into any of you lot? I'll have me 4 Provinces fleg fluttering and various items of alcohol.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cracking day at Lords yesterday

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:World class wind up by Aggers on Boycs on TMS.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... than-agnew
Missed this completely during silly season, what a belter. Have to say I was a massive fan of Boycott as a player and like him as a commentator/expert.

I walked out of Lords at 6.05 pm, 25 minutes early, in disgust one night when Boycott got out for 92, caught & bowled by Hedley Howarth of NZ when Geoffrey looked for all money a centurion.

A week or so later we arrived to see a county game at Worksop Notts v Yorks when Geoffrey, completely out of character, brought up his century with a pull over mid-wicket straight through the front windscreen of an invalid carriage parked on the boundary. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

James Anderson :salut:

>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

1 for each hundred :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:James Anderson :salut:

>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

1 for each hundred :thumleft:
+1 >EW
I'm not arguing -