Irish AI Squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Irish AI Squad

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:I would doubt that Stockdale would be right wing. Is Jack McGrath injured?
As Fleetwood Mac would say - Only Rumours.....will have to wait for the official announcement.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Bundee to start.
It hardly matters. We have Henshaw. There is no other centre in Ireland even up to ECC level in the absence of Ringrose and Payne.
I have heard great things of a young centre who is trying to break into the first team squad in Ulster who could go on to be an decent international level player if he gets the chance.

Anyone know anything about this young guy called Cave ... Darryl Cave, I think might be his name.

Anyone?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:
It hardly matters. We have Henshaw. There is no other centre in Ireland even up to ECC level in the absence of Ringrose and Payne.
I have heard great things of a young centre who is trying to break into the first team squad in Ulster who could go on to be an decent international level player if he gets the chance.

Anyone know anything about this young guy called Cave ... Darryl Cave, I think might be his name.

Anyone?
It's Darren Cove
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
We don't know that, McCloskey is very good and has one cap which isnt exactly a good metric to decide if someone is up to it. Chris Farrell may or may not be good enough but he's worth a shot.
First I've heard of it. He is better than Farrell. I don't doubt that. I wouldn't select Farrell for Munster if we had any other choice.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I have heard great things of a young centre who is trying to break into the first team squad in Ulster who could go on to be an decent international level player if he gets the chance.

Anyone?
If players are good enough, or lucky enough to be around when there is feck all decent players in their position, they get their chance. No amount of whingy cry-baby ballix will ever change that. :D
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:

Anyone?
It's Darren Cove
is that not a place in the Northern Territory, Australia near Beagle Gulf?
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:

Anyone?
It's Darren Cove
is that not a place in the Northern Territory, Australia near Beagle Gulf?
Don't know it - I am very familiar with Beagle Gaffe though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Didn't know you used a gaff on dogs.

You use them to land large fish .... maybe you are thinking of a porbeagle gaff?

But porbeagles are found off the south of Australia, not the north. :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
We don't know that, McCloskey is very good and has one cap which isnt exactly a good metric to decide if someone is up to it. Chris Farrell may or may not be good enough but he's worth a shot.
First I've heard of it. He is better than Farrell. I don't doubt that. I wouldn't select Farrell for Munster if we had any other choice.
I'm a big fan of Aki I think he played quite well against Munster. He showed some glimpses of quality in an otherwise poor game. Against Ulster he was poor and got a bit of a manhandling from McCloskey. I do see Bundee fitting in better with Ireland.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:I'm a big fan of Aki I think he played quite well against Munster. He showed some glimpses of quality in an otherwise poor game. Against Ulster he was poor and got a bit of a manhandling from McCloskey. I do see Bundee fitting in better with Ireland.
I'm unconvinced about him. He was like a shining star at Connacht but even in that glorious year they won the league he was allowed to make error after error just as long as he also provided positives. That does not and cannot work at the top level. Even the top teams struggle to carry someone who is a luxury.

They kind of have to give him a chance because not to do so would make an árse of their project policy. We have seen other project players get a couple of caps even though they are a pile of sh1te. That is where we are at.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Didn't know you used a gaff on dogs.

You use them to land large fish .... maybe you are thinking of a porbeagle gaff?

But porbeagles are found off the south of Australia, not the north. :scratch:
HMS Beagle would have had a gaff.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have two gaffs, I hope soon to only have one.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Stockdale starting. :fleg:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Earls and McGrath injured.
Russ