What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The current fad for taking "learnings" from defeat. When I was a boy, learning was a veritable cornucopia, it encompassed so many different areas it was always understood to be as plural a word as sheep.

When did some fool decide that learnings was appropriate? My guess is that whoever the dickwad was prefaced it with "So, ..."
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote: My guess is that whoever the dickwad was prefaced it with "So, ..."
Or, "A mean ..."
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

In my day the noun was 'lesson'.

Learning (and I agree - singular) was only a gerund noun used to talk about the act/process of learning.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So we can't even say we have learnt our lessons now for fear of some gowl getting all energised.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MOVEMBER. I shall ensure that my shaving routine will be meticulous.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He has no brain.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

:roll: :roll: :roll: Wee Bwyson is as dumb as a baboon'sarse is bright.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Who in their right mind thought it a good idea to put a button on the boxer style under underbunder? Imagine yourself at a match, you've had a few pints and just before halftime you are bustin' for a slash, you hotfoot it to the snake house and have unfastened/ unzipped your jeans. Just as you are about to pull out the lad for some relief and on the verge of pishing yerself, a tiny button blocks access til yer knob.

FFFS, I have ripped off all such encumbrances and can now unbutton the mutton in appropriate timescale.

FFFS
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Who in their right mind thought it a good idea to put a button on the boxer style under underbunder? Imagine yourself at a match, you've had a few pints and just before halftime you are bustin' for a slash, you hotfoot it to the snake house and have unfastened/ unzipped your jeans. Just as you are about to pull out the lad for some relief and on the verge of pishing yerself, a tiny button blocks access til yer knob.

FFFS, I have ripped off all such encumbrances and can now unbutton the mutton in appropriate timescale.

FFFS
All simple minds get there eventually. On the other hand you evidently pish yourself every time you open your gob. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cretins like 14er, stupid little boy.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Cretins like 14er, stupid little boy.
Says the man who can't unbutton his boxers quick enough. :lol:

Sorry Baggy, but if you provide the ammo, don't blame others for using it.

If it wasn't 49er, someone else (me) would have used it. (Maybe in a different way, but someone would still have fired it) :D

Sometimes it's better just to stay stum >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Gordon Taylor getting it in the neck for using the word coloured at a time when the term "people of colour" has just become in vogue.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

WeeWorld wrote:Gordon Taylor getting it in the neck for using the word coloured at a time when the term "people of colour" has just become in vogue.
Alan Hansen got into similar trouble a few years ago. I have a modicum of sympathy for people of a certain age. There was a time when 'coloured' was the correct term and the only people who talked about 'blacks', or rather 'blekks', had names like Terreblanche and de Klerk.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

promenader 2 wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Gordon Taylor getting it in the neck for using the word coloured at a time when the term "people of colour" has just become in vogue.
Alan Hansen got into similar trouble a few years ago. I have a modicum of sympathy for people of a certain age. There was a time when 'coloured' was the correct term and the only people who talked about 'blacks', or rather 'blekks', had names like Terreblanche and de Klerk.
Those old people said coloured because they were told that was preferable to negro, which itself was an acceptable term to use even into the 60s by people who weren't trying to denigrate anyone.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Somebody in his position should be getting it in the neck. Of colour is a deliberate distancing from coloured which had become pejorative thru it's frequent use by casual racists. The head of a multicultural union should know better.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall