What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: What makes you happy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: We don't like yer Glasgow Rangers
And we hate yer Celtic too
For we are the Ayrshire Killie
We're the boys in white and blue! :cheers:
I think Partick Thistle have a song with similar sentiments.
You think Partick Thistle supporters are colour blind? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:A Kilmarnock supporter and an Ulster supporter. Feck sometimes ya just know ye are destined for a life of disappointment. :D
Maybe so, but at least I don't follow blindly like most Ulster folk, and support Celtic or Stephen Gerrard's Rangers (as they now seem to be called, by BBC).

In my day they were just Glasgae Rangers and Glasgae Seltic. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

The continental habits that Sky money has brought into English football such as diving and excessive grooming and other prima donna behaviour has really turned me off the game there. Yaya toure (on £10 million a year) apparently threw a massive strop because man city didn't sufficiently show their love for him on his birthday. They gave him a cake when he was expecting a sports car. Klopp recently gets fined £8k for encroaching onto the pitch because anything less would be utterly meaningless to a man on his salary.
For reasons like these, I now often find myself watching Scottish games in preference to those in England. They seem to matter more to both players and supporters. It's just a pity that no one there can compete with the old firm and in particular with celtic at this time.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:The continental habits that Sky money has brought into English football such as diving and excessive grooming and other prima donna behaviour has really turned me off the game there. Yaya toure (on £10 million a year) apparently threw a massive strop because man city didn't sufficiently show their love for him on his birthday. They gave him a cake when he was expecting a sports car. Klopp recently gets fined £8k for encroaching onto the pitch because anything less would be utterly meaningless to a man on his salary.
For reasons like these, I now often find myself watching Scottish games in preference to those in England. They seem to matter more to both players and supporters. It's just a pity that no one there can compete with the old firm and in particular with celtic at this time.
Boofuckinghoo. Several sentences of bullshite, little changes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

WeeWorld wrote:The continental habits that Sky money has brought into English football such as diving ...
There was diving in all levels of football long before Sky brought their money to the show.

The only difference Sky made was that more of it was seen on TV, and more often too.

And as for holier than thou Britishers who say it was a continental trait, go boil yer heed. The Brits can cheat as well as the best of them.
WeeWorld wrote:It's just a pity that no one there can compete with the old firm and in particular with celtic at this time.
Have you checked the current Scottish Prem table at this time? >EW
I'm not arguing -
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:The continental habits that Sky money has brought into English football such as diving ...
There was diving in all levels of football long before Sky brought their money to the show.

The only difference Sky made was that more of it was seen on TV, and more often too.

And as for holier than thou Britishers who say it was a continental trait, go boil yer heed. The Brits can cheat as well as the best of them.
WeeWorld wrote:It's just a pity that no one there can compete with the old firm and in particular with celtic at this time.
Franny Lee. QED :thumleft:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

promenader 2 wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Franny Lee. QED :thumleft:
Lee Won Pen - first Chinese player in the top flight :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sounds like a diver to me, yer man will not be happy. :roll:

Bloody foreigners.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:From the banks of the River Irvine
To the shores of Tripoli
We will fight, fight fight for Killie
Til we win the Scottish League

We don't like yer Glasgow Rangers
And we hate yer Celtic too
For we are the Ayrshire Killie
We're the boys in white and blue! :cheers:

(just ignore the number of games played - it makes a change from looking over our shoulder at relegation. :lol: )
Och well... :lol:
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
No you are incorrect, Klinsmann came after Sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPZnPzmNPA
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

WeeWorld wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Compelling evidence indeed WW

Can't argue with that.

That video clip from a World Cup International match between W Germany and Argentina in 1990 does indeed prove beyond all doubt that those devious continentals were the first to ever dive in English football, and that no one in England had ever done it before Klinsmann.

Promenader, you will have to retract your QED because WW has also shown beyond all shadow of doubt that Franny Lee never dived and any time he hit the deck without being touched, was clearly an act of God, or else he was himself actually a bloody foreigner who was way ahead of his time - literally.

The fact that he can be seen practicing HERE when he gets booked for fouling Saint George of Lisnasharragh (at just past the 30 secs) and then living up to his alter ego, Lee Won Pen at 2 mins 50 seconds into the video, is clearly a BBC plot using fake facts and edited footage.

Also the fact that the commentator seemed to think that Franny Lee was suggesting that Best had dived is clearly preposterous, as you have so convincingly proved that diving in English football never existed until many years later, so it would not have entered his consciousness to suggest such a thing.

Clearly, as you have argued so convincingly, that the old adage, "it takes one to know one" could never be used in connection with diving in English footy in the pre-Sky era.

:roll:
I'm not arguing -
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

I won't second guess you Captain.
Could you imagine today's players encountering the likes of Norman Hunter or Tommy Smith?
They'd give them something to fall over and writhe about and yet back in the day hardly anyone did.
In the thousands of games played back in the old First division, dives were remarkable because they were so rare.
Hence you having to go back to '71 to find one. Famous it was, the player dived, possibly...
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

I must apologise for not mentioning Ron "chopper" Harris in my previous post. :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

WeeWorld wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Nah, it was his granda that came aff the sky … and bombed our chip shop.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall