What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What makes you happy

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote: What's the situation with the Christian Curry vendors outside Ravenhill?
Christian curry eh. One bowlful and tis straight to heaven.
Ask for a Holy Ghosht.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote: What's the situation with the Christian Curry vendors outside Ravenhill?
Christian curry eh. One bowlful and tis straight to heaven.
Ask for a Holy Ghosht.
:)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:The ragheads get it right at times
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/31/man-who-r ... 18395/amp/
Have to say I'd find it very hard to find fault with his fate. :thumleft: As a public show, maybe not so much.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Having resented it for years and years, I have today liberated myself from the yolk of a monthly telecommunications device contract. Have taken the plunge, bought a dual SIM modestly priced dog n'bone and a £5 pm iD Sim providing me more than I shall ever use in mins/texts/data. Going to buy another SIM in Spain and as long as the phone lasts, that is the end of my money wasted on phones. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This makes me happy. Well, happyish for I appear to have developed a second tooth abscess in 3 weeks. I hope the bloody big Ballymena country bumpkin whose foot contacted my bake is dead or dying, the awkward big bollix.

I better not mention that I'm waiting to see if diabetes is confirmed or not on Friday, or some daft schmuck might break down in tears at the injustice of life in general ...................... & mine in particular. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Martin Shkreli stands charged with securities fraud and conspiracy in a seven count federal indictment in Brooklyn.
A truly dreadful human being.
Indeed Dave. Couldn't happen to a finer chap.
And he's been convicted Image Image Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Martin Shkreli stands charged with securities fraud and conspiracy in a seven count federal indictment in Brooklyn.
A truly dreadful human being.
Indeed Dave. Couldn't happen to a finer chap.
And he's been convicted Image Image Image
Tremendous news Dave.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sadly only convicted on 3 of 8 counts and may have dodged a bullet on the bigger ones. Still facing a possible 20 years.

As a punt to rival Rory's da sticking £200 on him to win the open within 10 years when he was 15, I'd lay a small bundle on him becoming President before he's 70, if only for the fact I wouldn;t be around to collect. There is something in the American psyche that makes many of them admire a total kunt if he becomes hugely wealthy, irrespective of the means of creating the wealth.

I hope he gets a few years but never serves one because prisoner with full blown AIDS eats his heart ......... if the poor fecker can find it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I find it somewhat amusing that the Irish Independent newspaper appears to think that Ireland(Republic) is actually part of the United Kingdom. Should it be renamed Irish Non-Independent. :D

Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK where same-sex marriage remains outlawed after the Republic voted to change the law in a watershed 2015 referendum.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 02641.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Just paving the way for application to join the commonwealth.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The way Tappytalky currently has that picture of Van Zyl being led away immediately under a thread title "That Vegan Advert"
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Some fecker always out to ruin my fun
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two things made me happy yesterday. I walked "The Gobbins" without getting blown into the sea or soaked by rain or waves. It was somewhat startling to find that East Antrim, despite repeatedly electing a stchummer as their MP actually has something worthwhile to offer. Great visibility too, rather than a grey lump, Ailsa Craig was clearer than I'd ever seen from this side of the water and you could actually see individual fields on Scotland.

It will be some trek when they do further work to take you further along the coast & up, returning along the headland rather than just back the way you came. Very enjoyable and the folk (not FOLK) at the centre and the guide were a rare mix, both interested and excellent.

The second joyful moment was finding The Rinkha who sell possibly the greatest ice cream on the planet, a concoction with large pieces of dairy fudge was my pleasure, the 4 other people in my retinue allowed theirs too were delicious.

Excellent day out.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

How much of the path is open again?

I'm too old school to consider any of those new fangled additives to my Rinkha poke. A 99 is as adventurous as I get there. But I'm sure they need to change with the times and the new stuff would be very good.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:How much of the path is open again?

I'm too old school to consider any of those new fangled additives to my Rinkha poke. A 99 is as adventurous as I get there. But I'm sure they need to change with the times and the new stuff would be very good.
Hard to describe really BR since I'd never been before but roughly speaking, 3 bridges worth. The whole thing including getting down to it is about a mile so not a huge length, still, it takes about two & a half to three hours as the guide talks a fair bit & I talk a lot as did a lady from Dublin. We even managed to squeeze in a mention of Nelson McCausland when the guide was trying to pass off obvious lies that the rocks were 50/60 million years old when you and I know they are only 6000. :duh:

On the ice cream, each to their own & usually I'd agree on the pleasures of a simple 99, but I do love fudge occasionally, indeed I hanker for the old days and the rum & raisin fudge that the Ormo Bakery used to make, on this occasion both fudge & ice cream were exceptional.

I started work in 1973 in Larne, moving slightly closer to civilisation in 1975 in Carrick before departing for Darry in 1978 and have rarely found any good reason to visit East Antrim in the interim, but I'd do a wee jaunt up there again just for the ice cream. >EW

I'm sure there are exceptions but can't recall a town with more ugly weemin than Carrickfergus, I wasn't all that gay at the time so can't recall if the males were gremlins also, but that and passing my driving test are my abiding memories of Carrick along with the Central Bar and Dobbins Inn Hotel.