Summer tour 2018

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Summer tour 2018

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: It's a trend Shan. negativity is the currency of choice in these parts.
Maybe Snipe. Though I have seen incredibly average Ulster players bigged up on this forum. I don't think Ulster are special in that though as I see the same ballix here. Maybe the difference is that we are happy to publicly acknowledge the guys who are top class or top class in our heads. It is odd.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Hendo is the best Irish forward
Yes Dave he is. :D
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not to hot on some of the refereeing .

I am not that keen on cards for things like a knock on when front rows are getting away with dropping scrums and boring ( both offences classified as dangerous ) and players get away with tackling off the ball .

The priorities seem wrong in my book the first function of the referee is to protect players not to punish stupidity .

I won’t go on about the French red for a Payne like incident how a player going for the ball can be held responsible for a player jumping over him defeats me .

Different thing totally from a spear tackle where the player is actually holding the player .

Every player is responsible for his own safety and the other players on the pitch in that order if you act stupidly you’ll pay the price .

The game of rugby was meant to be played with two feet on the ground which was the purpose of the mark .

A player on your own side lifts you and then drops you on your head — does he get a red card — it’s just as dangerous —and he’s meant to be holding you .

A farce of a law — it is the law that is wrong not the decision .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Scannell gets all the plaudits for the scrum. Nothing to do with Healy and Furlong then.

Australia were shockingly poor. They couldn't catch a cold.

Ireland were manshamed in the maul without Hendo.

Apparently though Hendo asked Ryan to impregnate his missus. Considering he is just a vastly superior human in every aspect of life. "Without question" an "automatic starter". Ryan can play the second row on his own.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:Not to hot on some of the refereeing .

I am not that keen on cards for things like a knock on when front rows are getting away with dropping scrums and boring ( both offences classified as dangerous ) and players get away with tackling off the ball .

The priorities seem wrong in my book the first function of the referee is to protect players not to punish stupidity .

I won’t go on about the French red for a Payne like incident how a player going for the ball can be held responsible for a player jumping over him defeats me .

Different thing totally from a spear tackle where the player is actually holding the player .

Every player is responsible for his own safety and the other players on the pitch in that order if you act stupidly you’ll pay the price .

The game of rugby was meant to be played with two feet on the ground which was the purpose of the mark .

A player on your own side lifts you and then drops you on your head — does he get a red card — it’s just as dangerous —and he’s meant to be holding you .

A farce of a law — it is the law that is wrong not the decision .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what do you suggest - illegal to catch the ball in the air? 2 players coming off the ground for a fair contest is a great sight but very easy for something to go wrong. Barret was concussed and it could have been worse as he landed on his neck. I get a bit fed up of the high balls so I wouldn't be against a law that only allowed defensive players to go up in the air and attacking players arn't allowed any physical contact until they hit the ground.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I do believe I suggested that the team who kick the ball can only contest it inside the 22 or goal area, about the time of the Payne farce .

Reason being when you kick you automatically give away possession thus any kick, not landing inside the 22,may be assume to be defensive or for position eg a box kick out side the 22 is basically a positional kick to take play up field in the hope that the opposition mess it up.

A kick across field into the 22 is normally an attacking kick to a winger laying wide and the defender has then the choice of contesting the ball or marking the player .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Scannell gets all the plaudits for the scrum. Nothing to do with Healy and Furlong then.

Apparently though Hendo asked Ryan to impregnate his missus. Considering he is just a vastly superior human in every aspect of life. "Without question" an "automatic starter". Ryan can play the second row on his own.
Well I think everybody knows how good Furlong and Healy are. No harm to give the other guy a bit of praise for a job well done.

As for Ryan - I agree. Hendo should be shining his shoes. :D :D :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Did Cooney even get a full minute.
Probably not but has anyone any idea what position he fitted into?

#CooneybeatAustralia.

Oi, Columbus, you don't half talk some shyte mate.

Saw the second half. Fu'cking Paddybastards can't last 80 minutes, dropping like flies. Pity Oz didn't wrap up the series all things considered.

#fu'ckoffanddieNuckfora
#Fu'ckyou Schmidt
#Browneyou'reabastard
#CorruptFIRFU
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Scannell gets all the plaudits for the scrum. Nothing to do with Healy and Furlong then.

Well I think everybody knows how good Furlong and Healy are. No harm to give the other guy a bit of praise for a job well done.

As for Ryan - I agree. Hendo should be shining his shoes. :D :D :D
Some were saying Scannell shored up the scrum though even though it was a different front row. Agreed re: Hendo. He was poor.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan wrote:
Columbo wrote:But lol no POM isn’t the best back row in Ireland - he is pretty up and down, he was crap last week but MOTM this week. ..
I'd say you don't know much about the game. He carried the back row last week. This type of utter idiocy is almost beyond belief.
It's fair to say Ireland's back row as a unit were utterly outclassed by Pocock and Hooper last week.
No real shame in that as they have done that to a good number of top class sides over the years.
Make one thing clear though POM responded to that level by producing a world class performance of his own.
It was his efforts and leadership that ensured Ireland won the breakdown and the contest was a reversal from last week.
I suspect he will have to even go up a gear from that now as Pocock and Hooper particularly won't be happy with second best again.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

POM is immortal.

Hendo is dung.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: It's fair to say Ireland's back row as a unit were utterly outclassed by Pocock and Hooper last week.
No real shame in that as they have done that to a good number of top class sides over the years.
Make one thing clear though POM responded to that level by producing a world class performance of his own.
It was his efforts and leadership that ensured Ireland won the breakdown and the contest was a reversal from last week.
I suspect he will have to even go up a gear from that now as Pocock and Hooper particularly won't be happy with second best again.
Yes and no player, no matter how good he is, can ever win every contest. Even the mighty McCaw had his ass handed to him, though not very often. It is very difficult to dominate a top class backrow when there's two passengers being carried as there was last week. Stander was p1ssing about last week glory hunting and Jordi didn't turn up. This week Stander actually did some real work and wasn't just bullocking about the place like a headless chicken and both Leavy and Jordi got well stuck in. So yes POM was better this week but that doesn't come on its own.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:POM is immortal.

Hendo is dung.
I don't know if you are trying to make some kind of point or just spewing out meaningless drivel or trying yer hand at comedy. Can you clarify?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:POM is immortal.

Hendo is dung.
I don't know if you are trying to make some kind of point or just spewing out meaningless drivel or trying yer hand at comedy. Can you clarify?
All three.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:
All three.
Legend. :lol: :lol: