Glentoran FC

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glentoran FC

Post by ColinM »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt i should point out that they sell Irish Tricolours in the Red White & Blue
shop opposite the Con Club approx 200 yrds from the aforesaid Glenbourne Glentoran Supporters Club.

Thems just flammable ones Mike :lol:
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

gannonman wrote:Don't like football too much apart from Wigan.
No offence and each and everyone to their own but it takes something good to make me laugh out loud when reading this board but you managed it - well done that gannonman,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:
Rooster wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Indeed they do sir - scroll back up to the link i provided for the Glens website, go to the "Fans" section and you will see 11 Supporters Clubs listed. I keep meaning to pop into the Westbourne Glentoran Supporters Club in Solway Street (off Lower N'Ards Road, down the side of Russells Cellars) for a cheap pint but havent plucked up the courage yet.
Head on in with your inflatable tricolour hammer and see if they just laugh and send for the men in white coats or assist your exit via the unopened window :lol:

You honestly think he'd get within three quarters of a mile of Solway St carrying that :scratch: :D
Nope but it would cure his fascination with cheerleaders permanently :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact it might just neutralise :wink: him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

For any of you not going to Ravenhill tomorrow i should for the avoidance of any doubt point out that the
Glens are away to Carrick tomorrow. Kickoff 3pm.
The Ulster Footie public has a rite 2 no.

F*** Carrick.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Indeed they do sir - scroll back up to the link i provided for the Glens website, go to the "Fans" section and you will see 11 Supporters Clubs listed. I keep meaning to pop into the Westbourne Glentoran Supporters Club in Solway Street (off Lower N'Ards Road, down the side of Russells Cellars) for a cheap pint but havent plucked up the courage yet. Will resolve to do so soon and PUBSPY report will follow here in due course. Made do last nite with 3 post match celebratory pints of Guinness in the bar at a rather quiet Park Avenue Hotel.
Remind me to tell you sometime about my experiences with said club (albeit they were a number of years ago) - might just change your mind about venturing inside! :whistle:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Ok Cap'n - i'm reminding you NOW, so lets hear it. Spill the beans. Reveal all.

The Ulster Footie loving public and in particular possible visitors to Westbourne Glentoran Supporters Club have a rite 2 no.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Indeed they do sir - scroll back up to the link i provided for the Glens website, go to the "Fans" section and you will see 11 Supporters Clubs listed. I keep meaning to pop into the Westbourne Glentoran Supporters Club in Solway Street (off Lower N'Ards Road, down the side of Russells Cellars) for a cheap pint but havent plucked up the courage yet. Will resolve to do so soon and PUBSPY report will follow here in due course. Made do last nite with 3 post match celebratory pints of Guinness in the bar at a rather quiet Park Avenue Hotel.
Remind me to tell you sometime about my experiences with said club (albeit they were a number of years ago) - might just change your mind about venturing inside! :whistle:
Probably give Holywood a fools pardon. Although brandishing big yella fleg and/or tricolour patterned inflatable hammer may not go without chastisement on a scale Mixer Mike has not yet experienced :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

What better way to get over the depression of Ulster's defeat to Glasgow last friday night than by coming along tomorrow night (Tuesday 29th November) to the final of the County Antrim Shield at East Belfast's Premier football ground - the Oval. A mere £10 - although for the avoidance of any doubt that doesnt include a burger. At least the Glens win some trophy wear most seasons. For details of how to get tickets see the Glens website - Dawsons Newsagents at Strandtown is handy for many.
Full match report to follow on wednesday.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

And for the avoidance of any doubt it's a mere £6 for under 18's and Pensioners.
And on the website you can even download a Match Poster for FREE. Now why don't Ulster Rugby do that?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Pitch inspection at 3pm today so keep yer fingers crossed folks.
In the meantime anyone who wants to help is invited into the ground to assist getting water off the pitch - your chance to get in absolutely free to view the spendour of East Belfast's Premier Football Stadium - and you mite even get a free burger.
Have never seen as much water on the Sydenham By-pass as i saw this morning.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You all excited for the night then Mike ... got any good flegs to wave?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Union Jack in Glens colours.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Pitch inspection was at 2pm
Game on.
Get stuck into the Red sc umm.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Glentoran 1
Cliftonville 2
Think i'll skip on the full match report! Could easily have been down 0-4 by half time.
A bit depressing - in fact a bit like watching Ulster these days.
They were all over us like a rash. But we stayed to the bitter end and applauded them taking the Trophy.
And their fans were much much noisier than us. And a great range of red flags. No trouble and it didnt rain.
End of report

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Glentoran 1
Cliftonville 2
Think i'll skip on the full match report! Could easily have been down 0-4 by half time.
A bit depressing - in fact a bit like watching Ulster these days.
They were all over us like a rash. But we stayed to the bitter end and applauded them taking the Trophy.
And their fans were much much noisier than us. And a great range of red flags. No trouble and it didnt rain.
End of report

£6 well spent then Mike .. and not a burger in sight :)