Postings of a Tea Lady

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ethel
Novice

Postings of a Tea Lady

Post by Ethel »

First post and feel like the new girl to school so be gentle with me no pulling my pigtails

I have only got a few minutes as Mr McL is in today at HQ for tea without biscuits at 1030hrs ordered by the Main Man or "The Don" as he wants to be called by the staff .There is to be a serious Pow-WoW with The Don, The Hump and The Boss to get the low down on who is going to put the hand up and say its my fault for the past three weeks, Hump is trying to wiggle out of it as he says him and Big Nose are away to Dublin for a level one coaching course.I know thats not true as Big Nose has not done the foundation course yet.
On the rugby side was up at the gym yesterday lifting some serious tin when in walks yer man Ferris, he says to me "Ethel this not naming you in the squad stops now that Golden Balls is back on the ranch" then says good girl keep your back straight on them squats. Thats it i am in! toodle loo til laters
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Postings of a Tea Lady

Post by Cornerfleg »

Regular Feature Please!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

:D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Appalling pic Fleg, spoiled entirely by the lady 2nd right with the Hispanic features. Almost every Spanish lady I have ever met is a complete and utter stoater, brahmer or genuine grade A peach - why pick one who is a comparative munter when faced with such a wide range of dark-haired pulchritude?

Welcome to the board Ethel and good luck when the next squad is announced.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Apologies Baggy ... Sophia says she agrees with you ... but I begsied first!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Image

Apologies Baggy ... Sophia says she agrees with you ... but I begsied first!
That's an entire front row there fleg !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Meeting broke up early, Hump made it, but stormed out of the room shouting something like " your not pining the tail of disaster on this donkey" or words to that effect, As its Cappuccino Wednesday I thought that i would get the Boss a cappuccino and some nice garibaldi biscuits, "Garibaldi Biscuits flaming garibaldi biscuits" in a funny Peter Kay accent, and threw them at me, caught the packet with one hand and in a single movement passed them to Sara, just winked at young Darcy saying that’s the why to do it kid. This afternoon it’s up to Newforge for me to work on core skills with Doaky or Mr Potty Mouth as I playfully call him, honestly would he kiss his mother with that mouth.

The Don has a meeting this afternoon with Peter Robinson wanting to know were his freedom of the borough medal is , my he does look well in his Number 1`s, Got me to polish his medals this morning for him, so proud to see he got a bronze in the Daily Mirror Bangor 10K Classic 1986
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Ethel wrote:I know thats not true as Big Nose has not done the foundation course yet.
I have a Civil Engineering degree I'll have you know - at least I'm pretty sure that was part of it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Big Nose wrote:
Ethel wrote:I know thats not true as Big Nose has not done the foundation course yet.
I have a Civil Engineering degree I'll have you know - at least I'm pretty sure that was part of it.
Did you build the scaffolding on that fine specimen above :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Ravens Squad to be announced and Big Nose hinted i should be in the squad, Hoping for a starting role if the amount of players used last season is anything to go by i should be well in. Got The Don some nice buns from Knotts on the Lisburn Rd, right be side yon place "Murphys Butchers" all these players are tweetin about, asked the lovely Doris behind the counter in KNOTTS whats the chances of some sponsorship etc, she stated if i get over 500 retweets a week she will supply the Branch with free Doughnuts next week.Life as a professional Char lady is great.
The Hump was giving of about the questions asked at Meet the Players night, if he has not got enough things to do without answering silly questions that a coach should answer, people forget he is only Director of Rugby and knows nothing about coaching.
He then wittered on how if some of the fatter fans were fitter they should try the front row and stop whinging.
King Allen of Bóthar Lansdúin ,arrived at Newforge today for some scrumaging practice, however all the players were down at Wagamamas trying out the new special followed by a spa at the Merchant Hotel with Sundowners on the top floor of The Fitzwilliam.Professional till the end.
one more sleep until the squads up, i am so excited.
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Good luck with the squad Ethel. Hope you get selected this time. Remember to take a cake. My experience is coaches like cake. Should get you a start - after that it's up to you to take your opportunity with both hands. :salut:
Gutted. what can i say.worked hard all week when guys like that goat Birch is in wagas all week and i am overlooked again. broken women . gonna contact Crosskeys see if they want a real openside.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Interesting that you thought of Crosskeys first Ethel. I hear Pontypandy may have an opening in their engine room.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Had a one on one with The Boss today over a nice wee cup of Jasmin tea,i wanted the heads up why i am being overlooked in the squad when everybody bar Kack Kyle and The Walking dead are named, his response was "my chase ups on restarts were poor" so this week i shall work extra hard on restart. The Boss must be expecting tries to be run in this week by the men from the valleys.
The Don was trying on a new wedding suit, he looked so handsome, however i prefer a man in uniform and suggested he should get married in full ceremonial Guardsman No 1`s just like young William as he was never in the Guards either.
Oh and don`t forget Knotts Bakery do great buns :wink:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

any talk of Cheerleaders @ HQ?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:any talk of Cheerleaders @ HQ?
No is the simple answer, how would you like your wife to dress up in skimpy attire and be oggled by dirty old men in the Stands of Ravenhill.The Husseys that call themselves Rockettes are bad enough and the dancing is worse, its just wrong and i suggest you get some help. I did however ask is some beefy half naked firemen could line the tunnel from the changing rooms onto the pitch. This was turned down on health and saftey concerns that some young lady might trip over one of their hoses.