Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 16 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Big-al, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], oddball, SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657887
Total topics 19120
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 3 votes
  

Re: What makes you happy

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Can we have some Ulster Supporters trying this challenge next year maybe during half-time..

https://youtu.be/GgN-WmMJv94


Feck off Cockers, you'll be giving HWM a semi.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: What makes you happy

Postby BR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Can we have some Ulster Supporters trying this challenge next year maybe during half-time..

https://youtu.be/GgN-WmMJv94


Feck off Cockers, you'll be giving HWM a semi.

HWM would love watching that, right up to the point she got twatted by his trailer load of recycling
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: What makes you happy

Postby WeeWorld » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:07 pm

ImageImage
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: What makes you happy

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am

Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Rooster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:56 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
Being a long term member of the carnivore club and descended from a long family line of carnivores what actually happens to the bull when they kill him ?
Dog food or do the Spanish make some sort of sausages from them as I doubt they would hang well for steak due to the agitation and method of killing.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39845
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: What makes you happy

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
Being a long term member of the carnivore club and descended from a long family line of carnivores what actually happens to the bull when they kill him ?
Dog food or do the Spanish make some sort of sausages from them as I doubt they would hang well for steak due to the agitation and method of killing.


Bits of the poor fecker will be on sale that evening in a local restaurant. Rabo de Toro, a stew from the bull's tail is about the only bit that goes for human consumption, the bull does go to the slaughterhouse but most of the meat goes to animal feed. The reason is that the bull is so muscled and lean that it is too tough for the human palate.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Rooster » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:30 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
Being a long term member of the carnivore club and descended from a long family line of carnivores what actually happens to the bull when they kill him ?
Dog food or do the Spanish make some sort of sausages from them as I doubt they would hang well for steak due to the agitation and method of killing.


Bits of the poor fecker will be on sale that evening in a local restaurant. Rabo de Toro, a stew from the bull's tail is about the only bit that goes for human consumption, the bull does go to the slaughterhouse but most of the meat goes to animal feed. The reason is that the bull is so muscled and lean that it is too tough for the human palate.


Perhaps that is what they say Baggy but if it was hung for 4 or 5 weeks it would be fine if slaughtered normally, an over excited stressed animal like that won't hang or bleed properly and that is the real reason, it can be a problem in rearing bull beef and a percentage of carcasses go to waste because of stress, they cut up very dark and mushy.
Adrenalin produced in a bull fight will tense the muscle and raise the ph level in combination with lactic acid which then shortens shelf life down to a few days and it will be tasteless, tough and pretty much inedible, I just wondered did the Spanish eat it as some sort of ritual after the fights.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39845
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Shan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Dylan Hartley saying he will keep playing until he is 50. Poor chap is deranged. You'd almost feel for him. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10885
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 am

Shan wrote:Dylan Hartley saying he will keep playing until he is 50. Poor chap is deranged. You'd almost feel for him.
Given his suspensions he'll have had at least 25 years rest in that time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am

His wee brother should never be allowed to play again.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18575
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: What makes you happy

Postby big mervyn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Always mildly amused that my German neighbour's surname is Muck. Much much better when I learned his first name is Horst :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10656
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What makes you happy

Postby Rooster » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm

big mervyn wrote:Always mildly amused that my German neighbour's surname is Muck. Much much better when I learned his first name is Horst
Germans are always good for funny surnames Felix W ankel is one who comes to mind the rotary engine builder who was so near sighted he couldn't get a driving licence
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39845
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: What makes you happy

Postby big mervyn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 am

big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:

Just discovered a Basque tapas bar where they count to 10 :cheers: Engerlish bloke asked for a double and found himself confronted with half a pint of JD :shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10656
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What makes you happy

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:40 am

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:

Just discovered a Basque tapas bar where they count to 10 :cheers: Engerlish bloke asked for a double and found himself confronted with half a pint of JD :shock:


There is a very generous young woman in the clubhouse bar here, a couple of nights back Mrs Trousers asked me to get her a second tonic such was the measure of gin.

Some Lionels constantly complain that the price has gone up from €6 to €7, completely ignoring the fact that 1) it includes their mixer 2) it's probably near enough a Lionel triple, it's certainly a good Irish double, at the very least 3) it's whatever gin you fancy, including the redoubtable Bombay Sapphire.

One doesn't need BRexit to confirm most Brits are dumb as dirt. :roll:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: What makes you happy

Postby damianmcr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 am

Baggy you are a changed man since the move to Spain.
User avatar
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->