The Complete Overreaction

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

The Complete Overreaction

Post by Russ »

Fans and media alike need to cool their jets
I've seen nothing but Ireland Number 1 nonsense on the internet from fan sites, media outlets, bakebook

Yes to beat the ABs is a major feat
Yes Ireland rarely do it

But whilst Ireland are a good side, the fans need to keep their feet on the fecking ground

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Re: The Complete Overreaction

Post by WeeWorld »

I think you're overreacting Russ.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's all the clickbait media and Hansen playing mind games. Considering the ABs are still ranked in top spot and have been for the last 9 years, they remain numero uno.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Hansen played it well. He knows who are favourite for the WC.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Need to bate them in their own back yard before indulging in that kind of talk.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Fans and media alike need to cool their jets
I've seen nothing but Ireland Number 1 nonsense on the internet from fan sites, media outlets, bakebook

Yes to beat the ABs is a major feat
Yes Ireland rarely do it

But whilst Ireland are a good side, the fans need to keep their feet on the fecking ground

I put exactly the same point, albeit in different terms on Saturday night, and out came the gowls & comedians in their droves. Ireland won & deservedly in a pretty engrossing but unremarkable game where offences were impotent barring one moment of inspiration in which Stockdale again was Ireland's matchwinner.

Once the big girl's blouses here unbunch their panties, return to sobriety and wisethefu'ck up, they may more soberly reflect that Ireland will not often beat NZ in a tight low score game.

Indeed the hero of the hour was a lucky man, not for his well-taken try, showing his usual pace and power and irreplaceable eye and sense for what is on, but because a few minutes earlier he could have been the scapegoat when only a very uncharacteristic pair of careless hands from Kieran Reid, for more years than I can recall has been the best player in rugby, prevented the bigotry of the Dublin/Southern media descending on him for "costing Ireland an historic first win on Paddy soil".

On such turnarounds of fortune are reputations made, and matches won & lost. Had Reid not fumbled, and NZ taken the simple 7 points run in, would Ireland have won? It's a moot point of course, in all respects of what that expression has meant over the years, more a case of "read about it in the Ulster" but with the current vogue for Paddybastard hyperbole, it is something that the "We are Brill Green Army" should pay attention to.

I confess that I thought Ireland could only win a high scoring encounter scoring 30-40 points, so I take my hat off to their resilience, especially in the absence of Murray. There too is a name to conjure with, not too many years past many here who consider they know a thing or two, thought Murray a hopeless 9, much as they are now saying about Marion & McGrath, you know the sort, the same morons who disrespected O'Mahony's abilities dismissing him as a do nothing, good at the invisible, throat-grabber, the same cretins who thought O'Gara a waste of space.

They won, good for them, but the best team in the world? They were on Saturday, next week? Next Month? Next Year? At the RWC? I think not.

Calm down dears.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Need to bate them in their own back yard before indulging in that kind of talk.
Quite so, England beat NZ in NZ just a few months before Ireland's 10-10 draw in 1973 and amazingly England have also got further than an RWC quarter-final. Before the hated Lionels won the RWC, they had beaten all the SH Big three in short order home & away. That is the basis of optimism about winning an RWC, Ireland has made remarkable progress under Schmidt, but realistic assessment says they have not reached the "normal" level of away victories that previous RWC winners have.

LOOK .......... I don't begrudge you fatheads your moment of ecstasy, I refuse to believe that very much has changed other than that future Ireland teams will never again feel that beating NZ is impossible.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Seriously who gives a f-ck, other than the perpetually miserable. Most of us are pretty fecking delighted Ireland beat NZ given it is only the second time we've done so and this time in our own wee island. So what if some folk are getting a little over-excited. The only thing that matters is that Josef and his boys have their heads screwed on and know what it ultimately means...I'd be fairly certain they do. Indeed the player leader's(Best & POM) interviews after the game suggest that is very much the case.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Quite like this even if Lovell did overreact slightly.

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Having seen Ireland getting humped by the ABs numerous times, I was delighted with the win. If the ABs had won I'm sure their fans would have barely managed a smirk of approval. Nothing to see and move on. Just one team who would have expected to defeat another. POM admitted himself that they celebrated as if they had won the world cup. That isn't to be confused with any fan, coach or player now believing themselves to be favourites for the RWC.

NZ have dominated test rugby as long as I have ever known. One result cannot change that.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ireland 9/2 2nd fav for the RWC.

Doubtless the great English betting public will ensure that Team Lionel are installed as 2nd fav (if not favourites :lol: :lol:)by the time the tournament starts
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote:Ireland 9/2 2nd fav for the RWC.

Doubtless the great English betting public will ensure that Team Lionel are installed as 2nd fav (if not favourites :lol: :lol:)by the time the tournament starts

BOD probably has the occasional nightmare about Rory lifting the trophy
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:Quite like this even if Lovell did overreact slightly.

Marmion was poor

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Quite like this even if Lovell did overreact slightly.

Too many Ulstermen

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Ireland 9/2 2nd fav for the RWC.

Doubtless the great English betting public will ensure that Team Lionel are installed as 2nd fav (if not favourites Image Image)by the time the tournament starts
There is a real worrying gambling problem in England