November test matches

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cormac
Initiate

November test matches

Post by Cormac »

Channel 4 have won the UK television rights to show Ireland's Autumn international matches starting this season.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: November test matches

Post by solidarity »

They don't have much of a track record but at least it's free.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Feck it's hard to keep up with which provider is showing what. Sounds like the type of channel Luke Spitzbollocks would appear on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ireland face Argentina, the USA and current World Champions New Zealand in November and all three matches will be shown live on Channel 4. The four-year deal includes: coverage of two of Ireland's World Cup warm up matches in 2019 against Italy and Wales; 2020 autumn internationals against Australia, South Africa and another team to be announced; Ireland's autumn internationals in 2021 against the All Blacks, Argentina and another country yet to be confirmed.

No broadcaster for the Italy v Ireland game in Chicago in November has been announced yet.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Ireland face Argentina, the USA and current World Champions New Zealand in November and all three matches will be shown live on Channel 4. The four-year deal includes: coverage of two of Ireland's World Cup warm up matches in 2019 against Italy and Wales; 2020 autumn internationals against Australia, South Africa and another team to be announced; Ireland's autumn internationals in 2021 against the All Blacks, Argentina and another country yet to be confirmed.

No broadcaster for the Italy v Ireland game in Chicago in November has been announced yet.
I'm assuming no self-respecting Ulsterman, woman or child will be seen dead at this nonsense.............. though doubtless, some scumbags will make the journey. Anyone contemplating attending the toilet bowl, I hope you die screaming, preferably before you can attend.

#fu'cktheFIRFU
#fu'cktheAIs
#bringthemhome
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

It would be near impossible for me to care any less about this.

Each to their own I suppose.

#teamofusplussometokennordies
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How many times does Hendo get injured at this tom kite?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Watched the Argies play NZ at the weekend and they are playing some very attractive rugby. Lots of intensity, off-loads and have some cracking wingers. The AB match should be the game of the year. Channel 4 - WTF??
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Saffers showings All Blacks can still be got at
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Some game that was.

BB must be kicking himself. Although he’d probably miss on that showing today.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:Some game that was.

BB must be kicking himself. Although he’d probably miss on that showing today.
2/6 for BB. The call to not go for the DG at the end was bizarre.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Off topic
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

IRFU to make Conor Murray the highest paid player in Ireland to fend off suitors
Despite his ongoing absence through injury, the IRFU will attempt to secure the future of star scrum-half Conor Murray with a bumper deal.

The two-time Lions tourist's contract expires after the World Cup and he is expected to attract plenty of interest from abroad with Saracens among the clubs on the look-out for a top-level No 9.

A pivotal player for Munster and Ireland, it is no surprise that the union will push the boat out to secure Murray's services by making the player the top earner in Irish rugby on €800,000 per year.

News of a potential deal broke in 'The Limerick Leader' earlier this week and comes as Munster remain tight-lipped on the player's neck injury. Head coach Johann van Graan again outlined that the lack of clarity around the issue that has kept the scrum-half out for the first five weeks of the season at least is coming from Murray himself, who does not want to divulge details of the injury.

"I can't comment on Conor," said Van Graan yesterday. "Upon his request, I can't comment on his injury. He's requested that his information remains confidential. I can't really comment on that. I've got to respect that. From the first day we've handled his injury accordingly. We take care of all of our players very well I believe."

Murray's replacement Alby Mathewson looks set to make his debut against Ulster on Saturday. The former All Black arrived on a four-month deal earlier this month but is yet to secure a work permit.

Munster hope to get the clearance today which would put him into contention for the first interpro of the campaign.

The news was less positive on centre Chris Farrell who is likely to be out until the New Year.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Apart from the money that Murray is reputedly going to make, it's interesting how players are using the GDPR to close down attention to their injuries.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Apart from the money that Murray is reputedly going to make, it's interesting how players are using the GDPR to close down attention to their injuries.
Yes. I'm sure van graan is doing this because of GDPFUCKINGR

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk