Avivabosh Stadium

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

• Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Avivabosh Stadium

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

So today the insurer Aviva has renewed their sponsorship of the toilet bowl until 2025

Great news for the funding of Irish rugby however, my understanding is that under the previous arrangement Ireland could not play home test matches away from the old Lansdowne Road site

This led to the farcical instance where Ireland played Fiji in Thomond Park but it was downgraded to a non test.

Therefore this relationship with Aviva is actively devaluing international rugby

Only time will tell if this clause remains

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Avivabosh Stadium

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Would you want to attend an international game at a venue with caravans lining the streets outside and horses running feral?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby UlsterNo9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Dave wrote:Would you want to attend an international game at a venue with caravans lining the streets outside and horses running feral?

No chance of international rugby at Casement Park, the redevelopment is no further forward.
#LOGANOUT
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador

Postby UlsterNo9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

#logieforIRFUpresident
#LOGANOUT
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador

Postby Rockrugger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:15 pm

[quote="UlsterNo9"]P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

#logieforIRFUpresident[/quote

The funding for the redevelopment of Ravenhill was ring fenced and very easy to secure. Once the Maze project to put 3 sports into 1 stadium hit the rocks Ulster Rugby got what they asked for they could have asked for more so do not kid yourself as to the role played by Shane Logan in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rockrugger
Novice

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Rockrugger wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

The funding for the redevelopment of Ravenhill was ring fenced and very easy to secure. Once the Maze project to put 3 sports into 1 stadium hit the rocks Ulster Rugby got what they asked for they could have asked for more so do not kid yourself as to the role played by Shane Logan in the process.

Catch a grip, tell us something everyone on this forum does not already know.
#LOGANOUT
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador

Postby BR » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

Is that a new directive? Going to be very quiet around here.
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Rooster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Rockrugger wrote:

I pose the question that due to the amount of money estimated and involved did he actually ask for enough when all things are considered or did he go for the easy option ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 am

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:

Is that a new directive? Going to be very quiet around here.

Tee hee

#logieforIRFUpresident
#LOGANOUT
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador

• Advertisement

Return to International rugby