Summer tour 2018

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

richardt84
Novice

Re: Summer tour 2018

Post by richardt84 »

With a 12 point lead it’s hard to see why Schmidt doesn’t bring Cooney on to see what he is capable of. If the lesson from the last World Cup was the need to build depth there is no greater need than at 9 yet Marmion and Cooney will be lucky to get 20 minutes between then from the first two tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Carbery is on to say he beat Australia.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Ryan is fast leaving Hendo behind as automatic starter..
No he isn't.

Why does someone on here feel the need to compare the two? They are forming a partnership to take on the world.
Good shout Dave.

Furthermore, what are the chances of someone on Babbling Brook saying that Hendy has clearly replaced Toner. Or someone on MF next season saying that Hendy is clearly ahead of Bierne?
Zero in either case. We love bad mouthing our own players on uafc.

Cue, get back to bakebook/Ulster are brill or some similar guff.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

How good is Furlong though.
Best prop in the world by a distance in my view.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Liz Fraser wrote:How good is Furlong though.
Certainly is and he can do a lot more than just prop
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Rooster wrote:

He is for now although let’s see next season when he’s up aganst a fully fit and firing Schalk Hond Van der Merwe
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:

He is for now although let’s see next season when he’s up aganst a fully fit and firing Schalk Hond Van der Merwe
Furlong will be off buying farm after that.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great win today and keeps hopes alive for the series. Can't ask for much more than a bounceback win. Hopefully we can go ahead and get the job done next weekend.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Great win today and keeps hopes alive for the series. Can't ask for much more than a bounceback win. Hopefully we can go ahead and get the job done next weekend.
The score did not in anyway flatter Ireland. Clearly the better team and should be again next week.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Furthermore, what are the chances of someone on Babbling Brook saying that Hendy has clearly replaced Toner. Or someone on MF next season saying that Hendy is clearly ahead of Bierne?

I can see you have some kind of a point but I really don't think it is bad mouthing a player to say another one is better or moving ahead of him. That's just honesty. For example - Ryan is displaying he is potentially the best second row in Ireland. POM is the best available back rower in Ireland. Best is the best hooker in Ireland. All those statements are correct. None of them bad mouths any other player.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendo is the best Irish forward
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I can see you have some kind of a point but I really don't think it is bad mouthing a player to say another one is better or moving ahead of him. That's just honesty. For example - Ryan is displaying he is potentially the best second row in Ireland. POM is the best available back rower in Ireland. Best is the best hooker in Ireland. All those statements are correct. None of them bad mouths any other player.
i don’t think there’s any question that Ryan is already first choice in the row for Ireland.. he’s phenomenal. But lol no POM isn’t the best back row in Ireland - he is pretty up and down, he was crap last week but MOTM this week. The best and most complete back row in Ireland in the past season has been Leavy by a mile.

Interesting about the hookers - this might be sacrilege on this forum but watching the match today I was wondering if the two guys in the 23 weren’t clearly the 2 best in Ireland... I was incredibly impressed by Scannell, so big and physical, superb in the scrum and line out, and Herring had a great game last week and apart from the first line out (I thought it was a terrible decision to throw him on at that time) he had another cracker today. Next season I reckon we’ll see a big changing of the guard for Ireland and Ulster..
..one more thing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

It's a trend Shan. negativity is the currency of choice in these parts.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Did Cooney even get a full minute.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Columbo wrote:But lol no POM isn’t the best back row in Ireland - he is pretty up and down, he was crap last week but MOTM this week. ..
I'd say you don't know much about the game. He carried the back row last week. This type of utter idiocy is almost beyond belief.