Re: Irish AI Squad

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Super Rab stats:

Spins: 96
Sidesteps into a forward: 18
Arching run away from support: 5
Guns on big screen: 45
Message to the world is - Ireland is one sexy land. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

3-0 in the AI. 20-0 after a perfect first half; nilling Argentina. However we lost the second halves of the last two games - 6-17 and 8-19 rather takes the gloss off.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Stockdale closing in on Fitzgerald's Ireland record

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

:lol:

That's good.

Stockdale is absolutely class. I think it was Horgan who said he looks like he has 20 caps.

Born to be on the wing for Ireland.
Actually, I think the miserable Kiwibastard missed a trick when the Mulster centre had to leave. He should have kept Byrne on the wing and put Stockdale at 13, the lad has the makings of a cracking 13 but equally, he's some boy on the wing and decent at 15 too.

Very clearly the best wing in the country, Ulster will in future pick Stockcube & AN Other on the wings.

I did a little check on Ulster last season & this, of Ulster's tries by backs, Stockdale has scored slightly more than half of them, and he has started less than half of the games.

EDIT: Last season & this, Stockcube has started 14 games, 11 more off the bench and has 14 tries.
Add in 4 caps and 4 tries, as many as Luke Fitzgerald scored in 34 caps and the feckin' Mexicans think he was class.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The fact is neither Farrell or McCloskey are as bad as some think they are they just fail to be as good as many want them to be .

They fail to remember D'Arcy for years had his detractors and critics but has many caps to his credit .

Most forget that 50% of a centres responsibility is defence and the other 50% is to ensure that any ball receives results in getting the ball over the gain line either by a personal run ,pass or kick and to ensure he is not responsible for the failure to either cross the gain line or losing possession behind the gain line .

A try scoring break is the bonus not the primary objective as many seem to think because breaks come at International level usually as a result of a mistake by the opposition not from the performance of the centre.

Using that framework the both McCloskey and Farrell are reasonable International centres while not possessing the pace of other centres but relying on power to achieve performance .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:3-0 in the AI. 20-0 after a perfect first half; nilling Argentina. However we lost the second halves of the last two games - 6-17 and 8-19 rather takes the gloss off.
Three expected wins against incredibly weak competition and they made hard work of the last 2.

Unimpressive barring Stockdale.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

2017 AIs:

Best back: Stockdale
Best forward: Hendo
Best: Rory
Best academy: Ulster

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Actually, I think the miserable Kiwibastard missed a trick when the Mulster centre had to leave. He should have kept Byrne on the wing and put Stockdale at 13, the lad has the makings of a cracking 13 but equally, he's some boy on the wing and decent at 15 too.
I would have brought on Keatley and just moved Aki out to 13. However either way I agree Byrne should not have moved to centre.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:2017 AIs:

Best back: Stockdale
Best forward: Hendo
Best: Rory
Best academy: Ulster

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Irish media awards

Best back Sexton
Best forward Sexton
Best Sexton
Best Academy Sexton

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Kearney his stats read 11 carries and 3 passes which sort of sums up what most think — the great I AM
Is only interested in his own performance and / or suffers from Tunnel Vision .

I was surprised to see Byrne moved to centre but it might be because Joe seemed to think Stockdale defence was weak - and to be honest when Argentina attacked his wing he seemed to be confused but I think that was by the number of defenders marking his channel 2 Argies and three defenders Farrell Kearney and Stockdale in the drift defence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tony Ward thinks that Kearney had an influential game and that Stockdale is a superstar in the making.

Can't have it both ways can we?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:Tony Ward thinks that Kearney had an influential game and that Stockdale is a superstar in the making.

Can't have it both ways can we?
Kearney has his usual poor game where he failed to do the basics right
Just this time he decided to run with a bit of purpose at weak shoulders. If you rewatch the game though he disappears for extended periods, particularly in defence, and when he has the ball he takes the wrong option on each occasion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Super Rab had little to do
His contract is up for renewal
If the six nations doesn't go well he will get "injured"
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?