What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Can we have some Ulster Supporters trying this challenge next year maybe during half-time..

https://youtu.be/GgN-WmMJv94
Feck off Cockers, you'll be giving HWM a semi.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Can we have some Ulster Supporters trying this challenge next year maybe during half-time..

https://youtu.be/GgN-WmMJv94
Feck off Cockers, you'll be giving HWM a semi.
HWM would love watching that, right up to the point she got twatted by his trailer load of recycling
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

ImageImage
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Better news was that Cartagena police not only broke into a car to save a dog that had been left in 30 plus degrees with all windies shut, but they are also prosecuting the dumbassed driver.
Being a long term member of the carnivore club and descended from a long family line of carnivores what actually happens to the bull when they kill him ?
Dog food or do the Spanish make some sort of sausages from them as I doubt they would hang well for steak due to the agitation and method of killing.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Those who recall the first post in this thread will understand my excitement when in Murcia Today, I read "Two Bullfighters gored in the Ring", sadly neither man was actually ripped from arsehole to breakfast, instead both merely suffering hospitalisation for deep goring of the thigh. Sadly, a "relief" matador was on hand to finish the days fights and so no bull survived.

Being a long term member of the carnivore club and descended from a long family line of carnivores what actually happens to the bull when they kill him ?
Dog food or do the Spanish make some sort of sausages from them as I doubt they would hang well for steak due to the agitation and method of killing.
Bits of the poor fecker will be on sale that evening in a local restaurant. Rabo de Toro, a stew from the bull's tail is about the only bit that goes for human consumption, the bull does go to the slaughterhouse but most of the meat goes to animal feed. The reason is that the bull is so muscled and lean that it is too tough for the human palate.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Bits of the poor fecker will be on sale that evening in a local restaurant. Rabo de Toro, a stew from the bull's tail is about the only bit that goes for human consumption, the bull does go to the slaughterhouse but most of the meat goes to animal feed. The reason is that the bull is so muscled and lean that it is too tough for the human palate.
Perhaps that is what they say Baggy but if it was hung for 4 or 5 weeks it would be fine if slaughtered normally, an over excited stressed animal like that won't hang or bleed properly and that is the real reason, it can be a problem in rearing bull beef and a percentage of carcasses go to waste because of stress, they cut up very dark and mushy.
Adrenalin produced in a bull fight will tense the muscle and raise the ph level in combination with lactic acid which then shortens shelf life down to a few days and it will be tasteless, tough and pretty much inedible, I just wondered did the Spanish eat it as some sort of ritual after the fights.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dylan Hartley saying he will keep playing until he is 50. Poor chap is deranged. You'd almost feel for him. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Dylan Hartley saying he will keep playing until he is 50. Poor chap is deranged. You'd almost feel for him. Image
Given his suspensions he'll have had at least 25 years rest in that time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

His wee brother should never be allowed to play again.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Always mildly amused that my German neighbour's surname is Muck. Much much better when I learned his first name is Horst :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Always mildly amused that my German neighbour's surname is Muck. Much much better when I learned his first name is Horst Image
Germans are always good for funny surnames Felix W ankel is one who comes to mind the rotary engine builder who was so near sighted he couldn't get a driving licence Image
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:
Just discovered a Basque tapas bar where they count to 10 :cheers: Engerlish bloke asked for a double and found himself confronted with half a pint of JD :shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Spanish spirit measures. None of this optics ballix with a miserable 35ml evaporating in the glass. I was informed that the local technique is to start pouring and then count to 7 :thumleft:
Just discovered a Basque tapas bar where they count to 10 :cheers: Engerlish bloke asked for a double and found himself confronted with half a pint of JD :shock:
There is a very generous young woman in the clubhouse bar here, a couple of nights back Mrs Trousers asked me to get her a second tonic such was the measure of gin.

Some Lionels constantly complain that the price has gone up from €6 to €7, completely ignoring the fact that 1) it includes their mixer 2) it's probably near enough a Lionel triple, it's certainly a good Irish double, at the very least 3) it's whatever gin you fancy, including the redoubtable Bombay Sapphire.

One doesn't need BRexit to confirm most Brits are dumb as dirt. :roll:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Baggy you are a changed man since the move to Spain.