Jacob Stockdale once again wins it for Ireland!!

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Jacob Stockdale once again wins it for Ireland!!

Post by Dave »

Once again some sublime magic from Jake takes the victory for Ireland. He did the same against Wales and England in the 6N. Ireland would not have won the 6N without him. Yet he gets slated online and by trolls on here. They want him dropped. Where are all the haters at now?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jacob Stockdale once again wins it for Ireland!!

Post by Shan »

I've honestly never seen anyone slating him. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Everybody I know has sung his praises over the last couple of years, including myself.

Indeed the only person I'm aware of who may not be happy about that wonderful try, or any other tries he is going to score for Ireland, is BOD. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Although I will say that Bagsniffer may have issues with him now that he scored a vital try to help the hated bogmen beat NZ.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Saves it for the big games doesn't he? Hat tricks agin the Mickey Mouse nations are all very well but when it matters …
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The BOD PR online Russian bots are to blame.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:Saves it for the big games doesn't he? Hat tricks agin the Mickey Mouse nations are all very well but when it matters …
Naughty Mervyn.

Now - Anyone know if Luke Fitz ever scored a hat trick against even a Mickey Mouse team? :D
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Lurgan Man Stockdale does it again, well done!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Although I will say that Bagsniffer may have issues with him now that he scored a vital try to help the hated bogmen beat NZ.

Look yokel, I hate every player in green, they are grand when they get the white shirt with the :red: on it. It shouldn't be beyond the understanding of any sentient being.

#fücktheFIRFUCs
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Although I will say that Bagsniffer may have issues with him now that he scored a vital try to help the hated bogmen beat NZ.

Look yokel, I hate every player in green, they are grand when they get the white shirt with the :red: on it. It shouldn't be beyond the understanding of any sentient being.

#fücktheFIRFUCs
Well actually it is beyond the sanity of any sentient being. How anyone of this island could not delight in an Irish team beating the All Blacks, captained by an Ulsterman( leave aside his throwing in for the moment), with a match winning individual try from an Ulsterman and an impact performance from the substitute IH is beyond me. Did you Boggy not leap to your feet in the race to the line from JS?
Boggymouth or bagsniffer or whatever your name is , try to see the difference between administrators, sponsors and the like ,........ and players. You are a >dance :flower: >elvis :bowdown: who should not be allowed out on your own. Shan has had you taped from the word go. FO Boggy! :fleg: >appl
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Fortyniner wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

#fücktheFIRFUCs
Well actually it is beyond the sanity of any sentient being. How anyone of this island could not delight in an Irish team beating the All Blacks, captained by an Ulsterman( leave aside his throwing in for the moment), with a match winning individual try from an Ulsterman and an impact performance from the substitute IH is beyond me. Did you Boggy not leap to your feet in the race to the line from JS?
Boggymouth or bagsniffer or whatever your name is , try to see the difference between administrators, sponsors and the like ,........ and players. You are a >dance :flower: >elvis :bowdown: who should not be allowed out on your own. Shan has had you taped from the word go. FO Boggy! :fleg: >appl
Hey 69er,

nathin' to do with our Rory's throwing, it's the targets that are the problem. It was all purring along with Toner and POM on, although there was plenty of pressure and a few hiccups. Why oh why was Hendy not going for a fast and flat ball to 2, with him catching it going forward, i don't know..... It's extremely difficult for the defending team jumper to get to it, even if they know it's going there. Our line out was a shambles at the end and the game was nearly lost over it. That score line, should've been more like a 26 to 9 game IMO . The kiwis were shut down pretty nicely.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Stickin
Ta
I bow to your superior knowledge and insight into modern lineout throwing. Mine is based on the winger ( ie me) throwing a 50/50 throw!.
Does the same rationale apply to Ulster? It seems the more critical the throw ( on our 5m line or theirs), the more likely it is to be pear shaped.
And it is fortyniner. Sixtynining is too challenging at my age!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Nice wee lineout play from the Jocks the day.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Yep
Unfortunately requires good throwing,good planning, quick thinking and good hands.
Perhaps too challenging for our current UR pack?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Lurgan Man Stockdale does it again, well done!
Tis good to see that even places like Lurgan can produce some things of positive value. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote: Hey 69er,

nathin' to do with our Rory's throwing, it's the targets that are the problem. It was all purring along with Toner and POM on, although there was plenty of pressure and a few hiccups. Why oh why was Hendy not going for a fast and flat ball to 2, with him catching it going forward, i don't know..... It's extremely difficult for the defending team jumper to get to it, even if they know it's going there. Our line out was a shambles at the end and the game was nearly lost over it. That score line, should've been more like a 26 to 9 game IMO . The kiwis were shut down pretty nicely.
Not for the first time you are correct a chara. Definitely one of our late game lineouts should have resulted in major pressure on the NZ line and a possible try but instead Mr. Whitelock got his paws on our ball. Though Cronin was on at that stage of course. As far as I could see Rory Best had a fine game.