What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Jaysus I thought you lot were bad for carrying crosses but holy feck this sh1te is gas. :lol:
Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton says he won't meet Diego Maradona until the Argentina great apologises for his 'Hand of God' goal.

Maradona scored twice against Shilton in the 1986 World Cup quarter-final, and the keeper has not forgiven the World Cup winner for punching the ball into his net.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... ocid=ientp
When I am reminded of the great Maradona goal against the Lionel filth, I always state it was a perfectly good header - the ref said so.

I am further reminded of when Peter Shilton played Norn Iron at Windsor Park just after his extramarital away games hit the papers/comics/reeegs. An NI player went down injured, Shilton kicks the ball out of play, voice from the kop, "thanks Peter...........but you're still abastard".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This whole pedo hunting stuff

It's comedy gold

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

One of the team names in the Irish Times fantasy rugby competition.
39. Naked Bundee Jumping Scannell. J. Hayes
J Hayes, as he is 39th overall must have some rugby knowledge, but he may have issues. :lol: :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:This whole pedo hunting stuff

It's comedy gold

The Head Paedo Hunter's defence made me laugh - "my client is of very low intelligence" :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:This whole pedo hunting stuff

It's comedy gold

The Head Paedo Hunter's defence made me laugh - "my client is of very low intelligence" Image
Aye was brilliant

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Clowns getting upset because two other clowns, Ant and Dec, stated that Northern Ireland is not part of Britain. They must shed tears every time they look at their passports. :lol: :lol:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Where's this Shan?

Took the wife and our new son home today. Happy both safe and doing well. Have to give it to women. Wife had to have an emergency section but she's been brilliant.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ente ... 92824.html

Good to hear all is going well Damian. That is the stuff that is really important, not this stuff that folk like to invent as concerns.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Clowns getting upset because two other clowns, Ant and Dec, stated that Northern Ireland is not part of Britain. They must shed tears every time they look at their passports. :lol: :lol:
I think perhaps you should ask yourself who is the clown chum, they are 100% correct. Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, the long version of which is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

I have long maintained that I am not British, merely a British subject, a yoke I shall cast off shortly by virtue of my Irish passport and Spanish Residency, and of course, as soon as I can I shall take Spanish nationality and cast off the horror of these septic isles.

You're welcome. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Where's this Shan?

Took the wife and our new son home today. Happy both safe and doing well. Have to give it to women. Wife had to have an emergency section but she's been brilliant.
Congratulations Damo and your Mrs, good news, glad all is well. :thumleft:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Congratulations and good luck! Your first? I've two under 3, great crack, but never again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
A small word but quite useful.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:
:)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
A small word but quite useful.
Did the perverts at Munchins not beat you hard enough Shan, FFFS :duh: :duh: :duh:

Read what is there, not what you try to make it, the United Kindom is comprised of GB & NI, ergo NI is not part of GB, if it were, UK & GB would be the same thing, therefore no need to have the wordy, "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

Mathematically: GB + NI = UK

Not, I think you'll find, rocket science.

On the bright side, every day is a skool day, wot wot old bean?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:

Congratulations and good luck! Your first? I've two under 3, great crack, but never again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I stopped at two Jackie, as my cousin Mary from Dublin often says, kids are like farts, you can just about stand your own. Though admittedly new ones are a bit like puppies, endlessly charming and loveable..................... but of course you are unaware of the madness that follows. Still, I don't know anyone who would wish those they have away ............ well until they get to 15 anyway, bloody awful age.

At 15 my son was amazed quite how stupid I was, and at 23 confessed to having been amazed how much I'd learnt in the preceding 8 years .............. unlike Slogan. :roll: