Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

May 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 49 users online :: 13 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bart S, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Cockatrice, Fortyniner, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], moyletra, SemrushBot, stickinout, UlsterNo9, Wee Woman


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 639227
Total topics 18936
Total members 2901
Our newest member magnummax

Irish AI Squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 4 votes
  

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Well anyway we need to be a lot better this week. Henshaw out is not good. Byrne has a lot to prove defensively but he can't be as bad as Dave K. I will be interested to see how we manage to get the ball beyond the centres. Hopefully we do though because both wingers are more than capable in attack.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Dave wrote:Gilroy seems to be the benchmark in every instance.


Some have pretty low standards.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Gilroy seems to be the benchmark in every instance.


Some have pretty low standards.
Some had him down as a lion
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15716
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Russ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Gilroy seems to be the benchmark in every instance.


Some have pretty low standards.
Some had him down as a lion
He's got the best try scoring stats this calendar year for Shmiddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27098
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:52 am

Shan wrote: ...both wingers are more than capable in attack.


Was that a positive comment about an Ulster player?

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15716
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby rumncoke » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:34 pm

To be honest now both Munster and Leinster occasional accept that odd Ulsterman is good - but only when they are green eyed with envy .

Byrne has a tendency to take a zigzag run at the line with a similar ability to lose support as Gilroy .

My use of comparison to Gilroy is not that he is better but similar frustrating - there is a winger there if he got his act all together



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5604
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Setanta » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Can anyone explain why Farrell got picked before McCloskey? One possibility is to play Aki at inside? Please do not mention the offload - was always going out if Kearney was asleep; not risky at all.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4530
Images: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:03 pm

This is Joe. Of course it's the offload. He sent was home FFS.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15716
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 am

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote: ...both wingers are more than capable in attack.


Was that a positive comment about an Ulster player?



:D :D

Positive comments are made by me about players who deserve positive comments. I refuse to be a provincial clown. At one time that was not anything strange here. Unfortunately over the years this place has got more like "rhapsody in red" which is a bit of a pain in the hole.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 am

Setanta wrote:Can anyone explain why Farrell got picked before McCloskey? One possibility is to play Aki at inside? Please do not mention the offload - was always going out if Kearney was asleep; not risky at all.


You probably won't like it but the explanation is - Farrell showed he is a harder worker and had less errors.

My view is that neither will ever be international standard but centre is currently a weak area. Picking one over the other is like choosing between Ballygowan and River Rock.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Jackie Brown » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 am

That's disingenuous Shan. McCloskey is a cut above Farrell as shown v Fiji were Farrell was there to make up the numbers in defence. We know JS bears a grudge and never forgets. McCloskey won't get a fair go until Schmidt moves on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10436
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:59 am

I agree with Shan, both shyte.

Someone inform former Heiny cup winners Quinlan and DOC, both praising big Stuart FFS.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15716
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:10 am

Jackie Brown wrote:That's disingenuous Shan. McCloskey is a cut above Farrell as shown v Fiji were Farrell was there to make up the numbers in defence. We know JS bears a grudge and never forgets. McCloskey won't get a fair go until Schmidt moves on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


I don't think Joe bears any grudges. He wasn't the only one who thought Farrell was better last week as evidenced by the newspaper analysis. I don't agree by the way with that. I think they were both as unconvincing as the other. I expect more at Ireland level than these two have shown thus far.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Russ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:28 am

Shan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:That's disingenuous Shan. McCloskey is a cut above Farrell as shown v Fiji were Farrell was there to make up the numbers in defence. We know JS bears a grudge and never forgets. McCloskey won't get a fair go until Schmidt moves on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


I don't think Joe bears any grudges. He wasn't the only one who thought Farrell was better last week as evidenced by the newspaper analysis. I don't agree by the way with that. I think they were both as unconvincing as the other. I expect more at Ireland level than these two have shown thus far.
It's well known that Irish newspapers write what the irfu tells them to write

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27098
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Irish AI Squad

Postby Shan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 am

Russ wrote:It's well known that Irish newspapers write what the irfu tells them to write



That is only well known by some Ulsterfolk. In other words it is, largely, not true.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10295
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->