The coaching set up

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

The coaching set up

Post by cjp »

Does anyone feel Woodward picked coaches that he could have control over and the ones that would stand up to him were stuck with the midweek side?

Jenkins we all know is outspoken while Ford is known to want his way to go about things but when you prove you are one of the worlds best defensive coaches fair enough. While McGeechan is a genius, tactically and also as a motivator to unite and bring the players together. While Woodward is in control of his lap dogs Larder and Robbo, with steady Eddie unlikely to question him. I just feel had the first 3 named been there things could have been different.

In 97 45 people went on tour players and staff included on this tour we near have double that because with different coaching teams you can't unite the players and I am sure the mid week coaches get annoyed at not knowing who they will be given for the next game.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Certainly think that McGeehan is better qualified than the rest of them and that Jenkins is probably a better coach than both EOS & Robinson.

Maybe also begs the question just how much coaching SCW actually brings to the table even with England many said that Robinson was the main man anyway.

Whilst I don't agree with everything that Steven Jones says as gospel see that he has suggested that BOD was expressing his preferences again.

In truth I think Shanklin was the outstanding centre in the 6N yet he played him on the wing. Robinson came in late played a bit part and then was automatic first choice 15 something that showed up badly with Lewsley the player at least showing form pushed out onto the wing. I would at least have had Murphy on the bench giving some option and no matter what anyone says Williams has got something that the rest don't have nothwithstanding his defence.

Think that Ryan Jones has showed them all up not good enough for the original 45 squad then only choosen after Easterby. That in some way shows up the selection that he is outplaying all the guys picked before him.

All these decisions come back to the management or lack of it.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU