A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Did anyone watch Panorama just now?

Very depressing that so many Americans are such fu@ktards, the figures presented were depressing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

What was it, Baggy? Not more momentum for the 'Oprah for President' bandwagon, shirley.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And finally today, have you ever heard it said that the Tories are best on the economy?

One word: Carillion

Huge salaries, OTT dividends, and huge public contracts awarded AFTER they had issued warnings of financial trouble and enormous debt.

I think the number of businesses that will be destroyed as a result & the employment disaster will be just as big a shocker.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:And finally today, have you ever heard it said that the Tories are best on the economy?

One word: Carillion

Huge salaries, OTT dividends, and huge public contracts awarded AFTER they had issued warnings of financial trouble and enormous debt.

I think the number of businesses that will be destroyed as a result & the employment disaster will be just as big a shocker.
Aye, but Brexit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Wether a business is destroyed depends on the degree to which they allowed themselves to relie on the Company as their major source of income .

Since any losses are written off and reduce any Profits of those businesses the fact is that it is the treasury which takes the major hit in the end .

What actually surprises is the variety of contracts the Company has from Hospital
Maintenance ,school meals to highway building and house maintenance and most of them with public bodies .

To say it is proof that Capitalism doesn’t work is to stretch a lie — because as you point out it was public bodies awarding the company contracts after it was clear the company lacked the resources to finance the work .

Being a service company it could only claim payment for services provided which meant the company was recovering (?) expenditure incurred which it had to finance — failure of Service Companies usually results from being under capitalised — in order to attract capital requires the payment of dividends .

The cost of such Capital is normally less than trying to borrow from a bank or government whose main source of funds is the tax payer

And Taxation is legalised theft to enable faceless bureaucrats and politicians (like Tony Blair play God ) and waste the money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

How lucky are we to have such a learned man in our presence.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Wether a business is destroyed depends on the degree to which they allowed themselves to relie on the Company as their major source of income .

Since any losses are written off and reduce any Profits of those businesses the fact is that it is the treasury which takes the major hit in the end .

What actually surprises is the variety of contracts the Company has from Hospital
Maintenance ,school meals to highway building and house maintenance and most of them with public bodies .

To say it is proof that Capitalism doesn’t work is to stretch a lie — because as you point out it was public bodies awarding the company contracts after it was clear the company lacked the resources to finance the work .

Being a service company it could only claim payment for services provided which meant the company was recovering (?) expenditure incurred which it had to finance — failure of Service Companies usually results from being under capitalised — in order to attract capital requires the payment of dividends .

The cost of such Capital is normally less than trying to borrow from a bank or government whose main source of funds is the tax payer

And Taxation is legalised theft to enable faceless bureaucrats and politicians (like Tony Blair play God ) and waste the money .
oldas.jpg
oldas.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
What a pile of uneducated drivel, surpassed yourself there Ron'n.

If you understood anything about the economy Ron you'd understand that such behemoth organisations such as Carillion effectively have innumerable small companies who though independent of the big boy, are so tied to it that they may as well be subsidiaries and that is why there will be a ripple of bankruptcy.

Then when you become cliche-man and talk ballix about taxation being legalised theft I really think you should just shut the fu@k up.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rumsplaining
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

NICS is theft
Taxation is ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy I am well aware that many small businesses are foolish enough to become depended on a larger one.

no the real lesson is that big is not beautiful be it Capitalist or Government .

Because a Public Service organisation is an organisation which works for the benefit of the Organisation and the higher up the organisation you are the more you benefit and the less you serve the public .

Frequently those who are at the head of the Company have little invested in it . Getting shares as part of your annual bonus is not the same as investing in the company since any dividend is only a means for Directors to extract more from the Company and the ability to benefit from insider knowledge of when to sell .

The lesson is that some people are trust worthy and others aren't be they Capitalists or Public Servants .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

With the government departments going to large scale contracts now the only work for some small business is as sub contractors to the main contract holder. I know one pretty large contractor with over 500 employees here who lost all their contracts to one of these conglomerates who then sub contracted them to continue doing the work they had been doing at the same labour rates but they don't have to pay for the materials. It confounds them how the main contract holder actually either makes money or else why the government departments are paying them more for the same jobs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:With the government departments going to large scale contracts now the only work for some small business is as sub contractors to the main contract holder. I know one pretty large contractor with over 500 employees here who lost all their contracts to one of these conglomerates who then sub contracted them to continue doing the work they had been doing at the same labour rates but they don't have to pay for the materials. It confounds them how the main contract holder actually either makes money or else why the government departments are paying them more for the same jobs.
Exactly Rooster, it is thinly veiled privatisation of many government functions. They are basically hiving off the oversight role to a private company. Your bit about confounding understanding is valid, the companies offer to take away the hassle of running a particular service for the same or a bit less money, government happy. But how do they do that? They do the work to a poorer standard and pay poorer wages and without any proper oversight it appears.

Similar iniquities come in agencies being involved in the supply of nurses & teachers, this too is government hiving off responsibility. Logically why should an outside agency be required? We should be training staff at the required rate and employing them permanently under a standard contract.

Then when the shyte hits the fan they wonder how did it all go wrong and the simple answer is that if you bring profit into the equation you are creating an unnecessary factor to a function of government.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So anyway what's the story with this Ben Bradley? Silly fecker or just a typical Tory pr1ck?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:So anyway what's the story with this Ben Bradley? Silly fecker or just a typical Tory pr1ck?
Bradley said: “It’s horrendous that there are families out there that can make vastly more than the average wage, (or in some cases more than a bloody good wage) just because they have 10 kids. Sorry but how many children you have is a choice; if you can’t afford them, stop having them! Vasectomies are free.

“There are hundreds of families in the UK who earn over £60,000 in benefits without lifting a finger because they have so many kids (and for the rest of us that’s a wage of over £90,000 before tax!).”

'It's not long before we're drowning in a vast sea of unemployed wasters that we pay to keep!'

The article, which has since been deleted, went on: “People have to take responsibility for their own lives, and if they are struggling but working hard to help themselves then they should get help. But if they choose to have 10 kids they should take responsibility for that choice and look after them, not expect everyone else to foot the bill!

“Families who have never worked a day in their lives having 4 or 5 kids and the rest of us having 1 or 2 means it’s not long before we’re drowning in a vast sea of unemployed wasters that we pay to keep! Iain Duncan Smith’s cap proposal is spot on!”
Silly fecker who said in public what a lot of people think in private.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The biggest drain on the UK Exchequer is the funding given to already wealthy individuals or companies thru tax breaks and other loopholes. You won't hear a moron in the Tories raising that of course. Better to target the little guy.

Not that I am saying everyone should not be held responsible for contributing to a both society and economy. Quite the opposite in fact unlike most politicians and many folk in a degree of comfort. Still the moronic wing of the middle classes like their heroes and vote for those who call out their "enemies".
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.