What makes you happy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What makes you happy

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: They are lucky Michael is not already married.
Yer a gas man BR. Thankfully ditch whingers aren't needed to make attempts to advance our society.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote: They are lucky Michael is not already married.
Yer a gas man BR. Thankfully ditch whingers aren't needed to make attempts to advance our society.
Don't get me wrong.

For the 2 guys involved, I'm glad they've found a method of leveling the playing field for their individual circumstances.

What I'm more pleased with is that they are creating a bit of publicity for the inequalities in societies where half of a legally defined couple is given a higher status than an individual.

Maybe some day such societies will be viewed by many as neolithic as those who use different words for legal partnerships between straight and gay couples.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hope the lads wedding day is amongst the best of their lives and that they get a friend to take the photographs rather than get ripped off for they are clearly rightly parsimonious. Finally, I hope that poor ould Matt doesn't expire when Michael consummates the marriage, at 85 one up the pipe might kill the poor bugger ..........or should that be buggeree.

Fair fecks to the leds.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BY the way, I do fully understand you leds dislike of the preferential privileges accorded to the married but equally, I understand why successive governments have accorded them. I'd characterise it as unfairness for the greater good ...........and sure god love the poor wee childer that such legislation was formulated to protect.

Personally, I feel your ire would be better focused on huge businesses such as supermarkets that pay such basic wages so the entirety of the taxpaying population, married or otherwise, may pay further monies to these employees to bring their income to an amount that lifts them, some of them, out of poverty. That truly is a national scandal and yet barely a murmur from people, married or otherwise.

Of course where you chose to chunter is entirely up to you. In my view, the tax system, which was put in place with the aim of ensuring the wealthy stayed wealthy which is the greatest iniquity of modern times for the average punter, and an utter invitation for those who have to keep every penny.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

We can focus on more than one thing. All unfairness should be tackled.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:We can focus on more than one thing. All unfairness should be tackled.

Go for it, I'm a big picture man myself, but as gay as the next small picture gay ......... sorry, guy.

I'll tell you what makes me HAPPY

LIONELS LOSING
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kaci Sullivan: 'I gave birth as both genders'
Kaci Sullivan, from Missouri, first gave birth five years ago, before beginning to transition and start living as a man.

Last month, he gave birth again after seven days in labour.

Kaci conceived with partner Steven after a break from taking male hormones.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Kaci Sullivan, from Missouri, first gave birth five years ago, before beginning to transition and start living as a man.

Unbelievable Jeff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:

Strange, woman becomes man then turns back to woman to have child, that is one fecked up individual
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:

Strange, woman becomes man then turns back to woman to have child, that is one fecked up individual
Pity the kids.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kids growing up within a loving and nurturing environment is the absolute most important factor. There are so many children mistreated within families with parents who remain within the perceived gender 'norms'. These so called norms can be repressive to those who consider themselves outside of these norms. In most western cultures gender is a social construct and mostly a rigid binary system that dictates many features of your personal life. Anything from what colours you like to the type of clothes you are expected to wear. Most are happy within these boundaries. Living outside the perceived norms seems to result in wholesale judgment and condemnation.

We have so many 'shoulds' and 'musts' in our society but certainly a lot less than we used to. New ideas take time to bed in and become accepted. I take the First Nations people of the Americas view that recognises at least five genders. It is not, however, up to me to offer my recognition, as nobody requires this, but resisting the desire to pour scorn on new ways of conceptualising gender is the current challenge.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Kids growing up within a loving and nurturing environment is the absolute most important factor. There are so many children mistreated within families with parents who remain within the perceived gender 'norms'. These so called norms can be repressive to those who consider themselves outside of these norms. In most western cultures gender is a social construct and mostly a rigid binary system that dictates many features of your personal life. Anything from what colours you like to the type of clothes you are expected to wear. Most are happy within these boundaries. Living outside the perceived norms seems to result in wholesale judgment and condemnation.

We have so many 'shoulds' and 'musts' in our society but certainly a lot less than we used to. New ideas take time to bed in and become accepted. I take the First Nations people of the Americas view that recognises at least five genders. It is not, however, up to me to offer my recognition, as nobody requires this, but resisting the desire to pour scorn on new ways of conceptualising gender is the current challenge.
All well and good but that bint does not seem to know if she is AC or DC
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I am more or less in agreement with Dave. It is not my interest or business to decide for another how they identify.

I am enjoying all the outrage on other forums about this matter though. Some folk just love getting upset and offended by things which don't, or shouldn't, matter to them. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jaysus I thought you lot were bad for carrying crosses but holy feck this sh1te is gas. :lol:
Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton says he won't meet Diego Maradona until the Argentina great apologises for his 'Hand of God' goal.

Maradona scored twice against Shilton in the 1986 World Cup quarter-final, and the keeper has not forgiven the World Cup winner for punching the ball into his net.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... ocid=ientp
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave

Don't really think the abnormal should be approved just because a small minority of the normal are abnormal - bad to their children .

Each of us is to some extent affected by the environment in which we are raised once we recognise and admit it we may be able to adjust attitude or modify behaviour if necessary to avoid the mistakes we see in others and or more tolerant of them . Being tolerant does not mean we have to compromise our principles only recognise we cannot force them on others

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist